Mirtazapine withdrawal support group Facebook

Posted , 11 users are following.

Anyone wanting to join a lovely support group private message me on here x

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Toria .I was on mitarzipine for7months as my son was very ill and i was not sleeping.I came off the drug in Oct following the Drs directions (which I now think were too drastic) I am still suffering withdrawl symptoms I might have up to 16 days off feeling good and then it all starts again Nausea every morning lack of energy ,and appetite and feeling down .Each time I feel normal I pray it will continue that way but it starts up again.I wish I could see an end to it.Do you know if this common .I would appreciate any advice you could offer .Thank you

• Posted

hi, its called waves and windows, the fact that your windows are so long is excellent because that shows your brain can return to normal, keep trooping it will be worth it x

• Posted

Hi Toria Thanks for getting back to me .Im really trying to stay positive but the last window was only a week .I feel I am going backwards.I have made an appt for my dr to ring me next week to see what she can advise I had even thought of going back to a small dose (I dont really want to as Ive come this far) just so I can function properly.Im not usually a defeatist but want my life back

• Posted

a week is amazing trust me, i only had the odd hour here and there at first, what are your symptoms now lovely?

• Posted

Thanks again Toria .Symptoms are still the same ,nausea,lethargy, no appetite

feeling really low and find myself tearful for no reason.I had hoped after 7mths off them it would have got easier.I feel for you if you only had a few hours .What were your symptoms. Im usually a very active person and hate the way I am at the moment Hopefully my Dr will come up with something but not too hopeful I do appreciate your help.Thanks

• Posted

aw bless you, i had all you mentioned plus some, i slowly built up my exercise and over time it worked, the fatigue is brutal x

• Posted

Thanks again.I am suffering dull headaches now .Did you ? get those and how long did it take you to get back to normal? As you say fatigue is awful .

• Posted

Hi Toria Thanks for getting back to me .Im really trying to stay positive but the last window was only a week .I feel I am going backwards.I have made an appt for my dr to ring me next week to see what she can advise I had even thought of going back to a small dose (I dont really want to as Ive come this far) just so I can function properly.Im not usually a defeatist but want my life back

• Posted

Hi Toria Its a while since I have been on this page .After 9 months off Mirtazine I thought id reached the end of the tunnel and find it hard to believe that after a good month of no problems I suddenly have some symptoms back again {fatigue ,feeling low,and and some nausea ,dizzieness } I cant believe I am feeling like this again.Can you tell me if this is common.? Hoping you might be able to comment

Thanks Dorothy

• Posted

Hi Toria

It`S some time since I have been on this page .I have been of Mitarzipan for 9 months .Having had a good month or so ,i thought Id reached the end of the tunnel but I have started experiencing withdrawal symptoms again. (neausea ,feeling really really low ,and dizzy) I find it hard to believe after so long it has started again although not so severe .Do you know if this normal .I really need some assurance

Thanks Dorothy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.