Mirtazapine Withdrawal Week 7 report

Posted , 7 users are following.

Today makes 7 weeks since the last dose of Mirtazapine. I am still sick. I feel a little better at times, but mostly: abdominal pain & cramps, nausea, anxiety, blood pressure and heart rate problems, headaches, weak, fatigue, vertigo, and generally sick. Some are not as bad as it has been, but I am still sick and miserable. I have been to the ER twice since this started because it has been so bad that I thought I had a serious health problem. It is hard to believe that I am still sick with this after 7 weeks of suffering. I had a complete lab workup, x-rays, and kidney function test. Anyone else suffering this long? Prayers are appreciated. David

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I suffered for roughly 12 weeks stick with it you will feel better soon.take care 
    • Posted

Can I ask how long you was on mirtazapine for and dosage and withdrawal symptoms ? I'm currently on week 3 of being of it and feel constantly and intensely anxious, no appetite, insomnia, very low mood, stomach cramps and sickness. I was contemplating going back on it but your post has given me some hope
    • Posted

Fudgeybear helped me a lot when I thought I wasn't going to get any better. 12 weeks sounds about right smile
    • Posted

Sunshine, I was on 45 mg for 7 years, tried to taper off but withdrawal was so bad I went back on 7.5 mgs for a year, and then quit cold turkey 7 weeks ago. My wife says that she has seen improvement, but it is hard for me as I feel awful. My symptoms were what you are describing. Please try your best to hang in there and get your brain and body sober again working on it's on. Every day is another day closer to being free from that awful chemical dependence. Take Care.
    • Posted

I have felt like that at times, like there was going to be no end to this but I am determined that I won't take another one. Period. Thank you again!
    • Posted

The docs have tried to convince me that my anxiety is returning and I need to go back on it, the thought of doing that frightens me to death! It's so helpful to know that it's withdrawal and hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel

Thank toy

• Posted

Sunshine, my headaches were so bad that I thought that I was having a stroke and went to the ER and had a brain CT scan. It was normal. The week before I went with severe epigastric pain and thought that it might be a heart attack. EKG and labwork was normal, it was stomach spasms from the withdrawal. You don't know how many times since I have thought that I needed to go to the hospital because I have felt so bad. I am NOT advocating anyone delaying medical care if they think that they need it, I am just making a point of just how bad mirtazapine withdrawal can be for some people. I blame part of my problem on quitting cold turkey, and wouldn't recommend that anyone do that no matter what dose you are on, or how long you have been on them. Again, good luck and Godspeed to you Sunshine! David
    • Posted

Hi Sunshine,I was on 15 mg for three months,I foolishly only tapered down for two weeks before stopping it,my doctor said that I d be ok,after about 9 days the withdrawl hit me,I had all the symptoms you have got,ii ached all over aswell,remember everyone is different and it might not take you as long,were you on mirtizapine for long?i was a jibbeing wreck and now I feel ok.You ve done so well to get this far keep going !! X
    • Posted

Much better now thanks! Still the occassional curve ball but 95% of the time I feel back to normal smile
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I was on 15mg mirt for 2 years, the last 6 months I have only been on 1 tablet a week and 3 weeks ago I stopped completely. My mood is very very low today and my anxiety is very high, can't see an end to it all, just wish it would go away 😔
    • Posted

Fudgeybear, I am starting week 8, and I am better. My main problems right now are mild headache, fatigue, not much appetite, but most of all stomach/abdominal cramps. How long did you have abdominal issues? Thanks, David
    • Posted

Hi David,I didn't have stomach cramps,but I know one of the other ladies did,I think it was about the 12 week mark before they improved,I m so pleased you re starting to feel a little better 😊
    • Posted

It's hard to belive it ever gets better, I'm really pleased you re well again 😊xx
    • Posted

David I think Haveing IBS,WD Mirt enhances the cramps.

my GP told me when I got to 15mg to just stay there untill my Tum got a little better,but it hasn't .  Have you got any pain killers to help ?

• Posted

My doc prescribed Tynol 3 with Codeine, but I haven't taken any yet. I hope your husband is better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.