Mirtazapine Withdrawal Week 7 report

Posted , 7 users are following.

Today makes 7 weeks since the last dose of Mirtazapine. I am still sick. I feel a little better at times, but mostly: abdominal pain & cramps, nausea, anxiety, blood pressure and heart rate problems, headaches, weak, fatigue, vertigo, and generally sick. Some are not as bad as it has been, but I am still sick and miserable. I have been to the ER twice since this started because it has been so bad that I thought I had a serious health problem. It is hard to believe that I am still sick with this after 7 weeks of suffering. I had a complete lab workup, x-rays, and kidney function test. Anyone else suffering this long? Prayers are appreciated. David

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone! I'm heartened by the encouraging messages I've read in this forum. My problems with the mirtazapine withdrawal seem to be physical, and have exacerbated my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I'm staying on 30 mg until that improves , because my way of staving off depression and anxiety is to get out and about, and I can't do that if I can't walk. Then I'll start dropping a few mgs off a tablet every so often and wait 2 weeks each time to gauge the effect before the next step. I was caught out this time by the fact that it took 2 weeks for the effects to become apparent, and then they just kept getting worse.

Thanks everyone, and let's keep trying!

Pixie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.