Mirtazapine withdrawals

Posted , 7 users are following.

I saw my cpn today & she said she wants me to come off the Mirtazapine going from 7.5mg to 0. I asked her if i could do another week at 7.5mg until i feel a bit more stable. She's going to speak to the doctor tomorrow & let me know. I'm not going to drop from 7.5mg to 0 but i only have enough tablets for a week or 2 if i drop it to 3.75mg. What's the best plan of action?

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I was on 45.mg then30.mg and now 15mg but not sure what's nxt. I need to go on something else but not sure on the next Meds.

• Posted

How were you reducing ?

I am on 45 but too scared to start reducing cos of horror stories.

• Posted

I'm also taking Paroxetine. I was functioning fine on that for 22 years. I had a medication review about 6 months ago & they told me there were better drugs out there now. I stupidly agreed to try Mirtazapine while tapering from Paroxetine. I managed 3 weeks without Paroxetine but couldn't cope. I was subsequently put back on 40mg Paroxetine about 4 months ago. I was taking 40mg & 30mg Mirtazapine for about a month but decided that i don't want to take more drugs so made the decision to taper off the Mirtazapine & go back to just 40mg Paroxetine which i'd been taking with success for 22 years previously.

• Posted

Ah, i understand now how it is a bit easier for you to drop mirtazapine, a) you hve not been on it for long and b) you have paroxetine to help you.  You are fortunate in that respect.  I hope you get rid of all mirtazapine side effects quickly.
    • Posted

It's still by means easy Ann, i wish it was. It's been a complete rollercoaster. I was off the Paroxetine for 3 weeks had horrendous withdrawals then went back on the Paroxetine & suffered from all the side effects of restarting an anti depressant. Also had the side effects of starting the Mirtazapine. & now i'm having the withdrawals of tapering & coming off the Mirtazapine.

• Posted

Weekly the Dr said to drop down to the lower dose. But I'm seeing my dr to so who knows what's the nxt step.

• Posted

What have the withdrawals been like and how long where you on it ?
  • Posted

Hi Tim hope your feeling well I’m not Came completely off then last Friday and I’m suffering real bad I’m determined to feel the way I used to before I started taking these pills I have severe anxiety and very low mood no interest in daily activities hoping they will all subside through time and I also lose the 2 stone I have gained x
    • Posted

I am almost off these and suffering the same symptoms which took me onto them in first place. It is really bad agitation and cannot settle. Sleep bad and waking distressed, diazepam keeping me going but not great.  

I know you have anxiety and low mood back as i do, do you feel agitated? How long did you take these for?

• Posted

How is the bad suffering going? Are you able to,tell me how to get off this
  • Posted

How are your tapering plans going now?  I hope you are feeling better.  I am stuck in same place, having problems making cut to half of 3.75
    • Posted

Hi Ann, i'm on day 3 of 3.75mg. Feel ok but also realise that can quickly change. Will hopefully stay at 3.75mg for 1-2 weeks (depending on how i feel) until dropping down to 1.87mg for a further 1-2 weeks or so.

• Posted

How is it going.

did the 3.75 work out

i am there and want to know if any side effects from 1.87

thanks

• Posted

Hi Ann,

I'm on 1.87mg for the last 6 days. I feel ok but am a little rocky at times. If you can before you drop make sure you're fairly stable. Remember some withdrawals are unfortunately inevitable no matter how slowly you taper. By going slower we're just trying to limit the withdrawal symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.