Mirtazapine withdrawl

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I've just found this link and it seems just what I'm looking for. I've been on Mirtazapine for 6 months but my anxiety problems never seemed to improve. The doctor upped me from 30 to 45 and then the nightmare began. I was scared of everything and couldn't leave the house. I saw him again and he dropped me to 15 and 10 of Citalopram. Coming down off Mirt is terrible. I've had massive withdraw for 4 days now. Scared, shaking ,hot ,cold, cant eat I've lost a stone. Today's a little bit better but I still can't raise the courage to take the dog for a walk. I'm due to up the Citolopram to 20 in a few days, I pray this work 'cos this is misery.

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Couldn't agree more, Frimley. I think the GPs just don't understand psychiatric medications. My doctor told me to completely stop the Mirtazapine at 15mgs without tapering which I know is ridiculous. A slow taper is the best option all round as far as withdrawals are concerned.

• Posted

I'm hoping that when I increase the Cital dosage to 20 on Saturday it will do away with the worst of my anxiety and shakes, then I'm going to decrease my Mirt by a few mg at a time and hopefully come off it completely .

• Posted

That sounds like a good plan, Frimley. I'm trying to wean off the Mirtazapine too and plan to go very slowly oer the course of 4-6 months. Good luck and keep us updated.

• Posted

Hi Frimley, I hope the new doses soon kick in and you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.