mirtazipan withdrawal help needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am trying desperately to come off mirtazipan and I am trying to work out the best plan to withdraw, 26 days ago I reduced my dose from 30 to 15, although I am bearing it, the side effects are awful, I have a thick headache, nausea, trembling, but to name a few, today I burst into tears for no apparent reason, please can someone tell me if this is normal? I was hoping to cut the dose down by half again, does anyone know if this happens after each reduction ? And when is right time to reduce. Thank you in advance for your help.Margaret x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I agree with jacq....

i tried reduction and it didn't seem to work so this time I'm doing every other night at 7.5. So far so good. I just started this week going two days off one day on and wow no anxiety or gastro problems and I actually slept all night. So next week three days off...unless I get Sick then I will stick with my two days off. I guess I won't know until I'm off this junk. But I'm feeling well. I'm worried but not anxious.

( for me and this medicine..I never had much problem with reduction it was always a week after taking it that I felt sick. 

We will all get of this medication eventually....it takes time. I thought today if I only had a months worth of pain medication I'd be fine .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.