Mirtazipine + Weight Loss

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi All,can anyone tell me when or if the weight will come either during or after finishing with tapering off mirt.I feel like a large piece of lard on 2 legs after adding 2 stone.I have just seen myself in the mirror and look like Ian Beale in Eastenders with a protruding tum.I am on 3rd cut from 15ml-now down to 11.9mg or 0.77ml.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

To all ladies who's suffer from weight gain for the same reason, The Mirt. I only have started it in about three months and ive gained around a stone which is a lot in my case. Ive always been about 51kg now nearly 57, i also am a short one and now i look like a stuffed socks!! I havent gained the weight in the usual way, most of it is on my arms and weist hips and my belly. My doc never mentioned the side effects i just read all about it few days ago and I'm still shocked. i was already suspecious as im running almost every day 4km for 6 weeks and only 1 kg went off. in usual case i would be at my target. that lone kilogramm went off on those 3 days when i was out of medication. this Mirt really does help but the craving it causes is horrible and feel like my stomach is a blackhole, nothing fills it in, no food is a satisfactory. i started reducing the 15mg to 7.5 and we shall see if thst helps. fingers crossed and i hope you all will have your desired shape back eventually(so do i i hope)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.