Mirtrazine

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on mirtrazine 30 mg for 13 days previous I was on 15 mg for 14 days I seem to go flat around the two week mark .i woke really anxious this morning taken a diazepam so I could go back to sleep as sleep also along with depression and anxiety feel in a black hole finding it difficult to see any future .am seeing doctor for update.have been searching on here but lots of them so old now .do I hang in there is it still early days.so difficult I know you all know my pain so lonely .my family are at a loss they just keep saying how you feeling mum.i could scream ,

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is the first time I've written about Mirtrazine...believe it or not much of it has been helpful when I started reading about others and how it affects them..yours

boggled my mine...my doctor started me on 1/4 of 15mg....have been on it for about four weeks, he wanted me to give up my morning prozac of 10mg...I tried it for about three mornings, but finally Monday I went back to the prozac...I'm not

sure I can honestly say that I see any difference in my anxiety, perhaps my dose is too low but honestly going to 1/2 has me feeling rather nervous when I read about all the people trying to give it up....does anyone feel like it works...???

I'm 77 and want to find the right answer sooner then later.  I have a good 

doctor, but beginning to wonder about being his guinea pig!  Does anyone have

anything positive to say about taking this medication, by itself or in conjunction with another mind altering drug.   I was out of breath from the moment I woke up this morning and avoided taking an Ativan which I usually would end up doing 2 to 3 times in a day...the doctor said NOT to take....so today went without.  I did

try rescue remedy which seemed to help.  I just took my 1/4 dose and will see

what tomorrow brings...being out of breath is my main problem which I had

before taking the drug - anxiety/depression I suppose...is something difficult to

always treat...thank you for lettinng me write my story but don't think Dawn

I was of much help.  Do try and find a really good psyche doc...I'm going to  get a 2nd opinion this and find another doctor....we shouldn't have to be suffering so.

Thanks everyone for letting me rant.

• Posted

Thankyou Eleanor I am 60 and really do not want to waste any more time .i do hope you find relief too .i do know what you mean about the forum but there are some positives too.and as someone said on here they are probably getting on with their lives ,so don,t be afraid you have to try these  and find out ,I have had good response to these but seem too poop out after a fortnight .
    • Posted

Thank you Dawn for your quick response, not sure where you are but here in SF it's almost one oclock....time to shut down the computer, really appreciated hearing a reply to my longish post....so soon...enjoy 

Sunday where ever you live...

• Posted

I am in same age range as you and finding it difficult to get on with mirtazapine.  Had it once before 20 years Go and it fixed me. Keep in touch about how youre doing and so will i
    • Posted

Thank you Ann how long have you been on it this time .do you think it is also because we have been here before which we know is a long road to recovery .35 years ago I had postnatal depression then P M T was on Prozac for that .
    • Posted

I am also wondering if its because we used thismone before, so it wont work again.  I tried last year to go up to 15mg then dr wanted 22.5 but i couldnt stand it so have dropped back to 7.5 and am totally stuck.  Not better, not worse. Need diazepam often if i need to go out somewhere which i never had before.   They tried giving me sleeping pills but i decided as they were also addictive i tapered off. Feel really stuck as when i tried earlier to take zoloft, then duloxetine, both failed due to bad side effects.   Just need a better psychiatrist. 
    • Posted

I am at a loss to Ann and stuck as you say .I am seeing doctor tomorrow so will let you know how I get on .do you live in England?
    • Posted

Yes, also in uk. Hope your dr is better than mine. Let me know what answer is.  I bet put dose up/down or change to new anti dep! 
    • Posted

Oh do hope not This is the third one been on tried Prozac ,escitralpram for 7 weeks now this mirtrazine for four weeks 2 weeks 15mg 2 weeks 30 mg .off work since Christmas as had breakdown. I live in Kent.
    • Posted

So sorry you have had breakdown.  You have obviously got same problems as me with regard to tolerating these meds.  Imoften wonder if he natural route would be better.  You might mention a new drug getting good reviews, afomelatine.  I am trying to find out more but seems it works much better for most.  Is your gp handling this or did he send you to meental health team.  I think they may be more experienced in these meds.
    • Posted

Hi yes go handling it at moment .i have tried the natural way but it not strong enough.have taken them alongside Prozac before.I do go to a food intolerance lady she has always bought up my thyroid and hormones but each time I get tested by doc the results come back normal.She has just given me a good vitamin  and omega 3 to help but reluctant to have me stop the tablets doc supplied .
    • Posted

Meant to say gp at beginning

• Posted

Sorry i meant to say Agomelatine.

Yes i know what you mean about trying natural remedies but just not strong enough.

i have been told to ask my gp to test t3 and t4 not just ordinary thyroid, they are the markers in anxiety.   Also B12.  

I just want them to make me better like last time but nobody seems to be able to.  By body doesnt seem to like the anti deps.   Tried cbt, waste of money.   

Its hard to have to put on a face for your family during all this, i dont feel well enough to see so many friends anymore and cannot face my old yoga class.

wish you well tomorrow.

• Posted

Oh gosh Ann you do sound just like me I am at the moment paying for a lady to teach me yoga ,trouble is she does not believe in meds keeps saying it's all in the breath .i am starting class next week .you are right about family I have two sons and six grandchildren really cannot feel anything at the moment also find it difficult when they visit.also not really seeing any friends either always feeling low sorry if this sounds negative xxxxxx

• Posted

yes, heres another mirtazapine patient with problems.  I dont have prozac or ativan but dr did give me low dose of mirtaz and some diazepam.  The mirtaz helps my sleep but nothing else, too low a dose, higher tried but felt like i was a zombie, so back low, would like to ditch it but scared i wont sleep.  Sometimes take diazepam before going anywhere anxious.  Tried rescue remedy but didnt seem to make much difference.

i get out of breath nowadays walking uphill or faster than i can manage.  I put it down to weight gain on mirtazapine - thats another thing they dont tell you about!

sorry cormthe rant, just remember there are many of us out there whose drs just cannot fix.

• Posted

Oh my goodness, your life is so like mine.  My sons are grown and i have two grandchildren, its just this illness is keeping me from being the real mum i was.  I know they all want me to get better too, playing with children is so hard when it should be a pleasure.  I get so frustrated with my friends who are babysitting and holidaying with theirs.  Are you finding yoga one to one helpful at all?  I tried a little of it and i have a local teacher who has offered to come to do lessons at home for me but im scared i wont cope.  You are lucky you can get to a class, a friend offered to take me but i scared about that too.
    • Posted

I have no started yet my lovely all will be revealed I can drive when I am well 

and on ,good days I can talk to myself but I sure know how it drives you mad that voice of reasoning .i do miss not being able to have my grandchildren over to stay ,they are always asking can they have a sleep over bless them but I am to scared don,t know what about stupid .xxx

• Posted

The yoga one to one has been helpful Ann she gets you to do the pose correctly and the breathing has helped great deal always thought you had to breathe through nose out through mouth but in yoga it is in through nose out through nose.strange but it works .
    • Posted

Sorry Ann realised I had sent a message to myself.I found the yoga 1 to 1 helpful in getting the pose and breath correct my lady charges me 25 pounds for the hour.they reckon on 12 sessions which I treated myself for my 60 th birthday present .feltguilty otherwise what with prescription charges this illness costs a bomb.fingers cross I can use it to the good .
    • Posted

Why do you think we feel scared of our grandchildren coming, its mad.  I wasnt like this till the illness hit me.  Well done you, having yoga. I am holding back i know.  Just want my confidence back. I dd yoga for 20 years but have put on weight so not so easy now. Do keep in touch, your story is very similar to mine, even age same.
    • Posted

I know it is mad makes me very upset too.Have had really bad anxiety today been debating wether to take a diazepam but getting late so will hold out doctor only prescribed them for emergency .have been doing breathing excersises wish it would just go away such negative thoughts that ruminate through my head feel such a failure xxx
    • Posted

Ann what dose are you on?...just read all of the back and forth between you and Dawn....all very interesting....I live in SF, my husband is from England.

but has been in the US a very long time...Enjoyed reading all the posts,

thank you.

• Posted

Greetings from SF...thank you and Ann for your back and forth posts

today...interesting to read them all....nice to know about others and what they think works and doesn't....actually trying Melatonin 3 mg over the counter usually at a health food type store...works for me...last nite the

mirth never kicked in was up until after the sun came up : = ) but it got to late to try a sleeping remedy, since I have a lot to do today.  Actually it's a good day, I'm not out of breath as I was yesterday all day...for me that's a positive.....again many thanks for the posts.  cheers to all

• Posted

Hi, always happy to share any information or experiences here.  I am on 7.5mg which some nights gives me 2 hrs sleep and then i get till 5am like today.  I am not sure how that works. All i know is i am not better, but i can sleep some nights better than others
    • Posted

Morning Ann just seen your reply my goodness how do you cope that is my worst anxiety is not being able to sleep I am getting 6 hours most night now .have you been like this a long time xxhugs 

• Posted

Hi, hope you have had a decent day.  Its so hard when you dont manage to accomplish what you want but just remember you have a lovely family there.will keep in touch ive had a cold so been very tired. Better days are coming.
    • Posted

Hi Ann yes been to docs yesterday he is not upping my mirt he said He is going to do full bloods as he noticed my voice was very husky .will be having those next week .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.