mirtzapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all would love some advice, i am thinking of going on 15mg mirtzapine just for sleep, could anyone tell me which other AD mixes with mirtz, gp took me off mirtz because i also take sertraline, but i want to go back on mirtz for sleep, ive got an appointment with gp soon and want to come off sertraline and go back on 15mg mirtz but would like to add another AD? Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Julie

I was taking Citalopram with Mirt for about 3 months, doc decided to leave me just on Mir' 15 mg FOR SLEEP which is working well and therefore the anx' & dep have subsided.

How long were you on Mirt' before and how did you withdraw?  Quite a few followers on here very interested (to say the least) in wd !!

• Posted

Hi calmer46, i waa crossed over to amitriptyline but i feel i want to go bk on mirtz,, why did gp stop your citalopram hun? I was thinking of asking for citalopram but didnt want to if my gp wont allow it i know there is a risk with ssri and mirtz
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

I stopped Citalopram as both my Therapist & GP said I didn't need both - although I KNOW where you're coming from as 15 mg Mirt' isn't really a high enough dose to conquer bad depression but GREAT for sleep aid.  I would do that if I still felt depressed - if your doc' will let you.

It's great to talk to you and share - funnily enough I was wondering about switching to Amatriptyline to help get off Mirt near the end of tapering (months I believe is the best way).  Why do you want to come off Amytriuptyline?

• Posted

Hi calmer46, i find 15mg mirtz enough for sleep, the lower the

dose the higher the seditive, never get my head round that, i need something for sleep hun, amtripline isnt enuff for me, it was great for getting me off mirtz i didnt get the withdrawal of coming off mirtz by crossing over x

• Posted

Hi again Julie,

Are you saying you just swapped Mirt' for Amtripline - no weaning off Mirt was necessary ???

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I'm took Effexor with mirt as well as zopiclone, my advice would be if you can avoid mirt & GP prescribe something else for sleep I'd def go down that route.

The withdrawals from mirt are white horrific to say the least!!

Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Hi brandy i waa on zoplicone gp stoped it as he doesnt like agree with them some issue with them, what could i ask for sleeping is a problem with me, thank you for replying xx
    • Posted

Hi Julie, I'm afraid I couldn't say what else to try, I can only talk about my own meds that I've been on & I'm no expert on those either lol, if you can hold out til you see your GP & talk about the best course of action for you, I'm so sorry I couldn't be of more help to you x
    • Posted

Hi brandy, thank you for replying, i talk with gp friday xx
    • Posted

No probs Julie, stay strong & you'll get there, I'm here if you want to talk, let me know how you get in Friday xx
    • Posted

GP might have stopped your zopiclone because you are not supposed to take it for more than 4 weeks. Any longer, and you could get addicted to it, and your body could get used to it so you need higher doses for same effect. I've taken venlafaxine with mirtazapine for several years, with success.
    • Posted

Hi brandy thank you for your support, ill let you know what gp says x
    • Posted

Hi pixie22 thanks for replying , i was on zopiclone for 7 years hun, is venlafaxine a ssri x
    • Posted

Venlafaxine classed as SNRI - serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Same group as mirtazapine and sertraline. You were lucky if zopiclone worked for 7 years. I take it only very occasionally, if I get to the early hours of the morning & still can't sleep. It always gives me hazy feeling the following day.
    • Posted

Hi pixie22 i am also on 50mg sertraline but gp wouldnt allow me to take a ssri with mirtzapine some risk, i was fine on them but rules i suppose, im not sure venlafaxine will be allowed with mirtz, i was ok on zopiclone, x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.