mirtzapine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all would love some advice, i am thinking of going on 15mg mirtzapine just for sleep, could anyone tell me which other AD mixes with mirtz, gp took me off mirtz because i also take sertraline, but i want to go back on mirtz for sleep, ive got an appointment with gp soon and want to come off sertraline and go back on 15mg mirtz but would like to add another AD? Thanks in advance x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been on sertraline and mirtazapine at the same time. No problems with that (200 mg sertraline, 15 mg mirt and also 450 mg Wellbutrin. 

Your doc is probably extra cautious to make sure that you dont get Serotonin Syndrome. So any AD that is an SSRI will make him nervous.

How about staying on Sertraline and adding zopiclone (Imovane) for sleep? That's what I am taking because I dont want Mirtazapine and the weight gain that goes with it.... 

• Posted

Hi mermaid, thank you for your reply, thats what my gp said

hun, i was on zopiclone for years i got off them aa also my gp

dont like them some issues with them, xx

• Posted

Hi  Julie Why would you want to go on mirt when so many want out as its addictive
    • Posted

Hi maggie, for the sleep, im now changing my mind i have just got off mirtz and found my memory is better and losing weight, which is good. I just need something for sleep thank you for your message x
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

If you're off it & doing well I'd be so reluctant to start it again, the weight loss alone gives you a big big boost & you feel better about yourself, I'd talk with doc & see what they suggest.

Best wishes xx

• Posted

Hi brandy, if it wasnt for you all i think id of gone bk on them, i

wont go bk on them i dont think, best thing is i have more engry , can remember things more, its just this sleep thing some nights i sleep others i dont sleep well, im going to speak with gp on friday fingers crossed, hope your well hunni xx

• Posted

You're doing brilliant without them doll!! I hear you with the sleep thing, it's very annoying & then you get worked up meaning finding sleep nigh on impossible, could you try an over the counter remedy for sleeping til you see your GP on Friday? Keep us posted xx
    • Posted

Thanks hun, im still on amitriptyline its helps abit, ive taken to

mediation that helps, i found one on youtube called calm minds, i have some melatonin that helps alittle, im hanging on till friday , ill keep you posted to what gp says xxx

• Posted

Hi brandy, ive decided to stay off mirtz gp was great, im upped amtripline by 10mg so far so good he wants me to call him in 2 weeks to see how im going, hope ur well xx
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

So glad to hear you're doing well, long may it continue for you! It's also good to find an understanding GP, they're few & far between. Keep us posted 😊 xx

• Posted

Hi brandy i will hunni, ive never seen this gp before, he even gave me 2 months sick note i dont 100% trust gps but hopefully hes o

ok.ill keep you informed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.