Miserable Mum please help

Posted , 17 users are following.

mandy91562 Marley1 • 13 minutes agoHi I'm new to the group. I've been reading some posts/ replies on here what a lovely group of people you are!

im 46 and recently diagnosed as peri menopausal. My doc tried to put me on Prempak c . I did take them for 2 months but felt terribly bloated so ive stopped taking them . That was a month ago and I feel awful again. My main symptom is feeling sad. Not just a little bit sad but sad to the point where I want to be alone .. I can't listen to the news or any slow songs on the radio as I know it will set me off. I hate myself and have driven some friends away with my constant excuses of not wanting to go out. I think some have finally got bored of me. 

As I type this im alone again in my bedroom- fending off 3 children who are getting used to their mum going to bed at 7.30pm. I love my children and husband and I'm worried I will drive them away too. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? X 0 votes  Report  Share Reply

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I really feel for you but think you should persevere with the tablets, surely better to feel a bit bloated than to feel sad all the time. Try & combat the bloating with diet & exercise.  Or you could go back to doctor & get him to change tablets to something that will suit you better.   Hope all works out ok for you x

• Posted

hi mandy .. i read your post and felt so sorry for you as i too am going through the exact same thing .. i wouldnt wish these feelings of despair on anyone .. the other night i was totally inconsoleable .. cried and cried all night long .. as if my heart was breaking .. i wish i could offer you some suggestions of what to do ... as i too just want to hide from the world and would quite happily spend all my time in my bedroom .. so can sympathise with you on the worries of how all of this is affecting your family .. hope you feel a bit more comforted that your not alone and that what you are going through is perfectly normal ..
  • Posted

Hi Mandy lm 52 just started menopause, l already suffer from.depression and take medication. But the last 6 weeks have been.almost unbearable probably hasn't helped a lot.of bereavements within.that time, my son has autism.and communication.difficulties took unwell at school on Friday querying heart murmur. Went out with my closest friends on Friday feel as if l was a moan a bore, and like you.pushing them away...shoould not have touched alcohol.feeling the way l am, have had bad palpitations, tearful, short tempered feeling very alone as if nobodies there for. me, although l know there is, l think. So l have got up this morning feeling this cant continue, still have palpitations, and feeling of gloom. Have went to keep fit, hated it although l know will make. me feel better. Its a start, l have been.here many times over 14 years, it can get better. What.lm trying to say is you are certainly not alone, it does help to talk .x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.