Missed 3 days of Effexor, had panic attack and feel depressed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I missed 3 days of my effexor 300mg and on the 4th I took my regular dose again. That day I was feeling horrible and sad. I cried for most of the evening, then had a panic attack 2 days later. I still feel sad and on the verge of a panic attack. Is this normal for missing my meds? Does it take a while for the Meds to work again? I am tempted to see my doctor as it's effecting me now. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Effexor is a drug that your body becomes dependent on, causing withdrawal when stopped abruptly.  You are one of millions who will experience these symptoms when the drug level drops in your body system.  
  • Posted

I missed ONE 150 mg (ER) dose 2 nights ago and am still feeling bad.  I have since decided to wean myself down to a lower dose.  I'm so tired of being dependent on this stuff!  

• Posted

Hello Jeffaslo, I have given you my experience of the drug in an ealier message. I can only say that I did once run out of my Tablets over one holiday and it was a nasty experience! Just try to keep a regular dose Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.