Missed me?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi all had a tkr 7-8 months ago after all the hard work I put in and listening to all your gems, my life was showing promise. 2weeks ago I fell over in my lounge. Now I’ve broken new knee to bits and severely fractured my femur had surgery 2days ago haven’t been off bed yet due to low blood pressure. Words of wisdom?

Sandra xx

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh dear, so sorry that happened, every TKR patient dreads something like that. I fell a few times before surgery (not all due to knee) and still aware I drag my feet a bit when I don't think I am. I live in a house and garden with a few hazards and must keep focussed. Your post has reminded me. 

?Really hoping for you to have the best possible outcome and recovery, though not to make of light of it as it must be a nightmare. The anaesthesia and meds can affect BP, I recall being too low after TKR for a while, but soon crept up again. Agree with the comment to sell the lounge, put it on e bay perhaps? Kind thoughts and prayers to you x

• Posted

question...I am assuming you are from the UK (American here) what is a lounge? 
  • Posted

I am sor sorry!  I am 7 months post op TKR and have fallen - well face planted several times while walking a park trail.  I feel lucky- never thought of the knee breaking. Miserable I am sure. Just said a prayer- finding a laugh when you can and blinding strong faith is my best suggestion.  I might cry but.... really doesn’t help.  I am again so disappointed you have to start over 🙏

• Posted

Oh no, so sorry to hear this!

It's something you could certainly do without, I am sure.

It must be so annoying.

As Chico said...get rid of the lounge!

Cannot offer wisdom, but you got through your initial experience and you will get through this one..

You cannot even kick yourself for falling...

Not sure if that is smiling material though.

Sending good wishes, actually seriously praying for you.

X

• Posted

Oh my!!! This hurt to even read. Cannot imagine what you’re going through. Slipped in the garden the other day and was terrified. Thankfully I landed On my good side with no damage. Sending you hugs and prayers. Please be patient and know there are a lot of us praying and pulling for you. One day at a time. Shoot! One hour at a time! Please keep us posted. 🙏🙏😘

• Posted

Thanks everyone just to let you know I’m still in hospital and a lounge is where you sit and watch tv and chat in England. Don’t know how long I’ll be here xxxx
  • Posted

Oh dear 

I feel so sorry for you. Will you have to have another knee??

I wish I could have this prosthetic replaced 

It’s given me nothing but trouble

• Posted

Hi Mary, new knee femur and tibia. Titanium plates and cement my bones are too fragile for pins. 2year recovery xx
    • Posted

Geez.......  Please...PLEASE...take this recovery very slowly...no expectations.  Do the work, take the time and I pray that you end up OK.  Most of all, be good to yourself and do all you can to maximize your strength and endurance through all of this.  We'll all be praying for you...

• Posted

I'm not praying! I'm visualising! A perfect recovery! xxxxx

• Posted

You are going to get through this...

Get all the support you possibly can.

You know we are here for you as much as is possible in forum land.

Keep a diary or journal maybe.

Praying, visualizing, hoping, expecting....faith however it comes..

Draw on all the resources you can.

Sending extra large good wishes...x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.