MND. Same diagnosis since my dad died in 1986!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,My name is Claire. My dad; Eric died within six months of being diagnosed with MND after suffering from Bell's Pallsey in 1986. I was nine at the time and It has had a massive impact on my life. I decided to study genetics because of this and then rapidly talked myself into a state of denial. My father was an avid gardener and used herbicides and pesticides that have been banned a LONG time ago. David Niven tended his Lemon trees and sprayed them also, also had bells Pallsey on line TV and then MND and therefore when my beautiful, sporty, intelligent Dad died from this disease that made him shuffle, choke and waste away I quickly arrived a the conclusion that it could not be genetic in my case. I am now 37, have back spasms, a weak left hand WHICH HAPPENS TO BE MY WRITING HAND.my right hand has decided to take over.random muscle twitches and I am scared as hell. It could be down to stress?I am an identical twin. My sister has had back issues but has not discussed anything further, do you think I am being stupid?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't know where you live but I urge you to go to a BioMedical Clinic. They can do so much to help you and diagnose correctly etc when in early stage. There is one in Aberdeenshire and one in London. There will be others but I do t know where. They have state of the art equipment which is amazing. Equipment that is commonplace in Germany, Austria and Switzerland but there are only 8 clinic in Uk...xx
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is drawing attention to this disease. Stephen Hawking has seemed to live for ever with this condition and so in my office they think it isn't that bad. How wrong they are. I live near Bristol and if these symptoms continue. I promise I will go to my GP to ask for a referral.
  • Posted

no darlin of course not ,you have fears of a horriable condition and the fears are as reall as the condition your woried about. my dad had a horriable death as well from bowl cancer and of course when ever i get bowl problems that take more than a few days to go away i start worring big time that iv got what my dad had.

its perfectly normal no one wants to die but especialy not in the way our fathers did,

stress and anexity can bring on allsorts of health problems, angina, athma, dizzy spells rashes etc .

try doing a relaxation cd daily , and try a product called a nano gold its a supplement, also magnesuim supplement is excellant for muscle spasms you can take it as a supplement or you can applly to the area and rub it in it will help the problem area and slowly build up the supply in your body .

if these things do not help after say 8 weeks . see your gp and have some tests  to put your mind at ease one way or another. if you want any more info on gold or magneisuim suplements please ask . its normal to be afraid but dont let fear ruin your life . blessings . tian

• Posted

Thank you for your comment Tina. It is scary and I think I haven't got close to people because of this whole thing. I am going to take your advice,i have also been told that not drinking enough water can cause muscle weakness...I'll try anything. :0)
  • Posted

yes claire as above ...i agree...all good advice!

don't allow yourself to believe things will go as for your dad....what we believe ....so it will be! so generate a new set of really positive believes and have a wonderful life!!

let us know about your new beginning the new friends you're making as you go out there with your new found confidence...and please keep in touch with us so we can follow your wonderful progress and turn around dear claire! xx

• Posted

Hi Marey,

Where did you lot come from?LOL You are so positive and it is very refreshing :0) I will indeed keep you up to date on where I am. :0) xx

the chemicals my dad used were comparative to those which caused gulf war syndrome due to the chemicals they were exposed to. I wish that companies had tested the properties of these chemicals properly before letting them near humans. :0/

• Posted

just to point a simple fact out on chemicals, we are surrounded by dangerous  chemicals every where, if we knew the stuff that we injested thru our foods and in the air.

in some  laborortry  theres a flu virus that has been devoloped that is vacine resistence ,if that ever gets out we are all in big trouble but if you think about it all . your worry your self to death

• Posted

i really agree with you about the chemicals...caused me to be ill. are you keeping right away from them?
  • Posted

so filter your drinking water ...and bathe in magnesium...epsom salts....to help keep up your mag levels  and ease muscles!
    • Posted

as far as i know epsom salts type of magneisuim isent easly absorbed into the blood stream it is a differant type to the one you get from the sea bed .it does help ease pain and stiifness thou if my memory serves me right theres several types of magneisum .
    • Posted

i just found a spray on magnesium oil which i'm very pleased with.

it may also help to apply iodine to your skin as well....and to look into taking iodine orally...but monoitored with urine tests til you find the level you personally need. that will help you push out chlorine, bromine and FLUORIDE other haloides which are present in our water as waste products posing as 'healthy'.

hope you can detox...i'm taking two cups a day of de-tox tea...its ok actually!

love marey x

how are you doing now tina and claire?

• Posted

Hi Marey,

i am am good thanks. Never knew our water was so bad...my sister distils all her water because she suffers from a thyroid issue. I am much more lazy...but I think I could look at iodine. :0)

• Posted

Hi Claire

I have been studying magnesium, it is amazing stuff many people in my family have tried and tested it for many things from sleep disorders, nerve pain and spasms and also pulled muscles! amazon magnesium oil by better you! i swear by it

• Posted

Hi Denners,

magnesium oil oil sounds like something I should definitely be trying! I will give this a go..thanks ! :0)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.