Mobility in post viral syndrome cfs / me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone else experience walking probs I am having heavy legs tingling in bottom of feet balance problems when walk 100 metres or more 

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, yes and yes! One of the many symptoms of this horrible illness. When it's like that I know it's time to rest well and look after myself.I try and potter about the house and do some stretching. It doesn't usually last for too long these days, maybe up to a week and then it's back to the old physio exercises for strengthening my leg muscles.

• Posted

Mine is happening everyday well this is fourth day driving me crazy 
    • Posted

Pilates clam shell leg exercises

Squats and partial squats

Feet pointing out partial squats

Stand at the bottom of the stairs and put one foot on the lowest step and start to step up repeat other foot

Yoga bridge

Standing up from a dining chair and sitting down again x 10 

Stretching glutes:

• Lie on your back with your knees bent, place one foot (affected side) over the opposite knee.

• Grab behind the leg that is on the ground with your hands and pull it toward you until you feel a gentle stretch.

• Maintain the position and relax.

• NOTE: Push on your knee to increase the stretch.

• ALTERNATIVE: Lie in front of a wall and use the wall to push your foot if you have trouble reaching the back of your leg.

Is that enough??

• Posted

Wow do you do that every day?

I feel like I might be able to try some of that soon.

• Posted

No!!! I wish I could every day, but by the time I've done my usual housework I feel I've done enough.

When I know that I'm in need of physio I concentrate on them and the house has to wait for somebody else!

• Posted

It makes me feel tired just reading your exercises!! Well done you for managing them. I have been trying to get back into my yoga but other things keep cropping up draining all my energy but am determined to give it another go at some point soon. I can do the yoga bridge pose and remember the getting up and down from a chair and glute stretch from the yoga class I used to go too. Haven't tried the others but might give them a go when I have more energy. A good leg stretch I do is stand and hold onto a window ledge and step one foot back and bend the other knee forward and you get a good stretch down the back of the leg you have back.

• Posted

Elaine I know what you mean about feeling tired just reading about Liz's exercises! eek

Like you I've been trying to get back into my yoga. It's only gentle yoga on the bed but it does feel good. The trouble is I'll do it for 2 or 3 days then I'll run out of motivation and it starts to feel like a chore.

I've been doing a little bit more around the house through, mainly kitchen & washing clothes, so that's a start! razz

• Posted

Afirmative! 

Just like you said and also I just walked around a bit to do the washing and when I got back to my bed I was out of breath and panting as though I'd run a marathon! 

It's not always that bad though and I'll message you something that helps.

• Posted

Agree with the marathon bit, think we go into, is it aerobic mode? Brain not working too well today, anyway the lactic acid build up really hurts!
    • Posted

I'll look up aerobic mode. Thinking about it because it takes us so much more energy to do a little bit physically it probably is a bit like aerobic exercise for us.

How do you know when it's lactic acid hurting and worsening brain fog?

• Posted

Well I do remember back in the day when I used to do tap dancing, swimming and aerobics every week and remember the "burn" as they used to say especially in the aerobic class, it's very like now on a very bad day climbing the stairs for example.

• Posted

Thankyou georgia I thought oh god not something else going on it's not allowing me to walk very far it's driving me crazy my toes are locking as well a cramping

• Posted

my toes fall asleep when I walk. pinched nerves?  Not sure the cause, let me know when you find out smile

• Posted

Sometimes my feet go between like a wobbly sensation like I'm swaying an trying to balance over waves underneath me lots of other times almost. Daily I'm sitting upright on sofa an my toes on left leg lock an cramp it's horrible sensation heavy arms when I try and lift them so many strange symptoms I've given up trying to explain to family friends although my family esp husband is fantastic, I just don't want to be known as the person who bores everyone going on about herself that's why I find it so good to talk on here as ppl going through more or less same things and can relate 

• Posted

Yes, there's no point trying to explain our symptoms to family and friends because they can't understand, it's impossible because they haven't experienced them.

It's brilliant that we can talk in here and other places. razz

• Posted

i have polymyositis and that is how it effects me too. i am looking into getting a house cleaner and someone to wash my hair; my arms are so tired.  I have no family, and most of my friends have died, I have to tell folks if I am going to get help.  I hate being so weak and helpless. 

I am mostly very isolated, i can't get out much do to the exhaustian.  At bed time I am so sore and tired that I pray that I be taken away.  I don't have a lot to live for. herumph  

• Posted

Awww that's awful made me feel so sad when I read that are you in the uk dee

• Posted

Hang in there, Dee.  I'm sending happy thoughts your way.  

• Posted

Thanks for your kind thoughts you guys, I will be as strong as I can. 

How rude of me, I am sorry I got the attention on me, momentary laps in judgement.  My humble appoligies😌

• Posted

I left today by myself to run erronds. I got out of the car and my legs felt like lead. I had to lean forward and walk like a cowboy in quicksand.

• Posted

No apology needed.  It's just plain so hard many times. Maybe I should say "much of the time". If we can't talk to each other about it, then who on earth can we talk to?

• Posted

Totally echo dawns words no apology needed this is what we are here for to give each other support as we all understand how awful it can be it helps to talk rather than bottling it up inside 
    • Posted

Hi Royalty,

Thanks for asking! Vert kind of you smile

I am doing pretty well the last 4 days. Energy is up, getting lots of things cooked and frozen  . . . getting ready for the next flare.  Still trying to catch up on house work. Pain is at a 2, pretty nice.  went to costco today and got half the freezer full.  please don't let the power go out! 

I am pretty moody! Menopause on top of illness, ffffFUN!  Had a little frustrated crying spell today, but pulled it together and moved on smile  

thanks again for asking.

How are you doing Royalty?

• Posted

Today and yesterday I managed to walk down to my town only stopping twice I usually stop four times so I was sooo pleased but then I thought I'd have a go at changing my bed sheets bad idea aching like crazy all under my arms feel like lead but at least I got out this morning taking one day at a time 

• Posted

Well it's brilliant that you only had to stop twice! razz

• Posted

Awesome when we can get things done, walking feels sooo good when it is possible, but don't overdo it!!  Think I will take a walk now too, it's not raining! thanks for the grand idea!

Can someone help you with the sheet changing?

• Posted

Yes the walking felt lovely it's amazing the things you notice since becoming ill when can get out to walk trees bushes all the things you never really looked at or taken notice of before the town is only a 15 min walk when I was well. It takes me 40 mins now but it's great as there are 3 benches along the way that I can sit on, but today I'm all done in so no walking for me. Yes I can get my husband to help me change sheets luckily it's only one bed as son has recently moved out 

• Posted

Yes it felt so good to get out. I was all wrapped up like a dogs dinner I'm always cold. A couple of people walked by me full speed in tshirts oh how I envied them . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.