Mobility in post viral syndrome cfs / me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone else experience walking probs I am having heavy legs tingling in bottom of feet balance problems when walk 100 metres or moreĀ 

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, and I just fell again.   My balance is terrible.  Funny, my regular GP doc just told me yesterday how much good it would do me to start some vigorous walking for 30 min per day.  I didn't have the energy to explain why that wouldn't work,

• Posted

I used to be a speed walker and weight lifter, now I can barely stroll down the street.  I walk my little 14 pound dog and she has made me lose my balance and almost fall. It is so hard. It is hard to explain to anyone what it is like unless they have experianced it.  

The pain and weakness is debilitating. 😭

• Posted

I'm sure we would all love to be able to do some vigorous walking for 30 mins a day sometimes I feel when they say this they just aren't grasping the concept of what we are telling them 

• Posted

It's one of my greatest dreams, to go out walking!

• Posted

Yes I would love to go off walking we take everything for granted don't we until something stops us in our tracks I have a few illnesses and try to remain positive throughout but I find it hard I've had to give up work I do get envious thinking back when I could do a lot more than I can now and I try not to worry as worrying makes things worse and just try and take my mind off the illnesses I have got. Don't know what I would do without my husband and iPad x

• Posted

Yes, Georgia and Royalty, it would be so neat to go walking 30 minutes each day!  It use to be that this would have been so easy!  So, I can understand why my doctor doesn't get it.  That's why I am thankful for all of you on here who do understand from experience.

• Posted

Yes. I started having walking problems after a relapse 3 years ago. I now have heavy legs and a feeling of partial paralysis when I walk. Sometimes, I almost have difficulty lifting my feet up to walk. I also have neuropathy symptoms, like tingling, not just in my feet, but sometimes throughout my body. I also sometimes have burning sensations and, occasionally, shooting pains. I had a nerve conduction test done that came back normal. From what I've read, I believe that the small nerve cells in my brain have been affected, causing all these symptoms. My doctor suggested a brain biopsy could reveal a problem. No thanks on that!

• Posted

16 years I was diagnosed with transverse myelitis imflamation of nervous system which affected me for a long time took away the strength on my left side I can no longer run rush jump dance etc I had burning sensations tingling pins needles in all parts of body electric shock like pains in lower back for several years because of what I am feeling now I'm scared I'm having another attack of tm. I was tested for ms but diagnosis was tm

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jackie.  Your description of symptoms reminds me that I need to be thankful to have not gotten all of those symptoms yet.  I hope that things can get better for you.  I take Gabapentin.  Are you on it?

• Posted

Tried Gabapentin years ago and experienced bad side effects. Can't remember what, just that it wasn't good for me. Neither was Neurontin. Glad Gabapentin is helping you.

• Posted

Have any of the above responders ever had their Vitamin B12 and Folate levels checked?

From what I read most of you suffer neurological symptoms similar to B12 Deficiency amd apparently there is a link between B12 and CFS/ME.

I have a 40 year old stepdaughter who#s had CFS/ME since she was in high school and unfortunately she's so needle shy she won't take the tests

• Posted

I also get heavy legs if I've walked too far. It feels like I have weights strapped round my legs and they get heavier with every step I take. You could try asking your husband to rub your legs. I find this helps a bit. Even if it doesn't you'll get a nice massage which would be relaxing to take your mind off it!!

• Posted

Yes that's true I put my feet in my foot spa an the heat from it travels up my legs and helps relax them 

• Posted

Hi, I'm not good today. Took dog to the beach yesterday, walked too far and twisted my knee on the way back to the car. Today it's gone swollen up and I can hardly walk. So annoying as I was so pleased with myself yesterday as I'd managed to walk further but now I'm back to square one again. So frustrating when you think you've made progress then end up set back again!!

• Posted

isn't that the pits and who has not done that, sooo frsutrating I know.  

hope you heal up qicker then you expect. heavy sigh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.