Mobility in post viral syndrome cfs / me

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone else experience walking probs I am having heavy legs tingling in bottom of feet balance problems when walk 100 metres or more 

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I struggle to walk 100 metres, for 10 months now,this is my 3rd relapse in the last 15 years. I always feel like I just ran a marathon, my lactic acid levels and cpk levels have been really high as if I had just ran a marathon as well,lactic acid builds up when your muscle don't get enough oxygen,that happens when you do anaerobic exercise

• Posted

I keep wondering, almost all of you here have so many of the symptoms that I have, but I have polymysitis.  have any of you been muscel tested?  they say it is rare, but I think it is underdiagnosed.  do any of you get rashes? If so, have you have them biopsied? it is truly amazing the similarities.

• Posted

Yes, I get rashes, hives, prickly heat spots and skin itching. I have to take antihistamines every day, which I really don't like to do!

I haven't had them biopsied; I'm not that my doctor would do that. He couldn't even send me for allergy testing; said they no longer do that.

• Posted

I hope you can get tested for both celiacs and polymyositis. if you push hard, they will test. Not until I was so angry with the doc did I get tested. I knew I was dying and he would not listen. I told him "You biopsy this rash or I will find a doctor who will; will you test it or not?"  I was ready to walk out  . . .I wish I could have bottled his expression.

I wish there were a way to make doctors respect people and beleive them when they complain, instead of looking at us like hypocondriacs. I have totally lost respct for western medical doctors.  They don't care. 

breathe . . . I will not rant. I will not rant. I will not rant.  breathe . . .

• Posted

Heck 6 of our comments deleted! What did we say that was so bad I wonder. eek

• Posted

I wish there was a meaningful and understandable answer to the "Why?"

• Posted

It might be because we're a bit disilusioned with what doctors can't do for us! 

• Posted

But it's not as if we are irresponsible teenagers, simply patients trying to explain our symptoms and get the treatment we need.

• Posted

And trying to pass on what we've learnt. But we're not allowed to air certain opinions and protocols.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.