Moisturising lotion irritated skin.

Posted , 5 users are following.

When seeing dermatologist last week I mentioned that the skin on my face and forehead was very dry, He recommended a moisturising lotion. I bought E forty five. My skin felt tingly during the night and again the next night and on the second morning it was quite red with some areas worse than others. It took two days for it go back to normal. It is supposed to suit all delicate skins including babies over three months.

I rubbed some into my wrists where the skin was also dry and they became rather red as well.

I have previously used their itch relief cream and had no problem with it. Has anyone else had a problem with the moisturising lotion ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i have never had an issue with e45 cream but i switched to a vasaline moisturiser for dry skin seemed to cleat it up alot better

• Posted

clear it up i meant

• Posted

The dermatologist mentioned several products but I bought e45 as I have used three of their other products without a problem.

• Posted

Which vaseline moisturiser as there seem to be three.

• Posted

Brilliant ! Surprised that you got away with the picture.

• Posted

it may get removed at a later date so jot it down or screenshot

• Posted

Thank you again I bought it today.

Sounds like you have an interesting job. My sister in law was a chlamydia nurse.

• Posted

haha it might sound weird but i actually love my job plus i get to help everyone out on here to 😉🙈

• Posted

You must meet a lot of very worried people.

• Posted

Not personally but it is entirely possible with that lotion.

• Posted

I had similar problems years ago Derek and eventually my doctors did patch testing on me. They found out what I was allergic to. I now go through ingredients lists religiously prior to using anything.

I was also given a 'very potent' steroid cream to use on flares.

I know it is obvious but you have to remember that manufacturers are selling you a product, so take everything they say with a pinch of salt!

I recall having problems with a particular product so I wrote to the manufacturer, who was extremely helpful, perhaps that is an idea.

• Posted

I had patch testing many years ago. I had a slight reaction to cinnamon and a massive one to formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is used in practically everything so much so that it is often not listed. There are lists of formaldehyde free products. The one that surprised me was Flu Vaccine where in some versions it was used to kill the live virus. At that time I used to itch for a month after my jab.

• Posted

I itched for weeks after having my pacemaker fitted. I had previously wondered but had not asked if I might have a reaction to the metal as some watches I've had caused a reaction on my wrist. When I did later ask I was told that they can be put in a pouch to prevent that in susceptible patients. I later found out the devices are often sterilised in a formaldehyde solution.

• Posted

I loved thee E45 website as it starts "If you have any burning issues or queries with regards to an order or service"

• Posted

Following my patch testing, I learned that I am allergic to formaldehyde and formaldehyde releasers [of which there are 6] . I am also allergic to nickel which could also apply to you because that turns up in all sorts of different places, like your watch. I had problems with cutlery.

A long time ago, I could go into shops and immediately know when they have used formaldehyde because I would react as soon as I walked in the door. It used to be used in air con. They use something different these days & because I have to take Prednisolone daily, that helps too.

I learned from one of my GPs, where they use formaldehyde, that I might not think of.

• Posted

We seem to have a lot in common of things we don't want. My patch testing was in 2013. I don't suppose that new allergies appear in time. I do sometimes get a reaction if I eat fish with certain wines and sneeze and have a runny nose for about five hours.

Just wait until we are embalmed the undertaker might get a shock 😃 Although I've donated my body to medical research if they take me as at present they are being offered too many presumably due to the high cost of funerals.

• Posted

I forgot, formaldehyde is banned in Sweden and Japan. I briefly had a German car and my skin went mad, prior to that I had always driven Volvos , I have been driving Toyotas in recent years.

I also said that it would really put the cat amongst the pigeons when I die! [As if I would care]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.