Moisturising lotion irritated skin.

Posted , 5 users are following.

When seeing dermatologist last week I mentioned that the skin on my face and forehead was very dry, He recommended a moisturising lotion. I bought E forty five. My skin felt tingly during the night and again the next night and on the second morning it was quite red with some areas worse than others. It took two days for it go back to normal. It is supposed to suit all delicate skins including babies over three months.

I rubbed some into my wrists where the skin was also dry and they became rather red as well.

I have previously used their itch relief cream and had no problem with it. Has anyone else had a problem with the moisturising lotion ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Each E45 preparation has slightly different ingredients so you must be reacting to something in this particular preparation.

Try Vaseline as Kim has said or Aveeno cream.

• Posted

I'll look for it next week. The e45 was actually difficult to find as neither Boots or Superdrug had it. Strangely Sainsbury's had a much wider range of e45 products. Have I mentioned enough companies to be banned ?

• Posted

www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard

I have filled in yellow cards in the past when I have had an adverse reaction to something that was prescribed.

• Posted

I contacted them about a generic version of Securon (slow release Verapmil) that did nothing for me and they sent a courior to collect 12 sample tablets. They replied within two days to say that they contained the drug within the specification.

If you follow the Fluoroquinolone forum they invited Miriam who contributes to it an spoke at the EMA hearings on the drug to a meeting in london to discuss her opinions of how the PIF should be worded. Sadly they did not listen as well as hoped but some changes were made.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.