Mole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 16. My mole on the lower back started to hurt if I touch it. There is also a red ring around it and it feels a bit hard to touch. It's dark-brown color and it is circle-shaped. I know some symtoms show to melanoma and I'm wondering if it could be something else or am I dead sad

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What you are disscribing could be skin cancer. Don't take any chances. Go see a doctor, he'll proberbly want to do a biopsy. Good luck.

• Posted

This should help you add images:

https://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/402861-how-do-i-add-an-image-to-my-post

If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

If you're only 16 though, then it's unlikely to be melanoma, but melanoma is usually curable anyway.

• Posted

Yeah, I turned 16 two days ago and now I'm wondering if I will even make it to 17. Here is a image, it's about 5mm big. 

• Posted

That pic isn't in focus, so it's hard to figure out what it might be, but it's something I think you should see a doctor about.  It's probably nothing serious though, and I'd be surprised if you don't make it to 77.

• Posted

Yes I will go to doctor, but is there even anything else than cancer that could make it sensitive to touch. 
    • Posted

All sorts of things - ingrown hair, sebaceous cyst, insect bite...  I don't think sensitivity has anything to do with likelihood of cancer btw.

If you could post a better pic, that might help us suggest what it could be.

• Posted

It could be many other things other than cancer. It could be stress, allergy, insect bite, scabies, infections or skin condition. Try not to worry and don't touch it. You'll probably live to be 100.  Go see a doctor. 

• Posted

My guess is that it's not Melanoma because the size is less than 6mm and the edges seen to be somewhat even. But, keep in mind that a doctor would need to diagnose you and if it is cancerous; you could be treated early. 

• Posted

I'm seeing doctor very soon, but I'm really scared. My mole is sensitive to touch and it appears kinda lumpy, which is common for melanoma as I read. It's even color and round shape but that doesn't matter because there are already things that can be linked with cancer. Doctor will know the best, but even there, my doctor won't be able to tell me what it is (based on my experience), she will probably ask me if it hurts and because I will say yes, she can think it's serious. I will be sent to dermatologist (and I will need to wait few days-weeks) and there he most likely won't know either, he will sent me to some tests which you need to wait a couple of months so my summer will be in fear. My life was never easy, now it's going worse and worse, sometimes I ask myself what do I even live for. 

• Posted

That last sentence is worrying.  I'd talk to the doctor about that as well, as it sounds like you may have anxiety or depression.

I really don't think the mole is anything to worry about, but if you could post a better pic, that would help us offer advice.

• Posted

Yes, I to am concerned about that last line you wrote. I have to agree with GeorgeCap. You should confine to your Doctor about the way you feel. You should definitely be concerned about anxiety and depression. You might be surprised how they can cause a whole range of ailments. 

• Posted

Why I feel that way. Nobody likes me, nobody, my parents argue all the time and then they like me even less. I don't have siblings, I don't have friends, I've been bullied in school. I'm ugly, my family is poor and we live in old house. Everytime I step into some modern house I see how beautiful life can be. You might think that it isn't that bad, but it is, I don't even have my own room, for 16 years. I have no activities except gym alone, if I didn't go there I would probably be dead already. I don't need professional help because I don't even have money and they can't make friends for me or bring joy in my life. 

• Posted

Oops, this is my second account, I guess I logged in with the wrong one 
    • Posted

Sounds like classic depression. You think no one likes you,  I see lots of positives in your life. First you are young and really can build the life you deserve. You go to school, gym, you have food to eat, you have a roof over your head and you're alive young and seems to be in relatively good health.what is your definition of ugly? Also, friends are highly overrated! You are your best friend! You think people don't care, but you need to reach out to someone; I suggest trying some teacher at school you trust are maybe a gym coach. You are already doing something great by reaching out on here. That was good of you to write down what's bothering you.

I wish the best for you !

• Posted

Ok I will use this account now. Thanks for reply. I don't really feel depresed, but because I'm not a social person this makes me sad/angry sometimes. I'm afraid what will others think if I do something and stuff. I like my own company, reading books, watching movies, playing games, sometimes it would be good if I went outside with my friends, even my parents would be happy that I hang out with others, but I just can't make friends, most of students in shool do drugs, smoke or cause trouble, I'm not that type. I don't trust gym coach I'm terrible at school sports. Ugly because I have pectus excavatum (hole in chest) that's why I also started going to gym and because I'm very tall and skinny. I don't go to beach, hell if someone saw me without shirt, they always stare at you. Overall I could say I lack of self confidence, because of my look and personality, at least on internet I don't appear ugly.

• Posted

There is nothing wrong with being an introvert. Everybody in the world is different. You seem to have a low opinion of yourself and your view of what is ulgy. You really need to start concentrating on all the positives you have. You write and express yourself excellently, you like reading and books, you seem to have very good values, you seem very kind and you take care of yourself.  You should become a little more self aware. I see so many good things you have going for you. The only thing I would suggest is for you to forse yourself a little bit to interact with others. Reach out a little more. Your view of what's ulgy, what others think, is troubling; "This stuff is all in your head "ONLY". You are very smart, in fact you answered your own problem in your last sentence.

I wan't you to have a happy life.  Share your intelligence, good character and insights to help others. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.