Molloscum Contagiosum Nightmare

Posted , 33 users are following.

Although I didn't know it until a couple months ago, I've been living with MC for almost 5 months now.

It first appeared on my bottom, I thought they were just zits. Me and my doctor think I picked it up from a toilet seat, as I'm only sexually active with my boyfriend, and he doesn't have it.

I frantically searched the web, I did the apple cider vinegar on my bottom and it burned so bad but I successfully killed off a good amount. But not only am I left with LARGE RED scars on my ass, but there are more popping up everyday.

Another popped up on my shoulder, and shortly after one on my stomach.

My ass looks like a battlefield, and now it is spreading as we speak on both my shoulder and stomach. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!!! Clove oil, tea tree oil, oregano oil, ACV, iodine, hydrogen peroxide.

Somebody please help, I'm at my wits end. I've even considered suicide I'm so upset. I feel disgusting, diseased, and I hate myself and my body. I feel as though I'll never be molloscum free. I'm crying as I write all this.

I can't be intimate with my boyfriend, I can't go swimming, I can't wear tank tops, I can't enjoy anything anymore. This virus has taken all my happiness.

Somebody, I beg of you, reccomend something to me and tell me what worked for you. I am extremely healthy, I eat well, I take a multivitamin as well as Vitamin C, D, and Omega 3 everyday. I don't understand why this isn't going away.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm just very upset and hopeless. Please tell me what worked for you

1 like, 122 replies

122 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. My daughter had it for a year. Couldn't get rid of it entirely with all sorts of products and doctor visits. She broke out suddenly over night 7 months ago with cause. She does have eczema which predisposed her anyway. This outbreak of sorts where bumps everywhere on her legs, arms, torso, etc. doctors said it was an allergic reaction and gave her a 5 day regiment of Prednisone. Bam! It worked! Gone gone gone they are (knock on wood). She hasn't had them in 7 months. So...since you have tried everything, why not go one step further? What do you have to lose? See if you can get it. The 5-day regiment was a few doses a day at a higher amount which tampered off each day with less until we finished the 5 days. They were gone. I nearly cried. So good luck.

• Posted

Sarah, I just found your post or I would've answered you sooner. Please do not panic or do anything drastic. This is a terrible, awful problem, but it WILL go away. I completely understand how horrified you are right now. I did not catch this myself, yet, but my little boy has it. It was all over his legs, belly, and groin. He's down to half a dozen now, but this has been the most awful year. I finally took him to a dermatologist (after listening to my doctor who said they'd go away, and then they only got worse.) who started beetle juice treatments. It's not for the faint of heart. It hurts and takes a while to heal. But we just couldn't do nothing any longer. I am so sorry this happened to you. You are not alone and this will get better. I do not have a magic bullet for you, but I will tell you that I tried everything on and off the Internet with no results. Here is what helped us. No baths. Clean towel every night or dry off with paper towels. Don't let your boyfriend handle the wet towels. Defense soap seemed to help contain it. They will spread like wildfire if you scratch them. Put little bandaids over the ones that look like they are going to pop. They are most contagious when the white part comes out. Please don't not feel alone with this. It sucks so bad and no one ever talks about having it because who wants to admit they have a contagious skin disease?!? But it's out there, and you are not alone. It's going to be ok.

• Posted

Hey please don't feel hopeless. Luckily the virus is not permanent like herpes so hopefully you get some relief there. Have you or your doctor spoke about having them frozen off or scraped off? That may help in terms of getting rid of them to prevent the infection. For the ones in less hairy areas I would cover them with a bandage to help prevent spreading.

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I know this is an old post and maybe you have found a solution to your problem og they have just disapeared on their own.

My daughter had more than 100 bumps ALL over her body and face. To date I have newer felt so bad as when she had these bumps. She had them around 6-9 months until we demanded a referal to a dermatologist. They are professionals and have several ways to remove the bumps. Our dermatologist chose to freze them very gently (this is important if you want to avoid scars and pain). After 4-5 visits they vere ALL gone. She had red scars for around 9-12 months after the treatment but today she has only one minor scar on the back of her leg (you will only notice it if you look directly at it). 

Dermatologists have lots of ways to get rid of them and when you tell them how bad you feel (an believe me - you are not the only one having a VERY bad time over this) they will take you very seriously.

If they are not already gone you WILL get rid of them. Of cource they will go away much faster if you go to the dermatologist rather than waiting them out :-)

Best wishes

Henrik

• Posted

Hi,Sarah...have you now cleared amd molluscum free? I know what u feel..having them since january but they spreaded all over my inner thighs on May. I got them frozed and now my appearence is ruined

..there are nasty scars left. I cant also wear anything or go to beach. I will never froze them again...And terrible part is that i see new microacopov spots pop up random places ..it has driven me crazy and i hate life

If i didnt have 2 children i wouldnt want to live this life anymore. They just dont go away. I got them from spa and now i m paranoid and panic.. It seems like its been ruing my life forever and i m afrais i cant never be intimate with anyone...it has already ruined my realtionship but worse -ruined my self-esteem and joy of life... I hate hate hate it!!!

• Posted

Sorry about my english, i m from other country. Just wanted to add that i use molutrex and it has helped me to get rid of some..

But not stopped new ones apprear.

• Posted

Hi,

No I am still fighting this awful virus. I feel no matter what I do it never gets better. Such a shot to my self esteem and well being. It's just eating my happiness sad

I feel like I've had this forever. My treatment right now is Epsom salt baths and mollenol but I'm not seeing improvement but it's only been a short while. I am taking a supreme immune booster and elderberry along with my daily vitamins and nothing seems to be working. Fortunately, my boyfriend seems to be resistant to it and hasn't been infected...yet sad 

Anyway, if I find something works I will let you know asap 

• Posted

I dont want to jinx it ... But... I think i won this b*****d disease. I took prednisolone tablets 3times a day for 5 days...and also continued to use molutrex as sion i noticed micsoscopic new red dot...havent seen new ones about a week now...i really hope for the best and that this nightmare has finally ended.
  • Posted

I have an almost exact same story. Even down to the boyfriend. He's been to the doctor and he says he doesn't have it but it's covering my body right now and I'm so scared I'm going to infect him. I want to die, I hate myself and MC

• Posted

I hear ya. I worry everyday about infecting my boyfriend and putting him through this hell.

Please stay strong, one day we will be cured I promise. 

If I find anything that works I will let you know asap 

• Posted

My daughter has had it for almost a year on her face and shoulders. I started spraying Colloidial Silver on her face in the morning and evening and putting Silverdene on over night. Her face is slowly clearing up and it doesn't hurt as much. You can get the liquid online I'm sure, my chiropractor gave it to me. The Silverdene is a prescription burn cream. It is working on the ones on his face, the bigger pearly ones on her arms arent really clearning but i am taking her to the dermatologist where they will start Bettlejuice on it.

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry this is happening to you as I can totally relate with what you're going through.  The difference is that I am male and have this nasty virus all over my genitals!  I have tried many things as well and nothing has worked so far.  If anything, it seems to be spreading.  I've had this for about 5 months as well, and it feels like there's no solution for it.

I'll be getting some Leukosilk tape and maybe Mollenol over the next few days and see how it goes.  I hope you manage to find a treatment that works for this horrible virus, and please do tell us about it once you do because I am confident you will get through this.  I will keep you posted as well, once I find something that works.  smile

• Posted

Hey Kobe08626!

I have the exact same thing happening to me! Same area! Just wondering if you're MC free now and if so how did you kill the nightmare.

• Edited

I had molluscum for about 8 months (and all summer long) I either wore long sleeves and pants in 90 degree weather or used a Sally Hansen body makeup that hid the redness of molluscum but not the bumps and I was so self conscious the whole time, I'm 24 so being a young girl with this that shows so visibly is absolutely horrible for your self esteem...you aren't alone. I tried apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil..they didnt do much and I did it religiously.

My molluscum is about 90 percent gone now though and it's because of salycilic acid that I started using about a week ago. go onto eBay and buy a salycilic acid solution that's 20% it should be like 8 or 9 dollars. Put it on every little bump, I had to pretty much rub it over my whole body because I had so many. But do that every morning and night and use a salycilic acne cleanser you find at the drug store in the shower (this helps the underlying ones pop up faster ) and I swear to you your molluscum will be gone

I literally thought I was gonna be the person who had molluscum for like 5 years because it is posssible for it to stay in your body that long but I was lucky enough to come by one post that said salycilic acid works and I literally never see it posted anywhere else but it needs to be known!

I don't know how to post pictures on this forum but if you want some just let me know like it's actually amazing how much it cleared up in like 4 days

• Posted

Did it clear up in only 4 days after you applied the salycilic acid?  What does it look like when it begins to heal, do you see any evidence of it or is your skin as good as new?
    • Posted

So I actually just got the 20% salycilic acid on Tuesday from eBay so it's really only been 2 days and it's almost gone and really just getting better every second. Before the salycilic acid came I was just using like a clean and clear acne cleanser on it which only has 2% salycilic acid for about two days. In those 2 days hundreds of bumps started popping up like it completely covered the infected area and then started to dry and itch but eventually they started to disappear. When the 20% salycilic acid finally arrived and I put it on the first time the redness along with like 50% of the bumps were just gone. I guess the acne cleanser brought all of the underlying molluscum to the surface, which is good because that's what causes it to stick around for forever, and then the 20% salycilic acid just dried them all off. you will have slight scarring  that I heard hangs around for a little bit but that's with any treatment, molluscum always leaves a little bit of hyperpigmentation for a few months maybe weeks but it will go away. I have a few marks on me but that's because I scratched it so much so whatever you do don't itch it! It will get super itchy like unbearable so since yours is on your genitals i recommend doing this when you don't have any important events or maybe a long weekend because sometimes it's so hard not to scratch it. Also, since it's on your genitals do a spot treatment! Arm skin and penis skin is completely different. Salycilic acid is an acid and it will burn and cause redness and maybe even scarring if you don't do it right or if your skin has a sensitivity to it

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, your posts have given me much hope!  I too feel like I'm gonna have Molluscum for 5 years lol

I'm gonna try the Salycilic acid on one of the spots tomorrow and see what happens!

• Posted

The 20% salicyclic acid you are buying from ebay. Is it the 1oz blue bottle? if not which one?
    • Posted

Hi akk,

would you please explain in detail how you used the 2% salicylic acid as cleanser and the 20% acid?  did you use any moisturizing lotion afterword?

Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Kobe did it go away with the salicylic acid?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi JFM,

I ended up never trying the salicylic acid because of the horror stories I read on the internet.  Apparently it's designed for warts and is not meant to be used on the genitals.  That being said, there's probably no harm in trying it in one spot, as long as it's not in a sensitive area.

I am now about 99% MC free (still one single bump that refuses to go away), and from what I've been through and the hundreds of hours of research I've done about the subject, I have come to the conclusion that no home remedy works.  But at the same time, all remedies also work.

How?  Basically if you leave it alone your body thinks it's harmless -- and it is -- so your immune system won't attack it.  But if you 'irritate' the MC with whatever home remedy, your immune system will recognize and eventually fight off the virus.  This is why we see so many stories of pretty much every home remedy working, but it's really just your own body fighting it!

I urge you NOT to use any extreme methods in trying to get rid of the MC because this increases the chance of scarring.  It WILL go away on it's own, but it will take quite some time.  I think the average time frame is between 6-12 months.

Try not to worry too much about it, I thought my world was about to end when I was going through it, but now I'm practically MC free.

Hope this helped you.

• Posted

Hi Kobe,

thanks for replying and your suggestion! yes you are right about the remedies. I guess what I'm looking for is one of those remedy that would magically irritate them all at once so I could kill them all and be done. Unfortunately it's not the case as we all know. I should not complain too much but this was the most challenging  time of my life and I'm almost sure of many that ran in the MC issue. Not even when I moved out of my house was that traumatizing.

I'm trying the salicylic acid 2% now just to see if it would bring up to the surface any MC sleeping under the skin if any. so far nothing has changed so or either it' s not working or it's too early or again I don't have any more. However, what I find hard is to really almost accept that I might be almost clear. By I mean that I'm always expecting to find one MC or to see one even when it's not really there. I don't know when i'll stop worry about it; even when I will be free from them.

If I can ask how did you get it? I personally think I got it while shaving and maybe the blade fell on the bathroom floor before I shaved.

• Posted

I'm think I got mine from a casual relationship early last year.  She didn't seem to have any, but it wasn't like I was doing an inspection or anything!  In fact, I didn't even know what MC was a year ago.  Keep in mind, many adults are immune to this virus, and some might already be carrying the virus but don't get the bumps.  So there's still a possibility you got it from one of the two women.

The virus really is a brutal thing to have, especially considering there isn't much help out there.  Doctors feel it's just a cosmetic problem and don't take it seriously, and all the help on the internet is purely anecdotal. 

Keep your hopes up and try not to feel too down about it...Don't do anything drastic -- I still can't believe you used bleach on yourself (!)  It will all eventually disappear.  At my peak I had no less than 30 bumps!  Now just a tiny one left.  Yours will go soon too.

• Posted

I didn't know someone could carry it and being immune at the same time. However, at that times I didn't check either and I had no clue about MC so you ate probably right....I got it from one of the two.

I read about some shots you could get to bust your immune system and for istance that was an article about a kid severily hit by MC which results were great but I'm not sure about adults. Someone here mentioned prednisone but I'm not sure I would try it.

My hopes are high but at time they drop drastically.

Lol yes bleach actually works. It burned a lot the first time cause I rubbed it in quite hard. The second time I was gentler and worked good as well with less burning. With a tip for ears soaked in bleach and placed on the MC rubbing it lightly works for as well. Desperation I would call it lol. I never had many, the most 10/12 but after rubbing the bleach twice as much scabbed. I'm more afraid of those I don't see than those visible. Now I have I can tell 3 very little ones I'm trying to kill with the acilyc acid.

It feels like a video game this situation but the difference is that's real lol

• Posted

Hi JDM, 

?I have MC for over three months. I tried cryotherapy twice but it didn't help.  each visit was 4 weeks apart. I also tried conzerol for over a month and that didn't help at all.  I'm trying the ACV but I have a hard time adhering the band aid or duct tape on my genital area. I'm desperately wanting to get rid of the MC.  I saw your post about bleaching the s**t out of this sucker.  it seems like it's working.  You mentioned that you had applied it twice.  did you apply bleach once a day?

• Posted

Hi,

I tried freezing them too but it was worst since I thought it made them spread and plus that really leaves you a scar. I don't care about the scars but some people do .I'm not suggesting you to use bleach especially in that specific area because it could really do some damage. I had one in that area and I bleached it plus I place ACV and it took 3 weeks to heal. The MC was gone but my skin scabbed a lot. Plus it's an area in which there is not much air going around so it made it harder to dry the wound like in my case.

try with the tea tree oil or clow oil or ACV first. use a cue tip, soak it and kind of twist it on top of the MC without popping it so you can actually irritate it. the same process if you want to use the bleach. it's going to burn a bit but it's up to you. I applied bleach twice a day individually rubbering/twisting the cue tip and leaving on top of the MC for 20/30 second to soak the MC good.

the acyclic acid I think it's a good option as well, I think the 20% would work great. I have only 3 and now drying after I used the acyclic acid only 2%.

• Posted

thank you so much for the information!  I'm applying ACV right now.  this is my third night doing it.  I agreed with you that freezing them didn't help at all and when I tried Conzerol, thought it would help but it didn't.  Lost my 3 weeks of time and effort.  How long does it take for MC to dry out when you use the Acyclic acid? Can you give the detail on how you applied the Acyclic acid?  Do you take any vitamins?  

• Posted

unfortunately you have to let MC tae it's time. t's gonna take awhile unless you are lucky. Used acrylic glows always and massage the acid it into the area effected. No I don't have an estimation about how long it takes to dry them out. the 20% would work better than 2%.

you have to rub the ACV on the MC first to irritate it thought.do not pop the MC.

• Posted

Hi Kobe,

Are you 100% MC free now? I’m doing ACV now but heard that could take up to a month.  I have this virus for over three months now.  I’m looking for something that works little bit faster.  You mentioned that you didn’t use salicylic acid 20% because it might be bad for gential area. So What remedy did you use or u just rode it out? 

• Posted

JFM, 

Thank you so much for being here and bringing hope into my miserable life right now!  I know that you’re using salicylic acid for the treatment.  Are you using the liquid or gel base? How long from the day that you first applied to the time that MC dried out?  And why only 2% but not 20%? I’m using Selsun Blue with Salicylic acid 3% to bring out the sleeping MC.  Do you think that would work?

• Posted

My friend in misadventure, i have been having this MC since october. unfortunately i did not know how to deal with MC and what it was so i guess i took the long route...it has taking me a bit long to get to this point. it takes from 6 to 12 months to get rid of it on averages, less if you are lucky and longer if you have a bad bad luck.

I don't know if i'll be done around the 6th moth or not but i kind of live it by day. some days are good some other i feel down but i pray a lot so that helps me smile

I use the 2% because the 20% is not available at the store. so i gave it a try with the 2% but eventually i will buy the 20%. I only have 4 MC very tiny dried out already so i'm not in a hurry but i want to be ready in case more show up. before to use the acid which i had no clue about i bleached the last 4 Mc a bit. this 4 MC are the only 4 i have on the scrotum area actually next to the penis and as head's up due to the thin skin and very sensitive bleach burns. it burns even with ACV.

I personally brought out the sleeping MC rubbing/scrubbing with a cotton ball quite hard on my pelvic area with bleach and ACV for 20 seconds or so. when i was done the whole area was red like a coal and burning. the day after it was still very irritated but i could see red dots, a bunch of them, maybe  20 that eventually scabbed. some scabs were small some others kind of wide about 3-5 mm it burns and i'm not suggesting you to do it. I don't want any responsibility. I'm just telling my story.

Every one is different as KOBE said to me there are many cure or remedies out there but you might need to find the one for you but trying and also to accept it might take longer that you would expect to heal. I know it's hard, i cried many times thinking i would never heal but we all will just not at our own time i guess.

• Posted

another thing, i would dispose of your underwear if you did not already. i had the feeling that although washing them good some of that MC would stick on them so i got rid of them. bought a bunch of cheap ones at walmart. wash the towels separately in hot soapy water. never dry the area with MC with the towels and again after a while you used the with the MC i would toss them...and buy some new cheap ones.
    • Posted

Hi anrique,

I would say I'm 99% MC free; just one tiny bugger that refuses to go away.  The only treatments I used were ACV and just putting tape over it, and ripping it off the next day.  I used ACV for about a month and absolutely hated it because of the smell.  It didn't seem to directly deal with the MC, but it did play a part in 'irritating' it, which helps kick start an immune-response.

Three months isn't a long time at all.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you'll probably need at least another 3 months before they start to drop off.  The most important thing for you to do right now is DONT PANIC.  Don't stress and don't try any extreme methods (such as bleach) as it might complicate matters.  Even if you manage to remove the actual bumps, the virus is still inside your body and more bumps will appear.  You need to give it more time.  Don't worry, I felt exactly like you just last year and wanted to try every remedy under the sun.  I'm glad I didn't and now I'm virtually MC free.  Your will be gone before you know it smile

• Posted

This is so relieving knowing that I can talk to somebody about this.  I’m doing the ACV and i got burn.  I think I only have two or three MCs which I can see and not sure about the sleepers that’s not showing up on the surface.  I was stupid by not making a cotton ball but a cotton flat squares thinking I could cover more areas.  I could have apply too much of ACV.  One spot got burn so bad and it hurts a lot every time I apply it.  I couldn’t recorgnize the MCs anymore but just a burn mess.  I guess they weren’t mature when I applied ACV.  How do I irritate them so that they can surface?  Also, I wash my pants and boxers separate with shirts and use bleach when I wash.  Should I still continue apply ACV to the burn area or wait for the skin to heal first?  I applied ACV three nights and they turned really white this morning.  Is that a good thing?  Should I continue with ACV to the non burning spot?
    • Posted

Hi Kobe,

Thanks for the up lifting words!  I’m trying to stay positive.  It’s good that I could talk to people up here.  Feel much better when I could talk to people about this.

• Posted

Oh! I forgot to ask you.  Do you tape them in the morning as well?
    • Posted

sorry to hear you got burnt! 

as now think about those MC you see. you might not even have any underneath! i used to use the square cotton pad as well but i would mostly use them as sort of a blanket soaked in ACV paced on my pelvis pushed down  while watching tv at night. i'm sure you have irritated the MC and area quite good so let it rest for a day or two and see what happens. I remember that when i soaked the MC in ACV for some time they would turn whitish because of the absorption of the ACV then they would scab. 

• Posted

Yes I tape them once at night then again in the morning.  But I don't think it really did anything.  These MC are VERY stubborn and 'sticky'.  

You probably know this already but don't shave!!  I started off with 3 bumps and didn't know what they were so I shaved over them.  It spread to about 30  lol

• Posted

Scab is a good thing, right?  Does that mean the virus for that bump is dead?  
    • Posted

I can't imagine having 30 of them.  Did you treat all of them at the same time with ACV?

• Posted

No I treated only the biggest bumps with ACV and left the smaller ones alone.  The bigger ones were the ones that died first!  And yes scabbing is a good sign, they usually become crusty and just fall off after that.
    • Posted

Do you still apply ACV on the scabbed and crusty bumps? I can see that is a going on process for you.  I wish there was a way to bring up all dormant ones and sped up their maturity process so that we can treat it.  I broke two of them when they were white, mushy, and puffy by poking and twisting a q tip with ACV.  Now I can see that all the little ones around the broken ones start appearing.  Sigh.... I hate hate hate them so bad.  I read somewhere on the internet that taking a bath with ACV mixed with water would help but i'm afraid it would spread more.  Not sure anymore.  Like JFM was mentioned.  I think I might find the way to beat them.  I killed one, many more popped up.

• Posted

Hi FJM, 

?I was wonder what happened to your MC at the burnt area?  Did the MC go away when the skin started healing?  I read somewhere  it mentioned that MC doesn't like irritated skin.  They like to infect the healthy skin.  I'm applying Neosporin to the burnt area and it's healing good. One of my MC, I think, it got really crusted and fell off.  However I could still see little white spot not bump.  Not sure if that is a sign of skin is healing or MC core still there.  How did you treat the opened MC?

• Posted

Hi, the deal with the MC is in my opinion that sometimes they come back exactly where they where before. When first not knowing what to do and listened to the doc I froze a few they came back in  the same spots. When I burnt them with bleach very few came back( actually im not even sure they came back, I was seeing some pink so I assumed they where MC) but way smaller. When using the tea tree oil the same. came back once than gone. It also true that they come in waves. My dermatologist also said that the MC infects you because it finds some damaged skin, with some crack due to dryness or friction of the underwear or pants...then you get it during an intercourse if your partner has it. the fact some people get it and other don't it's probably that. We are all healthy so I don't believe it has to do with the immune system. Dermatologist said that taking vitamins or Immune boost should not help but lots of people here and on other sites said otherwise..i would take something. I personally don't get sick very often and this year I did not even get a cold with this crazy flu going on but I got the MC in October lol

I for a couple of times tried to remove the core but they were so small I did not know if I did a good job. if you see the white apply ACV to be safe..i would do that. I recall now that when you remove the core it should bleed pretty good for a bit than I applied the ACV. I read so many posts about many technique...I think I tried a lot f them. lol

• Posted

Hi JFM,

Two of my MCs broke when they turned black.  There weren’t any blood at all.  I taped them in the day time.  At night, when I removed the tape, I saw two MCs have broken.  No blood.  However, it stings like hell when applied ACV over night.  They turned grey the next morning.  Not sure of that is good thing.  However, there were a lot of small MC popped out around one of the broken one.  I think the area was infected a while back and now they’re starting to come out.  F**k!!! Started out w 3 and now more to deal with.  I’m planning to do ACV bath.  I read that ppl do that on their kids and the MCs irritate and turn whitish faster.  I’m afraid bath would make them spread.  I’ll give it a try tonight.  Just soak my bottom in ACV and see what happens. 

• Posted

I also would suggest to talk to a dermatologist. last night i found a super small one while i thought i was MC free. 

there is stuff you can take orally which i just found right now but you need to talk to your doctor/dermatologist....

one id Valtrex need a prescription and Cimetidine (tagamet) no prescription need it used when kids

have MC

topical diclofenac and podophyllotoxin (condylox)

talk to your doctor about those. i have never tried any of them but on Wednesday i have i Dermatologist app and i ll find out.

• Posted

Hi JFM, 

?Thank you so much for your suggestions!  Let me know what your dermatologist say.  i'm going to see my dr. this coming week.  But I think I want him to prefer me dermatologist.  So i'm not sure if the small ones are MCs anymore.  they're looking like acne or rash.  i'm going to let the dermatologist to identify them.  How do you know if your super small one is MC?

• Posted

they have a very specific shape and if you use a magnifier lens you can see the blackish grey core in the middle,
    • Posted

Your dermatologist would be right about immune boosters not helping unless you are immuno-compromised (ie.someone with HIV/AIDS).  But for the normal healthy person, these things do not work at all and are honestly a scam to take your money.

That being said, you would want to try your best to eat healthy and get regular exercise.  Quit smoking and maybe even drinking too.  But none of this directly affects the MC.

Just be careful when removing the core, because if this isn't done with care it can lead to scarring which is permanent and remember the MC is not!

• Posted

I would advise you NOT to take a bath at all because as you already know, you run the risk of them spreading.

I stopped applying the ACV on the crusted bumps because from my experience once they become crusty is when it's the end of their life cycle and you can focus on the newer ones.

• Posted

Hi kobe,

you are right about the immune system booster although i tried a couple when i first got the MC with out benefit. well one benefit is that i did not even catch the cold or flu this year which is amazing. and yes to make sure i did not contracted the HIV i had the blood work done twice although i knew well one woman; but still i had been careful. the blood work is a piece of mind. 

i don't smoke i almost don't drink, i eat very healthy i have been always( not form the USA so used to ate differently) and i'm a sport guy that works out regularly and pretty fit. Still theMC got me!!!!

As you said correctly none of them effect the process of the MC, i believe it's mostly for your own sanity of mind and body which is in this battle with the MC a plus.

I have not been removing the core in probably two months, i gave it a try but since i was not sure what i was doing i quit! yes there is some minor scarring which i don't care about....freezing them left a bigger scarring in my opinion but it's water under the bridge.

i have some iniquidin aldara left, and after reading i want to experiment to see it i can kill ast one with that one that comes back in the same spot. they say with aldara once gone they are forever instead with other remedies they could come back. 

• Posted

Thanks.  I kept apply ACV to the crusted one and it became white again.  The funny thing is that when it broke, no blood or anything came out of it.  Weird...It’s like the white part is a top dead skin and easily break.  It stung like crazy when ACV was apply to broken bump.  I applied neosporin so that the wound could heal little bit faster.  Definitely scaring.  In your experience, how long did it take for the MC to appear after you shaved?  I’m not sure if it was you or JFM mentioned that the immune system doesn’t do anything to MCs because they’re not doing anything to trigger it.  So ACV stings the MC and that triggered the immune system to do the work.  I hope that theory is correct because I don’t want to deal with MC anymore.  I’m on my last one.  Hopefully this is it.  
    • Posted

I didn't really keep track but my guess would be between 1-2 months before the MC started to appear after shaving.  I can still vividly remember all those bumps I had, it was a horrible nightmare.  I feel bad for anyone going through this right now sad

• Posted

Hey Kobe, thanks for sharing your experience because I am also going through MC.  I’ve had it for about 3 months and I feel like the bumps are about 90% gone and the remaining ones are just drying up.  I’ve been feeling really insecure and scared for the well-being of my family members bc the virus is so contagious. But I just want to ask you since your 99% MC free if it’s safe to have sex without risking your partner contracting the virus. I’d really want to know because I don’t want anyone to have to go through this nightmare
    • Posted

Hi YoungFuego,

I would wait at least a month after all the bumps are 100% gone.  I just recently get rid of the big ones.  I still have small ones but not sure if they are MCs.  My GP said that those are just normal skin bumps and he didn't see any MCs.  I'm going to wait for another month before I'm actually trying to have sex again.  Kobe and JFM experienced when they thought it was all gone and then suddenly it came back.  Endless battle.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hey YoungFuego, 

​what percentage of podofilox acid did you use? is it cream or gel?  Did you experience any side effects?

• Posted

Hey guys, just a head s up. MC likes the crack in the skin so becareful with tape and band aid left on skin too long that would couse reddness when removed. MC literally jumps there. I was protecting an area with some bandaid from MC but due to applying it and removing it the skin got red and the MC took over. Other thing no hot shower. Dryes skin the skin too much.
    • Posted

JFM, 

?Just as thought I was clear from MC after I burnt them with ACV, and here I found another small one just popped up next to the old one.  I can see the indentation but no white core yet.  How do you treat it?  Do you treat it or wait until it's more mature?  Would ACV work this little one?  

• Posted

Hi, sorry about that. Unfortunately very few lucky ones are MC free after only one treatment. Of course I'm not part of those lol

Treat it as you would the big ones. ACV I guess.

Dermatologist said targamet (cimitedine) is safe to use and I can give it a try. Works on kids who knows. Also salicylic acid 20%is a good option for you Enrique. Apply just on bums or where you think they are. You can find it at the drug store 17%

• Posted

Thanks!  I can get salicylic acid 20% on Amazon.  Which one do you use?  There are so many different types.  Gel or liquid? And how do you apply it?  Last time I used ACV.  I burnt that area bad.  My skin is still healing from the last treatment.  
    • Posted

i would suggest to see a dermatologist first, you could make things worse. then stick with one method. acid....i would get the gel maybe and it's applied on bumps only. let your skin heal.

i have my hands full as well.

• Posted

Hey anrique43244,

I was perscribed 0.5% Podofilox by my physician when I was first diagnosed with MC. It’s a topical soulution that is used to thin out the skin to 1.) cut through the virus by peeling out the skin layer and 2.) to irritate the infected areas so the immune system can know where to fight MC. I’ve taken this solution on and off for about 2 months and it’s worked better than I expected clearing up maybe 85% of the lesions.  When your taking the Podofilox it won’t hurt at first, but as you take it more often you’re going to feel irritation and pain on the infected areas because your skin is being thinned. I’m considering cryotherapy to get rid of the remaining little ones. Hope this helps.

• Edited

If anyone is 100% free or close to there, let us know. So we can find out how to deal with the virus. I’m pretty sure everyone here is desperate for answers. And since the exact cure of MC isn’t really known we’re all just struggling to get rid of this persistent disease. Idk if anyone here is religious or anything, but as a Christian I thank God everyday for sparing from having an STD, and just dealing with the less severe MC. I know it’s a hard struggle and it’s so emotionally tiring, but God will get everyone through this.  I hope everyone has good luck while dealing with this virus. God Bless you all
    • Posted

I'm not free from MC. I have been using aldara that it seems to work fine but as your podofilox it would take a few application before to really start working...however it's killing them. I also use clove oil mixed with tea tree oil which works great too, but it requires at least two three application and time to actually with a cue tip to place it on the MC for a minute or so. However, I'm sure there is something out there used for this like for instance the stuff used for treating MC in HIV patients which actually works.

Yes I'm Christian and prayers are the only things that keep my hopes up and in a decent mode. I give it all my fear anxiety stress worries to Him so He can help me.

• Posted

I have a question for all of you: do you all of a sudden find a MC in other part of the body like an arm, belly or other without actually having infected yourself by touching the specific area? It happens to me. I'm starting thinking there might be different kind of MC virus that can actually move on its own.

• Posted

Thanks for the info! Do you mind if I ask how many MC do you have?  I believe I have 3.  After one week of using ACV, my skin got burnt along with MC bumps.  After I applied Neosporin to the burned area for another week, skin started healing good, then I found 1 new bump popped up right next to the burned area.  F**k!! JFM suggested that I should stick with one method.  So I'm going to keep applying ACV but less intense than the first time.  Praying that this is going to be my last bump.

• Posted

That sucks.  I'm always worried about that.  Also, I'm trying my best not to touch the bumps then touching anywhere else of the body without washing my hands.  

• Posted

I used to have roughly 12-15 MC all just clustered up in a few areas. Now I only have like 3 left while the ones are almost faded back to normal. I’m going to try Cryotherapy to see how it does.
    • Posted

Hope cryotherapy works for you.  It didn’t work for me and for some people unfortunately.  Good luck and keep us posted on the condition.  I’m down to the last one that I can see and praying that will be the last one.  I used ACV and taped for 14 hrs.  It is scabbed and dried up.  I’m waiting for it to fall off.  
    • Posted

Hi all,

so I went to my Doctor and after we had a talk he suggested me to avoid wheat, dairy and eggs to see and to let the MC run it course. I did not much care about it so I kept eating bread. However today all of a sudden I thought to look up food allergies and MC. Sure enough they are linked because if you are allergic to one of them your body is busy to fight the allergy first. that's why your immune system does not see the MC. LOOK IT UP. please.

• Posted

Hi JFM,

Are you allergic to bread or anything?  Have you tried drink ACV?  I read somewhere online that they recommended eating more fiber and need to cleanse our body, so that immune system can fight it.  I found two white bumps not sure if they are MCs or just regular skin bumps.  They look little bit bigger than non white bumps.  I’m so paranoid about seeing bumps on the skin.  I visited GP and he told me that just normal skin bumps.  They look little bit like MCs but very tiny.  Not sure if they are.  How can I tell if they are MCs since they are so tiny?  Should I wait to see it they are getting bigger and usually how long does it take, 1 month?

• Posted

hi,

nope i'm not allergic to anything. however sometimes, and tha's my understanding you dont need to be extremely allergic to bread or dairy to compromise your immune system. your body has some enzyme to help you absorb the food you are allergic in very low quantity. however because of that you might not know if you are really allergic to bread or other food but still your body is focusing on the food you are not suppose to eat disregarding the other minor virus. I'm gonna stop eating wheat and dairy and eggs product till the end of the month. Look up molluscus plus food allergies. you will be surprise but it makes sense to me now.

as far as your MC either wait or tap them with ACV. I like clove oil and tea tree oil.

• Posted

I think it's all connected to the body immune system to help fight the virus or infection.  I'm drinking ACV while taping them with it.  I taped the small ones with ACV for 14 hours and nothing changed this morning.  Maybe I have to wait for them to mature a little bit more.  Meanwhile, I just tape them with 3M tape.  I've been drinking little bit more than my usual not sure this might bring them out more so I can treat them.  it's been too long and every time I see bumps on my body.  I freak out and always think they are MCs.  this f****r is really haunting me. 

• Posted

i think there is a missing link here but who really knows how to fight the MC! I'm sorry about your situation, i'm honestly not in a good place mentally as well and because of that i think ,my immune system is not working as supposed. High level of stress (in my case) does not allow your immune system to work properly.

Be careful with the tape. when you remove it it leaves your skin red and irritated. The MC gets right into this area. I can prove it cause i got a few MC like that with just a regular bandaid. Try to stay calm, i know it's hard but eventually the MC is going to go away. In this unfortunate chapter of our lives, i can only pray and believe there is a reason for everything that we don't know.

Take care!

• Posted

A new small bump popped up, i'm not sure if it was there before and i'm not sure if it was MC.  I applied cotton soaked ACV but it didn't react to it all.  I'm going to try again one more night and see what happens.  Is small bump needed to be treated or should wait?  Have you ever experienced this?  I made appointment with a dermatologist but it's a month away.  I should know if it is MC by then.  

• Posted

I found two very small as well. Put some aldara cream on them. However I'm focusing as suggested by my dr. To not to eat wheat eggs and lactose. I have a celiac blood work today to see if I'm or not celiac. If not I might just be sensitive which is enough to mess up your immune system. Talk about this possible ility with your dr. I don't have any major sign to be but it's a subtle illness.

• Posted

Hi JFM, 

?Is Aldara cream stopping MCs from spreading?  I found more bumps today on the pubic area and two on my shaft.  I've not been taking care myself.  I've been drinking more than i should.  I just don't know how they spread so fast.  I never paper towel to dry the area and changing my boxers everyday.  i think you're right about MC could spreading through the redness and dry skin from taping.  I'm doing ACV now and hope this is it.  I'm not sure if they are pimple or MC but I taped them all.  

• Posted

Hi, I'm not sure aldara stop them from spreading but MC won't come back in the same spot. Well when you sleep or move your stuff moves so it probably touched the MC. That's how it got infected asuing it's a MC. It happened to me too. Yes it spread easily when the skin is damaged. The dermatologist said so. Hang in there. The S. Joseph cloak novena of 30 day can help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.