Molloscum Contagiosum Nightmare

Posted , 33 users are following.

Although I didn't know it until a couple months ago, I've been living with MC for almost 5 months now.

It first appeared on my bottom, I thought they were just zits. Me and my doctor think I picked it up from a toilet seat, as I'm only sexually active with my boyfriend, and he doesn't have it.

I frantically searched the web, I did the apple cider vinegar on my bottom and it burned so bad but I successfully killed off a good amount. But not only am I left with LARGE RED scars on my ass, but there are more popping up everyday.

Another popped up on my shoulder, and shortly after one on my stomach.

My ass looks like a battlefield, and now it is spreading as we speak on both my shoulder and stomach. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!!! Clove oil, tea tree oil, oregano oil, ACV, iodine, hydrogen peroxide.

Somebody please help, I'm at my wits end. I've even considered suicide I'm so upset. I feel disgusting, diseased, and I hate myself and my body. I feel as though I'll never be molloscum free. I'm crying as I write all this.

I can't be intimate with my boyfriend, I can't go swimming, I can't wear tank tops, I can't enjoy anything anymore. This virus has taken all my happiness.

Somebody, I beg of you, reccomend something to me and tell me what worked for you. I am extremely healthy, I eat well, I take a multivitamin as well as Vitamin C, D, and Omega 3 everyday. I don't understand why this isn't going away.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm just very upset and hopeless. Please tell me what worked for you

1 like, 122 replies

122 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Oh Sarah, don't despair! There is a solution and you will NOT have molluscum forever. I remember feeling just how you do. I posted on this site how I got rid of mine. You just need to remove each one individually:

1. use a Nokor needle (got it from my dermatologist)

2. get some alcohol and tissue

3. use the needle to remove the pearly core papule from each lesion (for the very small ones I just picked at them to try and remove the raised bit)

4. clean skin and needle with alochol

REPEAT

Remove all of them and monitor, you'll probably get more within the next couple of months, remove them if they come, then monitor, you might get a couple more... Eventually they will stop coming up. The little pricks with the needle don't scar.

Hard to believe your boyfriend doesn't have them! Make sure he doesn't or you'll be doing what I did with my girlfriend for a year, remove - reinfect, remove - reinfect, oh wait you do have it!? 

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

i really hope that by now you are clearing up of this nasty guest! 

I'm in the same situation btw!

I have been infected since october 2017 and i did not even know how! I'm exhausted from dealing with this crap, most of all because as you i'm afraid to infect someone else. I'm divorced, in my 40s with a daughter and i still can't believe i got this virus, i just can't capacitate myself i got molloscus at my age and i can't explain even how! The location obviously would tell sex but of the two relationships i had both women don't have any sign of it. So I like to think the Lord is punishing! I'm a very clean neat person! i have girlfriends i would like to get to know better and they would like to get me know better as well and so maybe start a relationship and become best friends, companion for life, but i have to ignore them and stay by myself because it would kill me to know i infected one of them. My life hettich or sense of responsibility does not allow me to do anything but i feel terribly lonely. I feel disgusted, dirty, inadequate, dangerous as almost a walking bomb. I tried like you anything. Tea tree oil, ACV sea salt bath, benzoyl peroxide, vitamins E,D, Zinc, immune system boosters, but nothing really helped.  One night i desperately grabbed the bleach and started rubbing it where all over my pubic area. it burned like hell for 5 minutes but the MC was effected big time. The day after i had 20 scabs of MC that were not visible before, and by that i mean they were sleeping under the skin. The bleach irritate them badly and pushed them to the surface to scab. That was the first time i felt i could win this battle. I had done that rubbing with the blech twice so far. I'm not suggesting to do it, it burns more you can imagine and i have quite a thick skin! I have never had many visible MC, at the most probably 10 but be aware like AKK mentioned that MC is under the first layer of the skin sleeping, you can't see them! 

However, i maybe won a battle but the MC is winning the war because even if i kill 3 with the bleach there are two more appearing in a different spot. And so i bleach them with a cute tip, kill them in two day and two days later another one appears. when i think it might be over here i have to start over again. I'm almost giving up. What keeps me going and being in a positive mood are my daughter and lots of prayers that comforts me! i guess it's my cross to bare for now. I will try the salicylic acid 20% and see. 

Hang in there Sarah!

• Posted

Have you tried popping them and taking out the white core? 

My son has battled with MC for over a year now. They are now starting to clear up finally. Time is the real effective way for them disappearing but I found that popping them and taking the "white core" out (it will bleed a bit afterwards but will stop after a minute or two. Then apply tea tree oil. But you have to make sure to get that core out or it will cause a infection. We have also tried diaper rash cream, which seems to work a little. You have to apply it twice daily. switch your towels and wash rags daily! do not re use them until washed. also wash your sheets regularly. no baths only showers!

• Posted

HI Kiyla,

yes I tried as I was explaining that to the poster above but it was complicated cause they were tiny. I also believe that what works for kids does not necessarily work for adults. I used the tea tree oil but I did not know how back then but I had some results on a few.

yes I never use the same towel twice as for everything else. I actually tossed them along with underwear. I believe the MC sticks on them after a while even if you wash it good.

thanks for your help!

• Posted

I've been debating whether to post this information or not because while it worked at getting rid of my  Molluscum contagiosum I wouldn't really recommend it and certainly don't use this method on your kids!

I had the virus for two years and got it from a girl who I didn't even have sex with.  I tried everything to get rid of this that was cheap.   Apple cider vinegar worked on some of them but the virus would always return.   So what would happen with me is that I would get the bumps and then I would pop them because well, I'm a picker and I couldn't live with that on me.   After I would pop the legions they would return within about six weeks to two months.   I only had two bumps initially and the first time I did this, when they returned I had about 20.   After two years of doing the Apple cider vinegar thing I started thinking, what would kill the virus on contact.   Then it hit me pure bleach kills just about everything.  

What you will need:

Gallon of bleach 

Cotton balls 

Surgical tape (or really any tape that  sticks to something damp)

Liquid Band-Aid 

Regular Band-Aid 

What I did:

Get naked and get in the shower (don't run the water).  Take A couple of cotton balls and douse them with bleach.  Rub the socked cotton balls all over the area that the molluscum bumps are generously.   (So basically soak the area with pure bleach... see I said this was a bad idea) dampen one side of another cotton ball ( so one side of the cotton ball is damp and the other is dry)  and get a piece of tape ready.   Then pop the legions, removing all the cottage cheese like stuff inside. ( whatever you used to pop the legions a toothpick your fingers etc. make sure it too has been soaked in bleach) it will bleed!    Immediately put the soaked cotton ball on the wound, don't let the blood run around your skin  as virus could be carried that way.   Take the half damp cotton ball and piece of tape and tape the damp side to where the wound is and leave it there for about 12 minutes.  (I say 12 minutes because that's how long it took to stop the bleeding for me and if I left it any longer the bleach would burn my skin, so your results may vary)  when the bleeding has stopped  soak two more cotton balls  in bleach and rub it all over the area again generously.   Let that dry then take the liquid Band-Aid and cover  what should be the scabbed over wounds that popping the legions have made. Let the liquid bandage dry and put a regular Band-Aid over the liquid bandage.   Also change your underwear or  any clothing over the infected area multiple times a day.   Every time legions appears do this, they will appear fewer and fewer.  I’ve read the incubation time for molluscum contagiosum can be up to a year but is generally 1.5 to 2 months so if you have cells that are infected they won’t appear immediately. But if you do what I suggested every time the legion appears I promise it will work.   Also keep any hair around the area short,(don’t shave the area as this could spread the virus) long hair has more surface area where the virus can sit waiting to infect another cell.  

• Posted

thanks for the info robbrown! your method is extreme.  would the Mollusca contagious during incubation period?  I have a very tiny dot (bumps) and it looks like MC from the magnified glass.  I'm not sure if it is because I could be overacted.  I applied cotton soaked apple cider vinegar tape for two days but it didn't effect or changed for bit.  Usually it would within two or three days.  Should I use bleach on that very tiny bump?

• Posted

First, I am NOT a doctor, I just had molluscum for over 2 years and I was done dealing with it.  Second it sounds like you'er over reacting, there is a lot of thing that little bumps could be.  Have you had them for longer then a week because they should have gotten bigger in that amount of time?  Is there someone that could have infected you?  The incubation period is when the virus sits in the cell inactive, so no it would not be contagious at that point.  What happens is through a mechanism that is unknown the virus starts "injecting" its DNA into the cells DNA and in doing so alters the cells DNA to start producing viruses.  The cell then bursts open and the viruses come out and infect other cells, so if you have bumps that are molluscum the virus is not "incubating" (dormate).  Not much research has been done on molluscum, it is in the pox virus family which is related to chicken pox, herpes and shingles.  They think it does not migrate under the skin and is spread through skin to skin contact.  As for your question about putting bleach on the bumps, I cant answer that, my advice would be to find out what the bumps are first and then decide.    

• Posted

There are a lot of small skin bumps around the genital area.  I have been dealing with MC for over three months now.  Mine was never that big.  There were all small about the regular pimple size.  Dr. told those were MCs when I first visited.  He froze them and I thought I was in a clear zone so I injected my girlfriend without know that I was not supposed to do it.  A month later, my bumps were still there.  I freaked out and started doing research and also bought conzerol cream to try.  I checked up on my gf and I saw three bumps on hers but her bumps were bigger and looked just like picture online.  I felt so bad.  I couldn't sleep so I started reading up more.  That was when I found out about ACV.  I treated hers and mine at the same time for about a week and another week for skin to heal.  Hers went away but I had a new bump popped up near the infected area.  I then applied more ACV.  it got scabbed and felt off.  But then I found another tiny bump popped up not too far away from the last one.  I then applied ACV again better save then sorry.  it took about 4 days for scabbing to appear.  I have to look it under magnifying glass to see the scab.  I should wait until for couple weeks before I freaked out but then I don't want it to inject the area near by.  Like you said I could be over reacting.  I have scheduled an appointment with dermatologist next month to check up.  I'm so tired of one bump after another.  I'm really looking forward to not dealing with this and regain my confidence and have sex again.

• Posted

I was diligent and anything that looked like MC I did what I wrote in my previous post.  The method I used seems to be extremely effective as the cottage cheese like stuff inside is teaming with virus.  My thoughts on MC are you have to get rid of the bumps because if you let the virus sit there just waiting for the opportunity to infect another cell chances are it will.  Putting ACV on top of them seemed dubious as who knows if it would get through the skin layer on top and kill the virus or the ACV was only strong enough to kill some of them before entering another cell.  Bleach seems to kill the virus on contact.  If your worried about scaring you could use a needle to poke a hole in the top of the MC bumps and hopefully whatever you use will saturate the cottage cheese and kill the virus.  But what ever you use cover the bumps/scab with Liquid Band-Aid then a regular Band-Aid to keep any virus you missed immobile.     
    • Posted

robbrown

i used the bleach a while ago twice if check my post and i agree with you it's the only thing that kills anything. I worked for a company that built from scratch dialysis machine and so we tested them too and as a tester we would rinse them with bleach twice every time we tested them because bleach kills anything. that's why i gave a bleach a try and it worked. i used it differently on myself, i just applied and rubbed quite good. next day or so they would scab. 

on the other hand i'm not using much anymore, i m using aldara which is good as well and once the MC is killed which takes about 3/4 of application of the cream it will never come back.

• Posted

Hi JFM, 

?How are you doing?  hope you're MC free.  It has been awhile since we last chat.  I've been dealing with a few for multiple rounds.  They kept popping up.  I killed a few and few more showed up.  A month ago, I found couple white pin size dots.  So I went to doc, doc said no worries those were nothing.  Then, it raised up with dimple in the middle and I knew that was MC.  Have you experienced any like that? 

• Posted

Hi there, no I'm not yet. The MC keeps coming back. I wonder if there's something wrong with my body since I can kill it for good. We'll when you have a spot in that area that's new I would guess that it could only be a MC in a early stage. At least on me. Have you talked to the girl you got the MC from? I talked to the one I thought and she doesn't have any unless she is laying. But how can you lay about it. This virus doesn't make sense, we can't fight something we don't know, we are missing a link here. I'm thinking that the MC is the result of something else that's going on with me/us. MC might just be a sentinel issue, a tip of another issue, but here doctors are too fool of them self to listen so they disregard the MC aND those ideas. I asked back home to my family to ask doctors. In the mean time when there's nothing else I can do I can only pray.

• Posted

Well, to be honest i'm sure how I got it.  I travel a lot and going to a lot of message and spa and used there towels with shower and everything.  Not sure how I got it but if I have to guess then it has to be it.  I gave it to my girl without knowing that I did because two months ago after visiting Dr. and he froze them and I thought I was good.  We went on vacation and she came back with it.  I didn't do any research because Dr. kept saying that it would take it course and your body would kill it.  Wrong!!!  I ordered Conzerol after vacation and it didn't work but spread to area near by.  After I found out my girl had MC, I felt so terrible.  I couldn't eat and sleep, so I researched it and found this forum among the others.  That was when I found out about ACV.  I treated hers and mine at the same time.  She only had three and it was gone in a week.  Well, I literally burnt those MCs with ACV.  I did told you about that.  On the fifth day of ACV treatment, she said it burnt so bad and she couldn't take it any more.  Then I applied Neosporin for like 4 days after.  I've constantly checked up on her and it's been more than 3 weeks, no sign of MC.  I do believe that she's cured.  Thank god!!  I think mine kept reoccurring because I masturbated.  LOL... Desperation!!!  I have one more very tiny bump.  Not sure if it is MC, but I treat it ACV anyway.  I have scars all over my genital and some on little Anrique.  If I can get rid of those nasty viruses, then I can live with those scars.  

• Posted

I see. i really hope your GF is free from them for good! I have a bunch of little scar too but they will eventually fade away and if that is the price i have to pay to be free i'm ok with it. hopefully you get rid of the last one soon with no one new ones popping up!

• Posted

Thanks!  I’m checking it weekly and it has been four weeks for her.  I haven’t seen any new one pops up.  I just have to keep checking.   I will give it a month to see if MC comes back.   Hope and pray a lot here for MC not to come back.  
    • Posted

Hi JFM, 

?I just want to say thank you so much for being there when i most needed someone to talk during my tough time dealing with this virus.  I've been MC free for more than two weeks and my gf has been MC for more than a month.  I've also been monitored the area every day.  However, I have different issue that I have to deal with but it's not as bad as MC.  I think I have Fordyce Spots.  Do you know anything about this?  I read up on this and it's nothing serious.  wheww.... I have dermatologist's appt. on Wednesday to check on these bumps.  

• Posted

Hey, i'm glad you got rid of it!!!!

I don't know anything about that issue but you dealt with the MC so you can definitely deal with anything now smile

Good luck for tomorrow!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.