Molloscum Contagiosum Nightmare

Posted , 33 users are following.

Although I didn't know it until a couple months ago, I've been living with MC for almost 5 months now.

It first appeared on my bottom, I thought they were just zits. Me and my doctor think I picked it up from a toilet seat, as I'm only sexually active with my boyfriend, and he doesn't have it.

I frantically searched the web, I did the apple cider vinegar on my bottom and it burned so bad but I successfully killed off a good amount. But not only am I left with LARGE RED scars on my ass, but there are more popping up everyday.

Another popped up on my shoulder, and shortly after one on my stomach.

My ass looks like a battlefield, and now it is spreading as we speak on both my shoulder and stomach. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!!! Clove oil, tea tree oil, oregano oil, ACV, iodine, hydrogen peroxide.

Somebody please help, I'm at my wits end. I've even considered suicide I'm so upset. I feel disgusting, diseased, and I hate myself and my body. I feel as though I'll never be molloscum free. I'm crying as I write all this.

I can't be intimate with my boyfriend, I can't go swimming, I can't wear tank tops, I can't enjoy anything anymore. This virus has taken all my happiness.

Somebody, I beg of you, reccomend something to me and tell me what worked for you. I am extremely healthy, I eat well, I take a multivitamin as well as Vitamin C, D, and Omega 3 everyday. I don't understand why this isn't going away.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm just very upset and hopeless. Please tell me what worked for you

1 like, 122 replies

122 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Did OP ever heal? We are on month 3 with new bumps daily. Nothing is helping my 8 year old. She is teased at school. Her face and self esteem are shot. I am obsessed with stopping the virus. I pour acetone on my hands. I am developing a heart problem from pushing my myself to sanitize every thing. I’m awake day and night. She is always thinking of ways to heal. We can’t visit her newborn cousin. We are shut ins. We need help. The doctors do not care. 
    • Posted

Hi kristi,

i feel your pain. When looking for remedies of all kinds i even read posts about kids getting molluscum and how they parents got rid f them. there was a particular case that really made me think and it was about a kid being sensitive to wheat and lactose that was preventing his immune system to work properly.  Look up mulloscum and food related/sensitive/allergies. the parents went to a naturopathic which suggested them to avoid wheat and lactose product. Also earth clinic site is good for options.

• Posted

Hi Kristi, 

​how many bumps does your daughter have?  ACV seemed working very well for me.  Have you tried using ACV?

• Posted

Hi Enrique,

hey are you MC free? i have not heard anything from you.

I hope so.

take care.

• Posted

I got MC on my genital area and don't know how it got there! 😭 This is week 2. I really hope I did not give it to my girlfriend. I feel so horrible! I want them gone. I been using benzoyl peroxide on them and covering them with a band-aid for 2 days now. The benzoyl peroxide did start to burn and discolor the skin on my penis so I stopped use on that spot for a day. Since then I haven't seen any new ones pop up. One looks like it's starting to go away. Hopefully this works.

I'm still very confused on how I could've got MC in that area? Some say only skin to skin contact others say it could've been something I have touched that had the virus. Anyone else?

• Posted

Hi Db, 

​I know how you feel.  I also had this nasty virus for 4-5 months.  This virus is spreading very easily.  You could get it from a towels or swimming or even sharing clothes.  It took me only 1 month and half to get rid of this nasty virus.  I taped cotton soaked apple cider vinegar on myself and my girlfriend.  she had only a few bumps and I had more than a few but not a lot.  it took me 4 rounds to get rid of MC and very caution about cleaning and not using same towel to dry the effected area.  

• Posted

I am facing the same problem , my 7yo has it .

I looked over the net for couple days - no 100% solution. 

I think I found one in old medical journal. After 3 applications it's efficiency 97.7% out of 380 patients it was tested on. Patients age was 6 months to 26 years old. I am going to try it as soon as I get components delivered. I would like to ask you, if you use it and it helps please post this info on other forums  to help others, make it known to others, no more paying for prtoduts that do not work or usless doctor visits. Be ethical, spread the information if it works for you. 

Here is the journal article: Pediatric Dermatology Vol. 16 No. 5 395–397, 1999  read it....

Details from it:

Three hundred eighty-nine patients with MC visited the

clinic between 1995 and 1997 and were treated with

silver nitrate paste. Patients ranged in age from 6 months

to 26 years. There were 213 males and 176 females.

The silver nitrate paste was prepared as follows: 0.2

ml of 40% silver nitrate aqueous solution was mixed

with 0.05 g of flour (2 scoops with an 8 mm × 6 mm

curette) (Fig. 1) and stirred with a wooden or bamboo

stick until the mixture turned semitransparent. This

amount is enough to treat 30 to 40 MCs. The paste was

applied to the MC with a blunt-ended or pointed tooth-

pick. The blunt end is made by cutting the tapered end of

the toothpick to correspond to the size of the MC (Fig. 1).

The lesions to be treated are first prepared with 2% li-

docaine jelly, which not only diminishes pruritus or pain

but prevents an erythematous flare after the application

of the paste (Fig. 2). With the blunt toothpick, a small

amount of the paste is dabbed on the center of each lesion and this gradually spreads to the entire lesion (Fig. 3A).

If the amount of paste applied is excessive, an erythem-

atous halo develops and may cause pain. In such cases,

the excess paste should be removed with wet gauze and

povidone jelly (betadine medicated gel 10%) should be

applied. Within 1 day, black crusts form over the treated

MCs (Fig. 3B). Ten to 14 days after the application, MCs

drop off the skin as black dry crusts, and within 1 month

the treated lesions heal without leaving scars (Fig. 3C).

Good luck

• Posted

This sounds interesting, but I wouldn't no where to get the supplies to try this.

I'm currently trying Hydrogen Peroxide 1% as prescribed by my derma, alongside fairly regular Cryotherapy sessions. Only been using the HP for a few days now but I will report back with my findings.   

• Posted

Picked up MC in Krav Maga class, had mostly on arms and hands.  A couple on the legs, a few lager ones near my belly button and one on the side of the scrotum.

Best treatment by far, and what I consider to be the only treatment that works is Compound W, Salicylic Acid 17% gel.

Put a dot of gel on each bump, let it dry to a white crusty haze.  That crusty haze will stick to the bump like glue.

Leave it on for several days or just let it fall off in the shower over time.

Eventually you will have less and less.

I don't even give them a second thought after six years.  I get one or two every summer and just hit with the gel.  Not sure I will ever be rid of them.

I have used once on scrotum, burned a bit more for a minute or two...but worked great as usual.

Sun exposure seems to bring mine out, anyone else have that experience?

• Posted

Hi Jon, did you say you have had this MC for 6 years now? How did the MC effected your life in general?

thank you!

• Posted

@JFM

Present time...Just have to watch my sun exposure.  But the Angry Dots™ are very intermittent...like 3 to 5 per year.  Like I stated, don't really pay them much mind other than hitting them with the gel.

First year, I was worried and confused just like anyone else would be.

• Posted

I see...I feel your pain. I have had the MC for about now 7 months and I got to the point I don't care much about them but definitely effect my sex life. Did the MC effected yours? if yes how did you get around that issue if there is actually a solution.

• Posted

Hi JFM, 

I'm MC free.  However I think because of how MC effected my life so badly, my body developed this thing calls Fordyce Spots.  They are sebum glands but they are not MC.  I read somewhere that most people have this because of imbalance of nutrition and stress.  My body started having these bumps after the MC devastation.  They are not CONTAGIOUS.  I really think you should look it up and check with your doc.  I really hope yours is FS not MC.

Good luck bro!

• Posted

Hello,

i'm glad to hear you are out of the woods!! I think I might be too smile

I see that Fordyce could easily mistaken for a MC. I took a look at some pics and I might had had some in the past. Or maybe the MC in reality was just that Fordyce...that would be funny!

Try to clean up your diet. although I was eating very healthy already I was able to make some changes, like adding fennel (the white bottom part) which is great for your body, taking once a day a good probiotic, reduce coffee and vitamin A, reduce red meet and eat gluten free and prayers smile

I hope it helps but the worst for you is over man!

• Posted

Yeah, you should definitely check it again.  At this moment, I only see two are in my genital area.  I popped one today and saw some clear liquid came out with very little blood.  I believe clear liquid is the oil and no white stuffs.  I'm also changing my diet.  reducing red meat and more green like you said.  I need to take Omega 3 to help reducing the sebum.  Hope this help!  

• Posted

Hi Enrique, sorry for not replying before but I got so busy! I hope you are doing good!

No I did not, however I believe they were MC. I read that those Fordyce are pretty common and are the result most of the time of too much fat in your veins/system which translate in cholesterol. I'm sure if you start eating better with less red(alternative is chicken and turkey salmon) and lots of veggies (lettuce carrots tomatoes fennel green beans it would get better. Also vitamin A would help in my opinion. I'm going home for a vacation soon and i'll be checked by my dermatologist.....there they use a special device to see if the MC is gone. Here in Us they don't give a crap smile

• Posted

Hi JFM, 

Are you still on vacation?  Any progress with the treatment at home?  Where is your home anyway?  You're right about eating right.  I start juicing and drinking a lot of greens since I don't eat them a lot.  Well hope everything goes well for you back home!

• Posted

Hi Enrique how are you? i just got back...actually this past friday. I'm from italy. I did not see any doctors at all there, i had the chance but i decided to just don't care about the MC while there and besides that i as now have been free for more than a month thank God! 

i hope you are making progress with your issue and yes eating healthy always helps...make some nice salads with tomatoes, romaine lettuce, fennel and sliced carrots man with olive oil and just a bit of salt....it's great for you!!! Also working out is a plus!

Talk to you soon!!!

• Posted

Hey, I'm so glad for you.  It feels so relieving now that it is over.  Mine was gone over for about three months ago but I was dealing with Fordyce Spots.  It's slowly going away, I hope.  It's not as any near bad like MC but I'm continuing to check for any new spots periodically.  MC was really hurting my emotional and psychologically.  I'm so glad that we finally beat this sucker.  Hope everyone uses this forum for fighting this sucker and don't give up on trying new methods.

I'm changing my diet but I have to hit the gym ASAP.

• Posted

You are right saying the this MC hurts you psycologically. Unfortunately the fear of it to come back is great and it will take a while to get to a normal life without checking yourself periodically. But I'm sure we will be fine as I hope for anybody that catches this unpleasant virus.

Later smile

• Posted

Oh I forgot to mention that I was in Italy last year and I really loved that country.  I want to go back and celebrate with my wife in Sicily.  I heard so many good thing about that place.  I've been to most of the northern Italy but not the southern part.  Hopefully I can go there soon.

• Posted

Hi Enrique,

yes Sicily is suppose to be very nice, sun and sea but a lost of history as well sine it the ancient period was influenced by many different cultures, greek, spanish, turkish i think and of couse romen.  I personally live on the northern part of italy, emilia romagna but one day i will love to visit it!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.