Molluscum Contagiosum, 21 year old female, otherwise healthy. Losing hope :(

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi guys,

I just joined this group as I'm running out of hope with this horrible infection! I have probably had MC for about 5 months now, on my inner thigh and genital region. For the first 3 months, I actually thought I had ingrown hairs, or a fungal infection from having to wear stockings every day so I was lathering steroid cream on the bumps- which made it 10000x worse. I finally went to the doctor in early April, and I couldn't believe I had MC- still have no idea how I got it.

We started burning the bumps, but alas they kept returning more and more. I have tried everything (ACV, TTO). I even got so desperate, I stupidly used 'wart-off' a highly acidic product. This actually burnt off most of my skin, including my very sensitive genital region. The pain was unbearable, I couldn't walk as huge burn blisters formed between my legs and my doc confirmed I had second degree burns. I did not think the MC could survive that trauma, but I was wrong and after my wounds heal guess what?.... MORE FRESH MC LESIONS!! 

The doctor looked at the MC again after the burns had healed and he insisted it was clearing up. But I used my phone light to inspect myself again as I got home, and I could clearly see new lesions forming. 

So this is where I'm at now. For the past week, I have been rigirous in my methods. I am using aldara 3 times a week, and on the other days using iodine solution( Aldara comes in teeny tiny packets and is super expensive, which is really annoying). I am then covering every inch of skin between my legs with tough, XL bandaids. It's not all that comfortable but that way I am stopping the infection from spreading ( I hope ). I do this every night after a shower. I then wear it for the whole next day then take the bandaids off in the shower at night and repeat the process. I have seen a big improvement with this method. My skin is quite red and irritated in general, but I know that the inflamation of molluscum is good as it means the immune system is fighting it. Other than scabby lesions, I have about 6 newer tiny ones that are only skin colour and I'm waiting for them to run its course. 

I am going to Europe in July, which is only 6 weeks away. We are meant to be sailing around Croatia in a yacht and I have no idea how I am going to stomach wearing bikini with the scars I have from this horrible disease. It is so hard to keep positive, I have had to push away a relationship with someone I really liked because I was so afraid of him finding out/getting intimate. 

I would love to hear other people's advice/stories. It's good to finally get this off my chest. I wish anyone else who is suffering with this a speedy recovery  sad 

Many thanks

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Take a hot bath with bleach.. soak your body and rub the bumps while submerged in the water. Do this once every two days.

• Posted

I tried a product on my daughter and it helped, tried the freezing way but only got through 1 as it was painful for her and it left a little mark. Looked at natural remedies and came across this one, although smells like BBQ and stains clothes it was worth it. Found it on Amazon don't really want to advertise on here but if it can help I will try, the name started with Con.... Best of luck with this monster virus!

• Posted

Hello,

I know this post is from a while ago but I am praying someone can help! I have been battling with 'mc' for around eight months now, consulting with various consultants and sexual health clinics, all who have all said the same 'Leave it, it will naturally go on its own.' I have tried Aldara, Cryotherapy, Tea Tree Oil, etc all of which has made no difference and the freezing has left me with unsightly scars on my inner thighs and stomach. I feel constantly like I am fighting a losing battle and I feel like it is beginning to take a real toll on my mental health. I am desperate for help! I am next to try Salicyclic acid... any other suggestions??? Thank you!!

• Posted

Did you ever get rid of it? take really strong Epsom salt baths for 20 minutes at a time for several days until it totally disappears. use a few pounds of Epsom salt and only fill the bathtub about a quarter full so the water is really strong. Walmart sells 10 lb bags for five bucks. Maybe you can get away with less but I just made the mix really strong, it would probably equal about 6 cups of Epsom salt per bath. It works!! Keep affected submerged for at least 20 minutes. Do this every night for several days...or until totally healed.

• Posted

I signed up just to tell you this. My kids got it and I and another kid had it and all three times we soaked in a really strong Epsom salt bath for several days til it disappeared totally. I only filled the bath about a quarter full and I used like three pounds of Epsom salt..each time. Really strong. Keep affected areas submerged for at least 20 minutes. It works! So sad when I see all these kids getting tortured by freezing and burning or having to deal with hundreds or thousands of these buggers.

• Posted

have you started to shave yet? im cured as well and im nervous to know how long i should wait before i shave again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.