mona lisa touch

Posted , 43 users are following.

hi all i had my first treatment of the mona lisa touch a week ago  i will need to have another one before doing the homework if you know what mean.cheesygrin but it was was itchy for most of this week not sure if it was the cause or that i had a cold sore on my lip come up at the same time cos i get itchy down there when they are about to appear.  and the area around my anus is sore. but i will not give up and see what happens the doctor who did it is positive so we will see . there was very little pain it felt like little needles of the ones i did feeland he did put numbing gel on outside, so not bad. i go for second treatment on 17/7 so we will see what happens.

1 like, 172 replies

172 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i forgot to say it was a bit like sunburn burny for a day or so too but cool packs and amolin helps
  • Posted

Is this available in the UK, if so anyone know how much it costs
    • Posted

I recall one person said it cost about $2500.00.  Not sure what that equates to in English currency.  It's been around for about six years...so would likely be available in the UK.  Worth looking into.  Anxious to hear how Christine gets on.
  • Posted

What exactly is this treatment  I've not hear if it before.
    • Posted

The Mona Lisa Touch, an Italian-built laser device,  was uses lasers to stimulate collagen. This is similar to the procedure plastic surgeons use to stimulate collagen in the face.“It’s a thin-dot laser applied to skin to stimulate the production of collagen. This has nothing to do with lifting. You’re actually creating a healthier skin, more viable but instead of on the face, it’s in the vagina and is relatively pain free. It consists of 3 three minute treatments 6 weeks apart and usually is repeated once a year thereafter. Before a woman is allowed to take part in the procedure she must undergo the customary pelvic exam, but if all checks out alright a doctor will insert the laser to the vaginal surface. The small size of the actual laser ensures that there is no risk of burns to the woman’s skin.Once activated, the laser removes the dried skin which stimulates the collagen revival. This reportedly improves the overall condition.It has been effective in making sexual relations normal again and has also been shown effective in treating LS.
  • Posted

Asking the same question. What is this treatment?  First time I have heard this term. 
  • Posted

I'm really excited to know how you get on! as this is a treatment I could see myself having in the future.
  • Posted

I am now reading lots of information about this Mona Lisa Touch procedure that has just been approved by the US FDA.  I know its primarily used for vaginal dryness, but I am seeing that some dermotologists report good results for LS too.  I know one person on the forum has had the procedure in S Africa.  I am curious if any others have and what the results have been.   It is not typically covered by insurance here, but may well be worth the cost if it works. 
  • Posted

Hi, Im from Western Australia and I too have just had my first session with MONA Lisa touch laser, 24/6/15.

it was a bit more painful than I expected given everything I have googled about it, but nothing I wouldn't put up with given the result so far. I didn't experience any discomfort or anything after, in fact I felt like nothing had been done and wondered if I had just been ripped off $800.

i wS told to wait 5 days before testing it out....you know what I mean😁.... And I did. But sex was actually more painful and I bled a little bit, but I think that is because we didn't use the standard bottle of sylk lube, as usually required. 

But I feel a real difference physically "down there" in everyday life. No more itching, burning, applying vaginal cream or replens. And still feeling good.

my next treatment is 22/7/15 and I'm so looking forward to seeing th results from that.

We'll test it out once more before next treatment and see if she's improved more. But I'm a bit anxious about at. 

i would be interested to know if there are any support groups for us ladies that have had the procedure and those thinking of having it done. 

Will keep you posted on how the next one goes and results. 

Cheers

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback. I have been talking to my GYN about it and she is encouaging me to try. Dealing with a bum knee right now but hoping to start in the fall. Please leep us iupdated. I so MUCH appreciate the feedback.
    • Posted

Fantastic!  I am going to have this treatment at some point.  Glad to hear all went well, let us know how things progress.
    • Posted

Hi Ladies,

I am from Victoria, Australia and have an appointment with Dr Marcus Carey in February to discuss the Mona Lisa Touch.  I Will let you know how it goes, I am praying that it helps my LS as I have even had surgery but it has not improved much.

Good luck to all

Kind Regards

• Posted

That is great!! I will definitely be interested in how you get along. Keep us posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.