Mono

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had been tired but i had figured it was from working a lot outside since i am an ironworker and do hard construction work and after work on the weekends i was constantly hunting golfing or some form of outside activity. well i went to arkansas duck hunting and was getting extremely tired where as usually i could sleep and be fine i would wake up up and feel nauseated and not really want to eat. on the 5th day of my trip i started waking up at night sweating through my clothes i had a sore throat for maybe a day and i figured i just caught a cold. after a month of going to the emergency room and the doctors with being super tired sick to my stomach i had no fever my tonsils are gone i had headaches constantly they told me i tested positive for mono. everyday i dont feel like eating i have lost 10 pounds which i only weighed 155 to start with so i didnt need to lose any but everyday i just feel terrible and seems like there is no end in sight. i try to eat and take vitamins but my stomach steadily messed up i cant stand to lose anymore weight i cant really sleep and when i do it doesnt seem like it gives me anymore energy.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

thats mono for ya! you must eat though ... can you get a smoothie down ? i find that i have to force food down with this but the smoothies i can drink or pour over some fruit .

• Posted

Yep, sounds like mono, but you are doing pretty well compared to some. i had insomnia for about a month, but it does go away. Even now I sometimes have a bad night of sleep.

I lost 12 pounds and gained it all back, so dont worry...it will return once your body gets back to normal.

This is a tough virus. Use this forum to ask questions when you have them. Let your body rest when needed and like Lori said...at least do a smoothie.

• Posted

I just would like to be able to see something looking up. i went to my dads today for his birthday. my girlfriend drove me i got there sat in a chair the whole time dodnt really talk to anyone much and started feeling bad. Came home and sat on the couch feeling hot but my temperature is only 97.5 and just generally feel bad.Basic pains like ive been having but seems amplified. i need to feel better soon as i only have enough in my savings for three months and i dont even want to think of what could happen if i get to that point feeling like this.

• Posted

so sorry you have that extra worry and i know whats like ...added stress we dont need.

i too try to go places abd be sociable but sometimes i feel weird and cant talk . nobody knows how long this takes as everybody is different but i do know it takes too long for my liking !

• Posted

Hi Josh,

This feeling goes on for a while, I found that fruit, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs anything light and easy to digest, smoothies are a great idea. I found that green tea is very helpful.

It is so hard to feel terrible everyday, I had it two years ago and remember that terrible feeling well. You will return to feeling normal again, it just takes a long time, this virus is very tough.

• Posted

I tried the scrambled eggs it worked well and somehow it made my stomach settle enough to eat two pieces of baked chicken and drink and ensure. i woke up with my stomach hurting though i also ate scrambled eggs some strawberries blueberries and pineapple for breakfast and drank another ensure but every time i do it it continues to make my stomach hurt. no headache when i woke up but as soon as i got out of bed it started hurting again. i felt pretty good last night but when i wake up it seems to go right back to feeling bad. Did any of yall have stomach issues like its always rumbling and making noises with mono and it will randomly just hurt. I started taking dramimine and hope thats going to help.

• Posted

No the doctors are a joke . They don't get the EBV virus . They will all just tell you 4 to 8 weeks and you should be better . Maybe thats how it goes for some people but not me . The only thing that has helped me is time and eating healthy , no junk food . It will get better for you in time . Everyone is different when it comes to this virus passing .

• Posted

im trying to eat healthier fruits vegetables nothing fried taking multi vitamin,b12, drinking ensures probiotics pedialyte a lot of water i may feel find at night but all day today i felt terrible i feel hot but my temperature is 97.6 i seem to actually be getting hungry today though i guess thats good.

• Posted

not certain that ensure is that good for you may have added chemicals or preservatives

• Posted

I have to do something i cant stand to lose anymore weight and it just doesnt seem like food is giving me enough nutrients and the fact i cant eat very much of it.

• Posted

i know exactly what you mean... i have NO appetite for food and have to force it down.

a smoothie poured over fruit ... i can eat though so i make a few jars in advance .

• Posted

Josh , About the only thing the doctor said to me was don't eat a lot of raw vegetables when your stomach is a mess . Eat cooked vegetables until your stomach settles down a bit . She said raw vegetables are harder to digest . It did seem to help me a bit .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.