Mono

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had been tired but i had figured it was from working a lot outside since i am an ironworker and do hard construction work and after work on the weekends i was constantly hunting golfing or some form of outside activity. well i went to arkansas duck hunting and was getting extremely tired where as usually i could sleep and be fine i would wake up up and feel nauseated and not really want to eat. on the 5th day of my trip i started waking up at night sweating through my clothes i had a sore throat for maybe a day and i figured i just caught a cold. after a month of going to the emergency room and the doctors with being super tired sick to my stomach i had no fever my tonsils are gone i had headaches constantly they told me i tested positive for mono. everyday i dont feel like eating i have lost 10 pounds which i only weighed 155 to start with so i didnt need to lose any but everyday i just feel terrible and seems like there is no end in sight. i try to eat and take vitamins but my stomach steadily messed up i cant stand to lose anymore weight i cant really sleep and when i do it doesnt seem like it gives me anymore energy.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Josh,

So sorry to hear that you're going through a terrible time with mono, I really do empathise having been through a really hard time with it myself a number of years ago. I just want to write to offer reassurance that it does get better and your body does get over this, and that the symptoms you describe definitely sound like classic mono to me. This phase you are going through the initial month or two in my experience were definitely the hardest and want to reassure you that even though it can take a little while to get fully over it and back to full strength again, you absolutely will get there.

Just so important you rest up and look after yourself at the moment. It's not the kind of virus like a cold or whatever you can try and 'forge on' and push through, it really needs rest and your body needs proper recovery time, so please put your health first and if you need to take a step back at the moment please do that Josh, and remember you WILL get through this and back to full health again with a little time. I know and remember so well that just getting through a single day when in the initial weeks of this virus was so draining and hard, so just remember to be kind to yourself and give your body some time away from stress and lots of activity as much as is possible at the moment.

Vitamins and herbs really helped me during recovery, taking a good strong multi-vitamin per day (I take Immunace Extra here in the UK), higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day), a B100 complex vitamin per day (great for nervous system and energy levels) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng, echinacea, oregano. These can all be really helpful. The baking soda remedy for a week or two also can be very helpful - 1/2 teaspoon full of baking soda dissolved in plain water taken on an empty stomach twice per day - but they say not to do that for longer periods because it is very alkaline, but it can be very good for nasty viruses.

Hang in there Josh and just want to encourage you that this thing does get better and you will get over it and back to full health - I know I only got there thanks to God's help and I truly believe you will get there too.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.