Mono? / anxiety HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

so im honestly just wondering if anyone can tell me what these spots are. i was misdiagnosed with strep throat. had pus on my tonsils , tonsils very enlarged and now after a week or so i have red spots on the roof of my mouth. ive had mono and strep many times as a kid and im honestly just lost . i cannot remember as it was years ago. please .. please help (sorry for the gross picture)

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

image here is another picture of the red spots

• Posted

Stephanie,

I know your anxiety, and it's the worst. But, the spots dont look alarming to me at all, but the size of your tonsils do. Have you seen a doctor for the swollen tonsils?

• Posted

Hi Stephanie,

So sorry to hear you've been struggling with the swollen tonsils and sore throat. Of course like Jen says hoping that you are able to see a good doctor who can take the time to examine and give good advice and reassurance. Hoping very much it is just a nasty bug / virus that will settle down within a short period. And worth for sure asking the doc if they maybe could do a blood test to see if the mono virus is active, hoping that's not the case but certainly it seems sensible and wise to check that out.

I know often these things can seem so severe and be so debilitating, again hoping the doctor can advise it may be the case some antibiotics are needed to help calm any possible bacterial infection down.

Thinking about you Stephanie and hoping you feel much better soon. The baking soda remedy can be very good for episodes like this - taking 1/2 tea spoon full of baking soda dissolved in 1/2 glass of plain water twice per day on an empty stomach for 1 or 2 weeks (no longer as may be side effects I think). This is good for killing bacteria and viruses they say, and another good herb is oregano which can be good for this kind of thing, as well as siberian ginseng and echinacea. Also taking a good strong multi-vitamin per day, higher doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and a B complex vitamin per day can all be helpful. But of course I'm no doctor just going on things that have helped me and my own research, always wise to speak to a doc about these things in case of any interactions.

Hope you feel much better soon Stephanie and do let us know how you are over the next few weeks - message any time.

Craig

• Posted

i had the exact same thing. ive been dealing with mono for a year now.

• Posted

did ur throat look like this? white spots/ yellow spots and/or red spots?

• Posted

hard to see but white dots all over. wasnt sore just felt grainy. i also had red spots like u but they went away. i think its deff mono related.

• Posted

My mouth went really bad at the beginning. White spots on my tonsils to begin with, then a really bad sore throat which lasted 10 days...but I was in agony. Once it eased up my tongue went white and started to peel. I've been unwell about 9 months now and every now and then I get white spots on my tongue, which clear on its own. I can't say what is going on in your mouth, but if you have been diagnosed with mono/glandular fever then yes This virus messes with your mouth big time. Oh and I've had countless ulcers on my gums...again which come and go.

• Posted

ive had mono for a year and yes i suffer from gum issues and mouth issues. i swear mono causes it. never had this before. my gums bleed and get cut and sore easily. white tongue. etc

• Posted

thats awful!! have u seen the spots i have on my tonsils before ? what does it look like?

• Posted

they look like tonsil stones. they are harmless and a collection of bacteria that forms in our tonsils. everyone i know gets them. does your throat hurt?

• Posted

Hi Stephanie / Nicole,

Hoping so much that your throat and mouth symptoms can settle down, these things can feel so intense and make you feel so unwell and thinking about you both.

Agreeing with Dodge that these things can certainly be part of mono and disappear when starting to get fully better from it, it's frustrating with mono that these things can seem to come and go over a period, but remember things do get better with mono and even if it takes time or extended time, there is hope and there is recovery from this thing. Oregano a good herb I found for the gums / mouth, also trying stronger / higher strength toothpaste (dentist told me about this), a non-alcoholic mouth wash can be good too and the baking soda remedy for a week or two which I think I mentioned on this thread before (if not let me know will post again).

And remember try not to worry (I know that's much easier said than done), if it's not the mono it may well just be another virus / bacteria that will be short-lived like a nasty flu or whatever, sometimes these things can be so intense I know it's awful. And of course do keep checking in with the doctor that's always wise with these things, don't hesitate to keep going back for advice / check-ups / support.

Thinking of you and hoping for a better weekend and coming period - believing you both will get there and get through this, truly believing that, better times ahead.

Craig

• Posted

Hoping you are doing okay today Dodge, still thinking about you. I know you've had such a tough few weeks by the sounds of it, and just hoping for a more settled period ahead. Remember take care of yourself and take things slowly - believing you will get there fully with this and be back in full health again - 2019 gonna be your year praying for that!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.