Mono? / anxiety HELP

Posted , 7 users are following.

so im honestly just wondering if anyone can tell me what these spots are. i was misdiagnosed with strep throat. had pus on my tonsils , tonsils very enlarged and now after a week or so i have red spots on the roof of my mouth. ive had mono and strep many times as a kid and im honestly just lost . i cannot remember as it was years ago. please .. please help (sorry for the gross picture)

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just re-checked my mouth. Mine doesn't look too different to be honest, I think shining a light in it makes it worse. I never really inspect my mouth that much so have forgotten what a healthy mouth should look like. I'm just going to ignore mine, unless it causes me any discomfort...then I'll check in with a doctor. Think I've read other posts on here how a weakened immune system causes thrush and the mouth issues generally disappear when you get better.

• Posted

Hi Kay, thank you for asking. I'm still struggling along, towards the end of last week I actually felt the best I've been, but on sunday not so great, which means the last few days have not been great....my day consists of waking up ok, then feeling unwell around mid day for a few hours and then settles in the evening. Hoping for another good period to come along. Got another blood test tomorrow, but that's for my high cholesterol, which I've been taking medication for to see if it can go down. Hope you are doing well? Im looking forward to 2019 now...hoping it will be somewhat a better year...I dread to think it could be any worse than the ones we've just had. But keeping the faith.

• Posted

It can only get better dodge. A year ago I was at my worst state so I am looking at the bright side and thinking I will continue to improve.

Today is a so so day for me. Like you I woke up feeling good and somewhere along the line between about 10am and noon I started feeling abit dodgy. Yesterday I felt fabulous. My trend the past week or so is one day good, the next day rubbish and then good again, rubbish again and so on. It can be abit frustrating but the way I see it, at least it is not always bad. I remember the days infact months continuously when it was all bad days and not a good one in sight.

I have a week off work next week so looking forward to resting my brain at least 😃

• Posted

P.S. And with my week off I don't have to hear the continuous chatter and banter at work. It does my head in sometimes.

• Posted

I'm actually off work this week...but I booked it off as I've just moved into a new flat.....probably bad timing buying a flat..the stress probably hasn't helped, but hoping once settled I can relax more. I was actually off work from a week Wednesday ago, so maybe that's why the end of last week felt ok. I'm back at work next week, but I've booked every Wednesday off and the Christmas week....At work I've started to listen to amazon music and select a 60's playlist. I'm not into 60s music, but find it relaxing and yeah I don't have to listen to people chat 😃. Hope you enjoy your time off. I've been watching some Jeremy Kyle and it made me realise my life could be alot worse 😃

• Posted

Good luck with your blood test tomorrow Dodge, I hope so much this one can offer reassurance and good results as I know you've had to deal with ups and downs with this lately, so definitely thinking about you and hoping it can offer real hope and peace of mind.

Keep hanging in there Dodge the way you're feeling with the dip during the day won't always be that way, it must be so frustrating and remember you are getting through this and better days are ahead - absolutely hoping and praying for 2019 to be a year of recovery and breakthrough for you.

Craig

• Posted

Oh dear Dodge my greatest sympathies are for you having to put up with the people on Jeremy Kyle!! You're right though seeing how mad some of the situations and circumstances of the people on there can be a real eye opener!!

• Posted

Congrats dodge on your new flat. You are officially a grown up 😃. I told one of my work colleagues the same last week when he completed on his first flat. That's how I felt 3 years ago when I completed on mine anyway. Very well done 😃

I am so looking forward to the week off and netflix will be my best friend. I am hoping the weather will also be favourable so I can go out for some nice walks. I will also be off on 27 Dec so will be relaxing in a spa hotel from 24 - 27 Dec.

Good on you for booking every wednesday off. Sometimes we need that little pick me up in the middle of the week.

I haven't watched jeremy kyle in ages. Maybe I will watch some next week 😃

• Posted

Ha thanks...I thought it was time to grow up, at the age of 37. I haven't been able to drink for the last 9 months, so will spend my saved money On house items. I've def got some good value out of my netflix and prime. I'll watch anything now to keep me occupied.

• Posted

Sounds good Dodge.....I'm 37 too don't feel like I've quite grown up myself yet in so many ways either. Hoping for a good weekend for you and that blood test results can yield good results, let us know how you get on with this Dodge. Take it easy today bro.

Craig

• Posted

You are a young one 😃

i am 39. Bring on the 40's!

• Posted

Us three are of similar age Kay and Dodge! Sometimes I feel I act and think too much like an old man, forgetting we still are young(ish) with hope for the future thanks to God.

• Posted

Funny you should say that Craig. I feel like I have aged abt 10 years in the past year.

• Posted

Yeah my grumpy old man syndrome probably started when I turned 30 and has progressively got worse, but with this virus I feel about 80 years old. Last night just as I was going to sleep my arms really started to ache. I couldn't get to sleep, so about 1.30am I got up and took some painkillers. They managed to do the job...but this morning I felt quite delicate. Aches in my legs and mild ache in my arm. I've seen this on another thread but I also had aches on my butt....god knows what I was upto when I finally did go to sleep.

• Posted

oh poor you dodge. Hope the aches and pains subside.

I also had one day last week where I woke up feeling achy especially my left shoulder. Luckily it only lasted abt 24 hours.

Hope you are sleeping well.

• Posted

Hoping your shoulder is feeling better Kay, all these different aches and pains must be so frustrating. Your body takes a beating with this virus Kay, I remember that for sure, even as a relatively fit young man I was really reduced to feeling battered with it - but your body does slowly get its strength and resilience back, it won't always feel in that kind of state Kay, it really won't and although it took me a while to find my way and feel normal again, did get there with time thanks to God - and truly believing you will do. Thinking of you today!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

Oh hoping so much that today can be a better day and that the pain in your arms and legs subside, it's so awful when it keeps you off your sleep, and if you need to take painkillers do take them. Pain is just the worst thing Dodge and it's so frightening and depressing - remember this won't last forever and it just seems (from my own experience certainly) your body goes through a cycle of different aches and pains during this thing, but it does burn itself out and your body does get on top of it eventually Dodge - this won't last forever hang in there and thinking of you still.

Hoping for a settled day today and still trusting and believing that God has amazingly good plans ahead for you Dodge - fear not.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you very much. Yes, the shoulder ache seems to have disappeared, thank God.

Today I am feeling good actually. I slept for about 9 hours each night from Friday till now so it does make a difference. I think the thought of not having to go to work has definitely taken some weight off my shoulder. Maybe it's time to retire!

• Posted

Hope things are ok for your first day back at work today. I know I tend to have abit of anxiety when it comes to going back to work after some days off.

At least you have Wednesday to look forward to 😃

• Posted

Thanks, it went better than expected. I still have some down moments, but my head feels alot clearer...but won't get ahead of myself now. I phoned the doctors today to chase my blood results and the receptionist said they are ok....but I still need to talk to the doctor to see if I can lower my dosage. This for my cholesterol levels.....don't think it's made much difference to my glandular fever, the hospital said they couldn't promise. Checking my diary it looks like I have a busy day at work tomorrow, so will see how that goes. Hope you're enjoying your time off.

• Posted

Oh that's good Kay that your shoulder ache has subsided, hoping that can stay away along with all other things like that.

It definitely makes a big difference when can get good sleep Kay, glad you are getting that at the moment and hoping that kind of better sleep pattern can continue when back at work too.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Dodge,

That is good news to hear that your blood test results were okay, hoping that is a great relief to you as I know you've had such a tough few weeks with blood tests and the likes. I know myself it can be quite a scary call to make just phoning up to get blood or other test results, very pleased to hear that they are okay.

Hoping that things at work are going okay Dodge, remember you're doing really well to be doing that and although it's not always easy with the pressure of work these days, just work at the pace that's right for you right now - your health is priority absolutely Dodge and if it means it takes longer things to be done or certain things have to wait at work, then so be it! I know that is much easier said than done though.

Thinking about you still and hoping for a good day today - still believing good and healthy times are ahead for you Dodge, truly I believe that.

Craig

• Posted

Oh yes Craig. If nothing else, my mind is having a good rest this week. Today I will go out to check out the shops a it is a lovely day,

• Posted

Give your mind rest is essential Kay, I know for sure you don't need me to tell you how draining and exhausting mentally this virus is as much as it is physically. Praying for a peaceful and healthy mind for us all, filled with thoughts that God wants us to have.

Hope you managed to make it to the shops yesterday, must have been busy with Christmas coming up!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig.

Yes I did make it to the shops and it was chaotic out there. Maybe that's why I feel drained today.

Also had some cake yday which presume could have caused a mini crash. I seem to be so sensitive to so many things these days.

• Posted

Shopping makes me tired at the best of times Kay let alone when not feeling on top form!! Think it's maybe because I'm a man don't have the stamina for it haha! It is chaotic in the weeks leading up to Christmas and good if you can avoid all the busy places too much!

Oh it's so frustrating when a simple thing like having a bit of a cake maybe seems to cause a reaction - you deserve a treat every now and then, I guess just about all things in moderation and trying to be wise and sensible with diet. easier said than done I know though.

• Posted

That's how I know something is wrong with me Craig - I use to be able to walk the high street for hours haha. On tuesday I got fed up after abt an hour and head home.

Today is Xmas party day. Let's see how I feel later today.

• Posted

Haha that takes energy though Kay for sure!! Yes take it easy and hoping very much you have a good day and enjoy your Christmas party!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.