Mono need help

Posted , 34 users are following.

Hi so In June I woke up one morning feeling very weak. I thought I needed to eat something but when I ate breakfast I still felt weird. I ended up having my first panic attack. My entire summer was filled with ER visits for weakness, low energy, fatigue, dizziness, off balance feeling, and generally feeling unwell. It turns out I have mono (diagnosed a week ago). I don't know what to do. Just looking for others' stories and well and recovery process. It's my 3rd month and I just feel so helpless. ?? Thanks guys ! Blessing to all 

2 likes, 733 replies

733 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Also has anyone here experienced the harsh games this virus can play ? For example , yesterday was a good day. It was the first day I felt a little normal. I was able to make gluten free snacks with my family and I had energy to stand in the kitchen for a while. I really thought I was making a huge improvement. But today when I woke up, I didn't have the same stamina. It's not like I over worked myself (I don't think I did) being that I still took it easy yesterday. It honestly feels like the virus gave me a little bit of my old self back and then just took it all back today. It sucks to feel like you're making improvement and then that improvement just disappears and you feel like you're back at square one. Let me know if you guys have experienced anything like that too 🤔

• Posted

Hi Christy.

omg, yes, ALL the time, I would describe it as a roller coaster, I have up days and then down days.....you need to go easy on good days so the down days aren't as bad. It's completely soul destroying....I thought I was better in April, then wham, back down.

11 months in and still having those 'dips' but not as bad as the early days.

caroline x

• Posted

Hi Caroline , 

Yess this sucks omgg. It's so crazy. I heard about people having good and bad days but I never payed attention to it because I never experienced it. With that being said once I felt better yesterday I really thought I was done with this virus 😂. It may sound silly but I think I just experienced my first roller coaster experience with this horrible virus. How long into your recovery process did it take for you to stop having so many bad days ? I know you still have them every now and then but when did life become more stable ? 

• Posted

Hi Christy,

​Yes, to the above, all the time, At about 6.5 months I started having good days and went back to my normal routine and then in July I had a relapse and am now starting to feel a little better, but had a down day yesterday and part of today. I remember the first time I felt normal for awhile, it was so strange. This virus is miserable, enjoy the good days and rest on the bad days, it is all you can do.

​Just got back from the doctor and she said it is just a very long recovery process and nothing to do but vitamins, coQ10, vitamin C and B vitamins(her recommendation, but always check with your doctor.)

• Posted

Hi, me and mono seem to be trending along quite similar. It's only really properly in the last  2 months that I have been feeling much better. 

In the early days when I felt bad, it would take me back,to bed for days..now it's much less.

i never thought I would be ill for,this long, it just keeps on going.

i still have really hot legs, I would say that's a symptom I have a lot.

x

• Posted

Hey guys. I hope everyone on this thread is well. I find it so hard not to become depressed with this virus. I know that's just what doctors want, to label it as depression and I try hard not to give them that satisfaction. I know I'm sick but I also know my sadness is a result of the virus and not the other way around ! What do you guys do to stay positive? smile 

• Posted

Hi Christy,

i have never and do not suffer from depression but this virus definately brings you down with a low depressive mood from time to time. As I'm getting better the low moods are disappearing. I have cried so much too, just for no reason. 

Theres nothing ive done to stay positive, I've just gone through it and waited for it to pass. I have people with me all the time to talk to and support me. I think the worst bit is when you feel better and you know a low will be coming.

im glad to say that these last two months things have got so much better.  Just think, this won't last forever, just deal with now.thats all,I could do.

caroline xx

• Posted

Hi Caroline, 

Yes I'm the same way as you. I never had depression but since I've been unwell it's hard for me to be happy. And yess ! Whenever I have a good day I feel like a bad one is near that that makes me sad too. But I try to surround myself with positive vibes and people I love 

• Posted

That's good, remember, it gets better and it's the virus......it may take a while, but it does get better and less xx

• Posted

Thinking of you guys....I really understand because you don't see much if any progress in how you're feeling it brings on those awful horrible feelings of helplessness and hopelessness which can spiral and bring your mood way down. It's the worst feeling in the world and just want to remind you to hang in there because there IS hope and this WILL go away, even at the darkest moments just remember how you are feeling is temporary and you are doing all you can and it's just a time factor to ride through those difficult moments until things look a bit brighter again.

Really hoping (and still believing) that will happen soon for you Christy, Mono, Caroline.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Christy,

​That depressed mood is very hard to deal with, it comes and goes as most symptoms of this virus. It will get less and less with time.

• Posted

Craig you're the best !! Victory is just around the corner for all of us 

• Posted

Hey guysss. I hope everyone is doing well. Just a check in to see how everyone on this thread is doing smile let me know what's going on with the status of your recovery. *Blessings to us* !! 

• Posted

Also guys I have a question. Does anybody here have doubts ? Like I'm so sick sometimes I tell myself there's no way all of this can be comming from mono , there must be more wrong. Idk if you guys have those feelings but I do 

• Posted

Hi christy,

doing loads better recently, glands feel a bit up this morning with sore throat and feeling lethargic but on the whole so much better.

when it's hard to see improvement I did wonder when will I ever get better, will this ever go? So I'm sure it's natural to feel this way. 

But 11 months on and I have definately improved.

x

• Posted

Hi Christy,

It's natural to have doubts that all the symptoms can be coming from mono....I had so many doubts and concerns during the course of the virus it was unbelievable. It's hard to comprehend that a virus like this can do so many diverse and strange things to the body - but it truly can and I know i don't need to tell you or anyone else here that!!

And just for the record....I have NO DOUBTS that you will make a full recover - even if you doubt yourself don't worry because you are going to get through this and others believe in recovery for you at this time because God knows it's hard and understands what you're going through.

Craig

• Posted

Christy, yes doubts that one virus could be the case of so many symptoms! I would look up what could be this a symptom of what could that be a symptom of? My stress level elevated higher and higher! That is why I recommend not looking at the internet to give answers to what can be the cause of our symptoms. Once I stopped doing that I felt my stress level decrease. The internet plants seeds of all the possible problems the symptoms could be coming from. The seeds sprout and grow causing us to be consumed with thoughts that we may have something we do not have at all. Once we know others have the same or similar symptoms it helps us realize this virus is capable of producing many issues that will fade away as the body gets the virus under controlsmile

You will get well!

Again Jesus has been my refuge and strength! He has brought me to this forum where I have found encouragement and good will from so many!

Thanks Craig for your years of faithfully encouraging those of us who need it so much as we are going through these very difficult times!

Hope you are seeing improvement with your back pain!

May we all gain some good things from

our long painful boxing match with virus! Patience, long suffering, kindness, compassion and a heart constantly filled with gratitude for each ability and improvement as we go forward toward our complete recovery!

Thoughts and Prayers !

Rhonda

• Posted

Hi Christy,

​I have felt that way many times, starting to improve so I am feeling less that way.

• Posted

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope your lethargic feeling lifts soon so you can get back in the swing of things. smile

Since you're 11 months in , is it safe to say that you'd be able to do some things of your "normal " life. I know everything isn't perfect now but are you able to care for yourself ? And shop by yourself ? Just asking because those things are a little challenging for me right now 

• Posted

Hi Christy, oh gosh, yessss!!!! I go shopping and have very normal days now, apart from not walking the dog much or exerting myself too much and I always seem to be in bed by at 7 or 8pm, but it's such an improvement. And I do feel normal most of the time! 

Its hard to see the light when your in the darkness, but I promise you, it will happen even if it's so slow you can't really see from day to day, it will get better.xx

• Posted

Yay !! I'm soo happy for you. And I'm happy about the hope you just gave me !! Seriously I love to hear when people are doing well. We're a community and it really makes me happy for my recovery as well. smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.