Monolauren

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone tried this and has it had any type of effect on mono.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi i tried it but i was shaking alot and thought it was due to the monolaurin now i think it was just the virus .

• Posted

The shaking is definitely the virus. 😦

• Posted

I've used it for about the last 8 months it was a little rough to start with but got better after a few days. I noticed after about month on it my symptoms lessened. I went off of it for about a month and the symptoms crept back up so I started taking it again. I would recommend trying it just know the first few days might be a little rough but that's not a bad thing just means it's working .

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I hope that you are okay, I'm guessing you've been through a tough time if you've been on monolauren for 8 months and just wanted to write to say thinking about you and really hoping that this can be a year of breakthrough and recovery for you - I'm believing that this is going to be a much better year for you Kelly, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig its been a pretty rough year but seems to be getting better. My recent EBV test show the virus is now dormant but I'm still having some of the strange symptoms. My family doctor recently retired and my new doctor is awesome he listens and does research. I finally feel like I have someone to work with on this thing. I never would have thought a silly virus could mess your entire system up like this it really has a way of messing with your head.

• Posted

9 months here. Still on the rollercoaster. Hoping to switch doctors. Mine didn't even know EBV was a herpes virus. Here to hoping we all get over this horrible virus. I am so grateful for the good days! I have been sick twice in a month and woke up "vibrating" really bad yesterday......was hoping today would be better but nope. It is one of the worst of the symptoms for me.

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

It really is an awful awful virus and I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better, getting through that initial year was one of the hardest times of my life Kelly and want to encourage you that in my experience Year 2 was one of breakthrough, recovery and healing, and SO much easier than Year 1. Don't get me wrong it did still take a bit of time to get my full strength and resilience back but it did come with time, and I believe that you will get there too so hang in there.

That is great that you have a really good doctor, they can be so hard to find. So many doctors are so dismissive and just try to write people off as having CFS or something if they haven't recovered within 6 months - which is TOTALLY wrong in my opinion, the post viral effects of this can take a significant length of time to get fully over but the vast vast majority of people do get over them with time and get back to full health, even if it's a year or longer.

Hoping for a good and stable period ahead for you Kelly and thanks for the words of advice / encouragement for everyone here.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Wendi,

Really hoping that you can be feeling much better soon, it is so frustrating the zig-zag-up-down nature of the virus, when you can have good days but then all of a sudden feel like it's gone right backwards again. Please be assured this can be very normal during recovery Wendi and it's all the jostling process of your body getting on top of this virus - but eventually it will win the battle and keep the thing in check and your body resilience, strength and wellness will return again.

I was still struggling a lot after 9 months Wendi, I remember I had quite a nasty relapse with joint and muscle aches and pains and fatigue at 9 months and I was so discouraged and weary and just didn't know what to do other than pray for God's help. Was so grateful that shortly after that at 10 months something seemed to change and really felt like a breakthrough started to happen, and over time after that gradually was able to recover and get back to full health again - only thanks to God I know that for sure.

Hoping so much for a settled and better period ahead for you - and just want to remind you that there is hope and this thing does get better - and that my experience was that Year 2 was like a stroll in the park compared to the nightmare of Year 1 - hang in there Wendi better times are ahead for you, I truly believe that.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Wendi seems pretty never ending at times. I've had that whole body vibrating feeling at times too it is a scary feeling to say the least. Seems like as one strange symptom goes away another one shows up. The anxiety is the worst I finally gave in to my doctor and went on low dose sertraline a week ago seems to be helping the anxiety. Luckily I haven't experienced the brain fog mines been more of a racing mind that no matter how hard I try couldn't make it stop and the anxiety really does seem to exasperate the symptoms. I'm glad I found this site it is comforting to be able to discuss this with people who are supportive and understand. Hope we all get back to normal soon.

• Posted

let us know how you do on the sertraline my doctor prescribed it for me . im scared of the side effects though .

• Posted

I'm on my eighth day of it and haven't had any side effects yet. Felt mildly stoned the first couple of days but not bad enough to effect me. It has completely wiped out the anxiety. I'm hoping it will keep me calm and speed up the recovery time. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

• Posted

how many pellets are you taking ? i started on 7 and i think it was a bit too much

• Posted

I take it in a capsule. It is made by a company called Natural Cure Labs I buy it on amazon. They are 600mg and I take it three times a day. I took one a day for a week and built up to three a day over three weeks. The first few days were a little rough but after that it was fine.

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Just want to say that you haven't 'given in' by going onto an anti-depressant. I have been on anti-depressants most of my adult life and they can just really help when your mood and emotions are so low and with anxiety, and help you cope a bit better. So please don't feel bad about, you are doing something to help yourself, and remember it can take a few weeks to get into your system and work properly, but they can help. And it can make you feel quite strange and funny at first, so don't panic if that's the case, it's just your body adapting to the new medication.

And still believing that this is going to be a year of hope and breakthrough for you Kelly, even if it doesn't seem that way now, better times and recovery is ahead and on its way - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

I've been on sertraline now for a month. I've had no side effects my anxiety is gone and my symptoms are still there but with way less intensity. I was prescribed 100mg but I only take a half of a tablet at a time I've always had a low tolerance for meds. The anxiety was driving me nuts literally it finally got to the point I had to do something now I'm wishing I would have done it sooner.

• Posted

funny you should post now as was just talking to my mom she wants me to start taking the sertraline. i am scared of the side effects but how can i feel much worse ?

can you describe in a bit more detail how its helped you ? no side effects whatsoever ?

i try to do my errands but i feel faint dizzy then i panic . no life .

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

Glad to hear that the sertraline is helping. I have been on anti-depressant tablets most of my adult life, but generally been healthy and well most of that time and they can really help just stabilise and lift your mood. There is nothing worse that terrible anxiety and low mood, so just hoping it's helping you to cope a bit better through this tough time.

Anyone that copes and gets through a full year of mono symptoms is a fighter and has shown courage and strength to hang on through some deep and dark times. My experience was that the second year was like a walk in the park compared to the horrors of the first one Kelly - so hang in there and hoping for much better and healthier times ahead - I'm believing that the worst times of this virus are behind you thanks to God. Take care of yourself and remember it takes time for your body and confidence and resilience to rebuild after the severe knock mono gives you - but absolutely all this will come back to you as your body recovers.

Craig

• Posted

Lori, the only thing close to a side effect was feeling kind of high/stoned for the first few days but that went away. As far as how it's helped I now sleep through the night, I don't wake up in the middle of a panic attack anymore, I don't worry as much anymore, and the muscle twitches are a lot less than they were before. I think a lot of my symptoms were exacerbated by the anxiety, though I still have a lot of them they are no where near as intense as they were before I started the sertraline. Hopefully this helps you I have had a positive results so far. Hopefully we all get back to our normal lives soon.

• Posted

What kind of muscle twitches were you having. I seem to have slight tremors now that i never really noticed before. They are only when i move or hold something.

• Posted

Thank you Craig it has been a very difficult year luckily I've had the support of my family through it all. I haven't prayed my whole life as much as I have this year I can't help but think there has to be a blessing in this somewhere. You and others on here have really helped me through some tough times I just wish I would have found this site sooner.

• Posted

Mine have been all over my body they are weird because it's not the whole muscle it is part of a muscle when it happens. I can't describe it feels like something tapping me in the middle of a muscle. The only place it seems to happen with any frequency is in the area of my left shoulder blade.

• Posted

Oh thanks for your kind words Kelly, that means a lot and encourages me too as still being going through some ups and downs myself although God has been helping me so much lately.

Yes prayer is the best thing we can do, taking our troubles to God. Just grateful He listens and hears us and answers our prayers, even if it's not in the way or the timescale that we thought or expected, He knows what's best for us and is working for our good.

Hoping for a much more settled period ahead Kelly and that the tablets are helping you feel much more stable, it takes time to get your confidence and health back after mono Kelly but truly you will get there with this - absolutely you will!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.