Mood 😓

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi guys it's been a while since I've been on here x just needed to take a break for a while x

so I've been on my current dose of citalopram for 12 weeks now. my anxiety has lessened a little. I am able to not panic as much and some of the physical symptoms have eased of a fair bit.

from about 8 weeks my mood really dropped. the depression is really bad. I notice it it gets better a bit in the evenings and when it's dark outside. it seems to be on sunny days my depression is a lot worse.

it's been over a month of the depression now I thought I would wait for it to go and ride through it but it's not getting any better at all. I feel like I've suffered enough with feeling this low and I'm at a loss of what to do now.

I don't know if I should carry on and see if it goes but that's horrible thinking I would have to deal with feeling this low for any longer. it if it's too early to increase. ive been trying to get better for a year now and i really have had enough and don't want to feel like this anymore.

would it be wise to increase to 40mg like I have done in the past? or am I just gonna make myself even worse. thanks guys x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Katecogs did say it took her 8 or 9 months the second time around to recover on 20mg which really does confirm that we need patience when dealing with this. it's awful isn't it - that hope that you'll get back to how you were. i think most people recover but it's the process of getting there.....

• Posted

I think hearing Katecoggs and lois taking so long is one of the reasons I have carried on going when feeling so crap x it definitely takes a long time. I just got worried as soon as the depression came back after it leaving for a few weeks x it's hard to not convince yourselves that you're getting worse and not better x

how are you feeling x

• Posted

i have been feeling bad again this week and this am i woke up like i didnt want to do anything i feel withdrawn again and the thing is i was feeling good for two weeks and now here i am feeling horrible again. scares me

• Posted

if we listened to Dr's and not this site, we'd be even worse. my Dr thinks side effects are gone in 2 weeks and then i felt massively pressured from her saying that. i've just gone up by 2.5mg as I'm still very anxious at times but then i'm only on 7.5mg a day ( have been on 5mg maintenance dose for 6 years). i get awful side effects when changing doses so i'm pretty scared of the next few days. am hoping a gradual and slow increase will lessen them.

i think, as hard as it is, that you need to try pushing through. are you out walking every day and getting fresh air? i have to push myself but once out, it helps.

• Posted

yes my dr said since i hade two good weeks it could be just fluncuation. but this past weekned i felt horrible. i took 10 mg on saturday night and then took 20 mg last night ehic i have been on 20 so not sure if that could have bothered me this am but back to feeling anxious and nauseated. 7 weeks wed

• Posted

yeah I'm making sure I go out even though it feels so horrible being out. atleast once a day sometimes twice x the anxiety doesn't stop me from doing that it's more the depression side of things x

how are you finding the increase so far? hopefully it hasn't been too bad for you and its manageable x

• Posted

it sounds like fluctuations to me as 7 weeks is still pretty early x the fact you had a good two weeks is a good sign x

it will even out again x

• Posted

yeah i understand - just walking a bit can help lift the feelings and doing this along with taking tablets should gradually help, bit by bit. it's even harder for you as you changed meds in amongst it all. my Dr suggested this but i wouldn't consider it after reading how you are. Katecogs would say keep going and she's more informed than anyone i know - i think goung up won't ease things for you, yet.

my 2.5mg increase isn't too bad so far but i'm only 4 days in - i keep worrying at the slightest feeling. i'm not working at the moment and couldn't face a new job atm, but i realise i have too much time on my hands to ruminate. we can't win can we 😟

• Posted

i am still plugging away on 75 sertraline. Last night i went out to dinner and felt okay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.