Moody McMoody - oh, perimenopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hi, so happy to have found you all.

I am so horribly moody and anxiety-ridden I cannot deal with myself at all so really glad I'm single. I'm 48. My doctor does feel I am in perimenopause - for the last couple of weeks I've been a walking hot flash, plus I have the mood swings of my worst version of PMS...

I actually quit my gynecologist in a huff because her assistant was maddening on the phone. I work from home, fortunately, in a high pressure position, and am barely able to keep it together right now.

I just started Pro Gest cream and am hoping for a good result. 

Basically though I'm shocked at these emotional issues I'm having. I've never been a shrinking violet, for sure, but I feel like a walking ball of rage. Please tell me this gets better...(I know it's all individual)

I have almost quit my job via phone so many times in the last couple of weeks I can't even tell you.

Perimenopause for me seems to magnify my emotional reaction/response to a situation that really is negative, but can be reasoned through under other circumstances. 

I feel like a screaming infant :-/

So thats my story...wish I had a few more years before this! Look forward to reading everyone's posts.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow, great responses, all - so sorry you're going through the moodiness too!

I don't know how I'm going to get through this workweek of a crazy project and a really, really difficult coworker. Have been struggling greatly to respond appropriately - would under any circumstance but right now it's more of a challenge! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.