Moral Hazard Forum Use?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Can anyone agree that there is an element of moral hazard associated with this forum? People naturally want to help each other however here people who have genuine health problems are maybe seeking advice from people who are underqualified? Maybe some contributors are highly qualified but some may not be even if they have pure intentions.

Is it possible that this site could give people false hope about their conditions because of this?

I think that this forum shows an underlying problem with the health care system if we feel we need to ask random people we don't know about serious personal health problems in a public forum?

I would suggest that some people may argue that people should not gelam false hope from the responses to their posts but I think we all know this is not the reality of the situation.     

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi peeps,

eeee I laughed out loud about the eye rolling thing my family now do it on purpose to shut me up haha, but I find being on this forum a sense of relief not for any diagnosis that's what a consultant is for but to like you said to just let out what you are feeling, I love it when a joke is put in to make you feel that little bit human hahahha not that we are robots, sometimes I don't even comment just browse ( no I'm not looking for a new sofa haha ) I will reply to those who just need a friendly uplift, but I have been off for a long time due to surgeries oops there I go again ha sorry on a serious note thank you all on here for just being there.

nic x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.