More dry mouth....

Posted , 11 users are following.

Back to extremely dry mouth and throat again....how I hate this horrible symptom. Whenever I get a new one, I always think it's worse than the one before! This time, it's accompanied by darker coloured urine, probably because I'm not drinking enough, burping, burning mouth, acid reflux symptoms. Can anyone relate?

At least I can eat again - the indigestion seems to have subsided...wonder what's next....

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Haha! This is fun, isn't it? What's next is right! I try to take it in stride. Love the cycling of symptoms and the occasional new ones.

Today I had my first hot flash in several months and it's like starting all over! lol! I really hate the dry mouth and I do drink a lot of fluids, had been checked out by doc, it's just this phase. Try drinking more fluids, should lighten up the urine, if not, probably should see your doc. You might want to try some hard candies to keep the dry mouth issue as well. I was given some solution by my dentist to use, but honestly it was useless, so I bring hard candies or cough drops with me everywhere I go! 

Annie xx

• Posted

Sure is! I get so confused with all my symptoms...Hard candy and gum are great for the dry mouth but aggravate my acid reflux! Sugarless candy is definitely better for the teeth but upsets my stomach. Aaargh! Now I'm stressing out about what else could be going on and my anxiety is getting worse. This is so horrible, isn't it?

Margot xxx

• Posted

Wow-does ginger aggravate your acid reflux? Mine is unpredictable, but I do know that if I could ever shake my coffee habit, it would really help calm things down quite a bit, including the occasional anxiety blips. 

It's funny but the worse time I had with acid reflux was the short time I was on the Combipatch (HRT). Unbearable!

I do hope you feel better and we get through this lovely time quickly! biggrin

Cheers,

Annie

• Posted

Thanks Annie, you reminded me that ginger is good - need to get some tomorrow! My acid reflux is unpredictable too. Right now swallowing is uncomfortable but not sure whether that's due to dry throat. What a nightmare!  Hope you're feeling better tonight!

Margot 

• Posted

I get this and interesting you say about the dark urine, I had not linked the two but have noticed both. I don't get reflux thankfully. It is definitely one of those things that the more you concentrate on it the worse it gets.
    • Posted

Thanks for commenting on this - made me feel so much better!
  • Posted

Hi Margot 

yes try to drink more fluid and water, urine should be the colour of straw, if darker then you need more fluids..

( this is what the doctor told me years ago ) 

take care 

Jayx 

• Posted

Thanks Jay, I'm going to make a real concerted effort to do that today. I know I don't drink enough! x
  • Posted

Yes these symptoms are sneaky and tricky. Hard to pin point what's really going on. 

When I ovulated a few days ago I had flu like symptoms with back aches. My groin hurt and then the pain rotates to my back then arm,  neck and shoulders. These symptoms are no fun indeed.  I get the dry mouth thing too. Especially at night.  I keep a bottle of water near my bedside,  that helps tons. 

• Posted

So true! I've had just about all the symptoms you mention over the last seven years or so. At the time, they all seem like the worst you've had, until you move on to the next one!
    • Posted

So true. Sometimes I feel like I'm dying and then I'll feel better until the next set of symptoms strike. 
  • Posted

I can relate to dry mouth and burping my gp has given me lansoprazol for my heart burn , my dry mouth is a constant thing and drives me up the wall.

Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Has it worked? Mine gave me thta, then something else, made no difference. I've seen a GI consultant, had an endoscopy last week and it shows nothing and GI does not think it is due to reflux/acid at all.
    • Posted

Can totally relate Teresa! I'm taking omeprazole now and I do think it's helping a bit. The dry mouth, throat, feeling like you've got something there whenever you swallow, does drive you nuts! Hope you're starting to feel better soon too! xx
    • Posted

Yes my doctor prescribed omeperzole for me too and it has helped tremendously. 
    • Posted

Hi Teresa, just wondered how long you were on omeprazole before you started feeling better. I'm having a really bad day today - horrible burning dry throat and mouth and acid taste in mouth. Hope tomorrow's better! Hope you're still feeling good! xx
    • Posted

Hi margotb

I was on it for a month and started to get some relief, today has been a bad day for me, it doesn't help because I am suffering severely with constipation that I look like I am six months pregnant oh I do hate this menopausal thing, I was recommended to suck on pineapple cubes to help with dry mouth, I have not yet tried this.

I have been taking elleste duet since Tues and my husband said I was still dripping wet last night, and it wakes me up do you how long it takes to relieve the symptoms , had to change all the bedding it drives me insane, I work in a care home as well so when I get the flushes they seem 10x worse. Rant over sorry just going insane with it all today.

Hope you feel better soon. Xx

• Posted

Hi Teresa,

Sorry you had such a bad day and hope you're doing a bit better now. This is so horrible, isn't it? 

My hot flushes and night sweats aren't quite as bad as they once were but they've gone on for years. I've never had to change bedding or anything though so I'm grateful for that. I found having a window open no matter how cold it was helped - thank goodness I have an understanding husband! Do you have insomnia too? I feel exhausted at 7:00 pm so have to lie down, then am wide awake at 11:00 and can't sleep - aaargh! 

Must try the pineapple - I haven't heard about that one! I find that honey/lemon cough sweets help my dry throat but I dread to think what my teeth will look like before too long - the sugar free versions upset my stomach. What a nightmare!

Hope tomorrow is a good day for you! 

Margot xxx

• Posted

margotb

Sorry for late reply, yes I do suffer from insomia, its crazy I feel so tired at times and I fall asleep in the afternoon if iam not at work, then cannot sleep at night.

Feeling so much calmer today at the moment (well it is only 8am) but I had a better night.

Hope you are well, take care of yourself and each other

Teresa xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa, 

Interesting what you said about your sleep pattern - that's mine too...had to go to bed at around 8:00 tonight and now it's almost 1:30 and I'm wide awake!  

The B Vitamins I'm taking are upsetting my stomach now. They were making me feel better though so feeling a bit disappointed tonight. Back to the drawing board I guess! 

Hope you have a great Wednesday! 

Margot xxx

• Posted

Hi margot

So sorry for not replying sooner, I hope you are feeling much better, my head just feels alot like its full of bricks at the moment trying to work my 12hour shifts do my course work as well as doing my Christmas drop offs lol, my hrt seems to be working now but I still get this indigestion, my doctors also refered me to hospital to have a biopsy on the lining of my womb which I find destressing at the moment too much too soon lol xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.