More Problems

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hey Guys   I was doing great for the last couple of years but I have notice the last few weeks that I think I have a problem.  I had a urolift done in 2015 and have been doing great.  Now I have a small stream sometime and I go and 10 minute later I have to go but only a few drops come out.  Sometime forces it out. Also have some leaking.  Thinking i'm done but end up with wet pants  Also it feel like Im sitting on a ball   Had that before I had my urolift.  Right now I'm just going to buy my time.  I will see my urologist at the end of february going to have a bunch of blood test and I will tell him my other problem.  I hope they go away.  We will see.  Take care all  Ken  

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You might want to do a UroDynamics test (and perhaps a Cysto-scope so they can look at your prostate / bladder neck tissue).  If you have a bladder neck issue, they could do a BNI / TUIP (which is what I had done after having UroLift, and regressing back to a poor state of voiding).  Just had it done 5 days ago, but definitely an improvement.
    • Posted

Brook...I trust my doctor but he will never touch my bladder neck.  I don't want retro ejaculation even if there only is a small chance.  I will not have anything cut.  I have a bunch of test coming up.  Will be having a scop to check my stricture.    Glad you see improvement.  Maybe I need a few more implants.  I had 4 put in.  We will see..Ken 

• Posted

Hey Brooke.....who did your TUIP and how has the recovery been?  I have a slightly enlarged prostate that is encroaching on my bladder neck. I don't think the TUIP is widely used so I am curious of your results.   Thanks

• Posted

Ken -- I completely understand -- I have felt very much the same way about cutting -- which is why I did UroLift instead of Green Light a year & half ago.  However, given where I ended up recently (increasing LUTS with damage to bladder & kidneys), I had to consider more drastic solutions.  The doctor wanted to do a much more extensive Bladder Neck Incision / TUIP with resection of prostate (which he said would have guaranteed retrograde).  I pushed back on that, and we met in the middle to agree on a lesser procedure -- he only did a single bladder neck incision, which hopefully will mean no retrograde (won't know status for a few weeks).

• Posted

Hey Trustme - My TUIP was done in Charlotte by Peretsman (part of largest urology practice here).  I have a 30 gram prostate (not huge), but some median lobe growth encroaching on bladder neck.  I do think TUIP is fairly common (if you have a tight bladder neck), and it's a pretty simple procedure.  It's early, but I definitely saw immediate improvement in voiding (quicker / stronger than with UroLift).  I think it'll take about 3 months to really know where I stand.  I had him do a Single Incision, so it's possible that at some point in the future I have to go back for another (but would rather do multiple procedures with less damage).  

• Posted

Thank you.  I live in SC.  I will look him up.    Would you recommend him?
    • Posted

brooke40780, Trustme Regarding the single incision you mention. Is the surgeon just cutting a path for urine to flow?
    • Posted

Good luck  He only did 1 cut  You still have a chance of retro did the doctor tell you that.  I will pray for you  Ken 
    • Posted

PS.  Having a little problem now but my doctor knows better they to say I need something cut.  Even when he did the urolift I had him sign a paper that he only had my permission to do the uro-lift nothing else.  No cutting at all.  Did that to another doctor when I went into retention and was bleeding he had to do emergency surgery to see why I was bleeding.  It took me 30 minutes to get him to sign ( he had a I'm the doctor thing )  I told him that I will lay hear and bleed to death that he was not going in me until he sign the paper with 2 witnesses.  It ended up being 3 blood clots around the prostate.  He burn them and I had to have a 24 hour flush.  Had a 23fr 3 way catheter in  Take care  Ken

• Posted

Thanks for posting, I'm following because my urolift was in mid-2016.  I've noticed a weakening stream, and I often have to be patient to fully void.  Evaluating symptoms is so subjective, it's easy to become an alarmist with minor variations; that said, your story sounds like it could become mine over the next year, so I'll be interested to see your progress.  Thanks again!

• Posted

Interesting to get feedback on Urolift as it is quite a new procedure.
    • Posted

Been good over the last year in a half.  But the leaking is what get me the most.  Thinking your done.  You can only shake so much.  I see him in the beginning of march for test and a scope.  I also have a stricture just befor the prostate. Maybe I need a few more inplates  I had 4 put in .  But I do know that the force is not there  We will soo.  Thank you  Ken.  I am happy with the urolift  and I would have it again   
    • Posted

thanks derek.  All was going well we will see.  I know sometime they don't put in enough implants.  I had 4 in.  We will see.  I been wearing a pad just in case.  Ken

• Posted

I have had problems with leaking too, but I found something that I think helps.

When we urinate, with the difficulties we have, we tend to only "push" to try to expel urine. If, after your flow has stopped, you do a strong Kegel type action (the same thing you would do if you wanted to stop urinating in mid flow), you will see the last spurt of urine squirt out into the toilet, rather than inside your pants when you have put your penis back in there. Hope this helps.

Neal

• Posted

Neal

I do that strong Keal type action before starting urination which first of all relieves some of the urgency if you have it, and secondly helps to make voiding your bladder better. Try it as soon as you feel the urge for peeing and you will see the difference especially if you do the kegel from lying on your back position.

FJ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.