More Problems

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hey Guys   I was doing great for the last couple of years but I have notice the last few weeks that I think I have a problem.  I had a urolift done in 2015 and have been doing great.  Now I have a small stream sometime and I go and 10 minute later I have to go but only a few drops come out.  Sometime forces it out. Also have some leaking.  Thinking i'm done but end up with wet pants  Also it feel like Im sitting on a ball   Had that before I had my urolift.  Right now I'm just going to buy my time.  I will see my urologist at the end of february going to have a bunch of blood test and I will tell him my other problem.  I hope they go away.  We will see.  Take care all  Ken  

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi, Ken,

Your new situation sounds frustrating. Do you think you might have prostatitis? Some of the symptoms sound similar, except for the leaking. Do you think CIC would be helpful?

BTW, I think I may have found a uro for my bladder stone removal. I learned of this guy in a story about a new procedure to take stones out via ultrasound. I emailed him last night, and he responded with 2 hrs! He told me there should be no reason for an emergency TURP during stone removal--unlike my local uro.

Stebrunner

• Posted

Hey buddy  I just sent you a post.  I don't know.  My urologist told me once that every man will get prostatitis in some form.  I still go to the bathroom but not the way I should.  I do get pain sometime in my groin and my penis goes numb but I have learned to live with it.  I sent a e-mail to him and I will see if he want me to come and see him before March.Just be happy some doctor are TURP HAPPY  Ken

• Posted

Hi Ken,

Try CIC or double up on your alpha blocker. Otherwise, you may have bad retention and it can be bad for your kidney.

• Posted

I don't think I'm there yet.  Still able to go some little but some  Ken

• Posted

Ken,

Sorry to read about your recent problems, I hope there is a quick resolve for you.

Joe

• Posted

I really see urolift as a temporary solution. No tissue is removed, you're just pinning back the prostate. Compressing it in reality. 

• Posted

No problem.  I still think it is a good thing.  I went out with my son for dinner.  Had to go 4 times only a little each time And when I got home went again.  Waiting for my doctor to e-mail me back  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

Hi Ken,

The last time I had symptoms like that, it was prostatitis. I had traces of white blood cells in urine so was given antibiotics. It went away in one or two days.

Hank

• Posted

How do they find the WBCs? Just a dip stick or look at it under a microscope?
    • Posted

The reason I ask is I buy those test strips at a local pharmacy. I frequently test positive for WBC . I've told my doc this but he just ignores it. They show up when he has tested it in the past. Frustrating frown

• Posted

If not for the other symptoms, my test result may have been ignored as well.
    • Posted

We need to be pro active with our health and finance.  If we don't see to it that we are getting the best healthcare that we can afford I don't think anyone will do it for us.

• Posted

I had quite a few prostatitis symptoms. They just ignored what I was telling them and suggested surgery. 

Looks like you got moderated

• Posted

No doubt joe. When my problems started my Doctor, 2 nurses and a PA all said what I had sounded like prostatitis. None of the 3 uros I've seen will even entertain the thought of prostatitis. They wont even try to get prostate  fluid for culturing while do a DRE. Its no win. When my 2nd uro did the DRE I jumped from the pain and said it hurts to be touched. In one ear and out the other

• Posted

The good thing the doc I saw was not a uro. Otherwise, he would have suggested TURP and I might have agreed since I was very miserable and ignorant at the time.

The name of the urine test company was moderated. No big deal.

• Posted

Well guys just heard from my urologist.First I have to have a urinalysis have to drop that off for him.   He think it could be inflammation of the prostate.  They he will start me on vitamins for the prostate.  Then from there we have to do a PVR in the office.  He does not think it a obstruction but he said that my stricture could have gotten smaller and it is holden back some urine.  We will see.  Thanks guys  Ken 
    • Posted

Hi Ken,

Isn't inflammation of the prostate is the same as prostatitis ?

Hank

• Posted

I think it is in a way but I guess he thinks I can get rid of it.  I'm just worried about the stricture  We will see.  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.