MORE RESEARCH IS NEEDED POST GALLBLADDER REMOVAL

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been on this forum for a few years now and the problems AFTER gallbladder removal seem universal: doctors seem to have no idea what to advise on diet, the discomfort and pain experienced ..... why is there not more research into this problem, after all when you lose an organ from your body there are bound to be knock on effects, but they shrug their shoulders - in other words, they don't know and we're left with our constant discomfort. More research is needed.

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This and for me it's 3 years this month that I 1st starting to complain to my GP of feeling unwell, it was 8 months before even seeing a gastro and I had lost 8 stone in 6 months running up to this as I couldn't eat properly.

Nearly 2 years ago I was referred for surgery and got messed about by the surgery team since then I have been seen by the Gastro dept twice due to long waiting times and last time I was told I would be seen again within 3 months which was now 9 1/2 months ago and I've heard nothing!!!

WHAT A WONDERFUL SYSTEM!!!! TO LEAVE SOMEBODY LIVING IN PAIN !!!

• Posted

matt.

hi remember you.

you are the only one that ive seen on here who has been treated as bad as i was.

its negligence on another level. and i feel your pain my friend.

if you were from bongo bongo land your opp would have been done years ago, come on boris get us out.

ive just spent the best part of 2 years trying to sue the nhs and i believed i had an extremely strong case with so much evidence.

not a chance not a case. justice does not exist for a certain type of folk , you know !!!

and still the pain and the anxiety and fear continues , and still i feel im slowly descending into my grave, and theirs simply nothing i can do, why , because they do not give a damn, ant that is a fact.

so how are you now matt, whats your situation now ?

• Posted

hi sorry ur not doing well. all i can say is just keep going back to drs. like i did and still doing ! they start from the bottom and work there way up for testing which is horrible waiting game. i just say over and over there is something wrong i no my body! i just started dicyclomine which is for ibs and intestinal cramping to relax muscles in stomach. giving it a shot will update in a few days.

keep calls going to drs hopefully they will

help. i dont remember your situation ? dod you have gb removed ?

• Posted

Hi mate, It really doesn't suprise me as the lady that lives a few doors down from me tried to sue the NHS for a late diagnosis of bowel cancer and even when they diagnosed the cancer the so called wonderful, gold std, healthcare system that we have failed to even tell her for a further 2 months. But it was a total closed shop so she gave up.

I was told I would be seen again within 3 months and in 3 days time that will be 10 months ago! It's now nearly 2 years ago that I was referred for surgery and since the I have only been seen twice by the gastro after the surgery fuc$$d me about, but I saw the pictures, something inside my gallbladder and the sonographer showed me that my wall is thickened.

Since then my ultrasound and MRCP have been normal but I have 0% trust in them, been accused of all sorts and I don't want to phone the secretary as she has been nothing but rude, aggressive and sarcastic every time I have called.

It is now over 3 years since I 1st complained to my GP of feeling odd and pains in my shoulder blade, 33 months since my right rib/ stomach/ flank pain started, 30 months of 24/7 nausea, 28 months of putty coloured poo/ dark urine and 27 months of dizziness.

I think I remember you had moved to East Sussex? I live in East Sussex and ESHCT is sh$t and is making me out (albeit very, very slowly) to be some sort of nutter!

I HATE the NHS!

• Posted

matt.

thats how long mine went on for.

you do know your at rust of your gallbladder turning gangrenous like mine did right mat ?

especially as your stool colour same as mine clearly indicates a bile blockage ?

and thats no joke mate if it turns gangrene, if i never had the money to pay ide have died some hours later .

yes moved to lewes where are you ?

n no '

h hope

sservice

are murderous b###&£#s as far as im concerned. i hate them and they cannot be trusted to even administer the correct medication in a sick old lady.

• Posted

Yep they are playing Russian roulette with my life and there is NOTHING I can do about it. It's mentally draining and it has wrecked my life with the anxiety, depression and worry of it all.

They are playing Russian roulette with my Dad's life at the moment also. He had a AAA 4 years ago that he had to wait nearly 5 months to be repaired and all they could do for him whilst waiting was tell him not to drive. So in short it was don't drive incase it bursts and you take other peoples lives with yours.

The AAA is now leaking and he is seeing vascular Thurs after waiting 3 months it will have to be repaired but this is just for a consultation so how long will it be until repair?! Maybe they are trying to beat their record from the initial repair.

I'm in Eastbourne that has the smelliest rundown, sh##hole of a hospital that has lost most of it's services.

• Posted

i was put on dicyclomine last week 3 tomes a day. well makes ne totally exhausted to the point i need to go lie down. and also spacey in a fog. i then did 2 the sane thing. so just one now and calling doctor to change meds. about this medicine if anyone has a child in it. my son now 19 was put on this in middle school. very smart boy. now with the world today and kids up late on tech i blamed his school work on this . always complaining being tired falling askeep at school. when in high school same thing i never thought about it being dicyclomine. one day my son asked me what was wrong with him? and cried. what he is in a fog sleeping everyday after school.. make it short brougt him to a new doctor and was asked why he on this? he shouldnt be these are all the side affects and after tests my son does not have ibs. so be aware of this med

i still blame myself for not thinking of this med and blaming him. and not doing well in school. things would of been different for him without struggling. turns out extremely low vitamin d and very low testosterone .

he is doing much better now. i should find a group on this to make those aware of this med.

there is other better meds for with pain years after gallbladder removal.

• Posted

matt.

i know it unreal and even more frightening matt.

and i know exactly what your going through mentally and infact your in a living hell with the anxiety of it all as ive been their i know , and im still their to some allthough much lesser degree. so i understand your concerns.

and all we can do as a nation is make as much noise about it as we can or hope that someone with power and good health to hear us and do something about it as when we are so ill we do not have the strength or the fight in us to do anything about it , AND THIS IS FOR ALL OF THOSE OF YOU OUT THEIR WHO ARE NOT ILL OR SICK , YOU WANT TO TO REMEMBER THESE WORDS AND STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE ABOUT HOW SCANDALOUS OUR NHS IS RIGHT NOW AS IT REALLY IS LITERALLY KILLING MASSES OF OUR PEOPLE TOTALLY UNNECESSARILY , AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT IT WILL BE YOU OR ONE OF YOUR LOVED ONES , AND GUESS WHAT , THE WAY IT IS RIGHT NOW , YOU WILL FIND YOURSELVES IN MATTS SHOES , UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT , AND TOO ILL AND TOO WEAK AND RIDDLED WITH ANXIETY !!

bear that in mind folks , because when it hits and lets face it , ill health will hit us all at some point !! and your not going to like the lack of help and non treatment you are likely to experience as it is within the nhs right now !!

so make some noise and make it loud !!

ITS NO JOKE THIS SCANDALOUS NHS AND WE PAY FOR IT , WHILE THE NHS FATCATS OF WHICH LET ME TELL YOU THEIR ARE MANY MANY REEP THE REWARDS WHICH ARE HANDSOME IN MANY CASES, YET DO NOT HELP US.

THIS NEEDS ADDRESSING AND CHANGE NEEDS TO COME , THEIRS MANY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MATTS OUT THEIR GOING THROUGH THIS AT ANY ONE TIME , AND THE NEXT ONE MIGHT JUST BE YOU !!!!!

matt im in eastbourne about 3 times a week , we should meet up my friend .

and try to find a solution for you ..

• Posted

Hello mate, Sorry I totally missed this.

Yes we should meet up at some point👍

• Posted

i did forget to mention that my gastro prescribed my dicylomine this week with a gastro scan waiting for appt.. i havent seen anymone mentioning taking this.

• Posted

Greetings Moonday, I agree there are so many of us that have had gall bladder removal surgery and feel abandoned by our Doctors, we are uneducated as to what we can REALLY expect with our bodies after this surgery, we are essentially left alone to figure out how to survive & deal appropriately with all the side effects of this surgery which after all, has completely removed an organ,(which had great purpose), from our body! That's why I personally applaud this venue! It's a great way to learn from other people who have been through the same or similar situation, learning what worked to help them, what didn't work & much more. I believe that the attending Doctor should provide a follow up class with each patient who has undergone gall bladder removal surgery. They should go over what you can expect from your body now that your gall bladder has been removed, how to counteract the constant acid drip into your stomach now,( for example), and give you some ideas of which diets work best, which suppliments are most helpful, etc. Yet, until this happens it is "great venues" like this one that are truly helpful, once you gather enough information from others who have gone through what you are ,(newly), going through, you research & investigate the advice given, & if applicable for you, you try this new info. for your own situation to see if it indeed, does helps you. Best wishes to all who are challenged by our gall bladder's or lack of one.

• Posted

Hi Cchurley ... well put and I agree, it's only when you join something like this platform you realise how many of us are left without much in the way of direction.

• Posted

moonday.

what ide like to know and have been trying to find out for some time is .

has anyone on this forum, tried ox bile supplements and if so how did it fare ?

I KNOW THEY ARE USED A FAIR BIT IN AMERICA ?

BUT IVE NOT COME ACROSS ANYONE HERE IN THE UK WHO HAS TRIED IT.

i suggested ox bile sups to my top harley street private surgeon after my op and he said hes never heard such rubbish and to forget it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.