More surgery , but not when I thought.😟

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I'm supposed to be having my other knee replaced  end July beginning August , as I hadn't heard, I phoned to see when I might get my appointment through, only to be told I'm written in for 25 September , 😟 I'm sooooo disappointed, I've worked so hard at getting the first one right, which in turn has compleatly messed up the other one, and now I'm panic inning like mad, because I really don't think my knee will hold out till then, that's another ten weeks, . And if I can't do the exercises won't my new knee stiffen up.? I don't understand why they , only last week wrote to my gp , telling him what they have done so far, and what they now need to do in end July beginning August , it actually says that. It's just making me cry now, I wish I could just say , stuff it I don't want it any way, but thing is, with out it being done, my quality of life is about five out of hundred. Sorry if I'm going on , I just can't understand why they said one thing and are doing another. I have asked to go on cancelation list, I'm so worried my knee will start going backwards, I've worked so blimin hard, as we all do. I just feel so let down, I guess, it's like they've done half a job. Am I talking rubbish.😟

0 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know how you feel Mandy, I've had/have some issues with dates myself. I had TKR in Feb but need MUA and surgery to straighten. Surgeon said it had to be done within 12 weeks for medical reasons, I called to chase and his secretary told me his waiting list was 5 months. I panicked and emailed the complaints department. I now have a date for 29 July (which will be 9 weeks). I'm on edge expecting it to be cancelled though.

I don't think they understand what it's like to be stuck in limbo like this.

Good luck x

• Posted

No that's right, I've already started having nightmares about the next knee, and now I'm gonna have them even longer, I will call again next week if I haven't heard any more, I really don't no why the secretary put in the letter to my gp, that I was to have the next one done, end July ect, which was only sent last week, when she would have known that I'm not being done then at all, . For me the letter confirmed that I would be done then, I feel like there just winding me up. 😟
    • Posted

Well I had such a bad nights sleep, worrying,Mao I called the hospital today, and had quite a chat, explained how bad my other knee is now, ect ect , then this after noon I got a call, and a new date, it is now gonna be done 14 th August , hurray, so flags are out , thank god for that. πŸ˜€ so I'm now a happy bunny .Β 
    • Posted

Brilliant Mandy. I've just got home from a few days in London and I've finally received my op date in writing for 29 July (that's mua and surgery to remove adhesions). We'll be back on track before we know it xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.