More white patches....what to do now

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am down to Clob once a week and three months of use altogether. Overall I am feeling ok but today I feel a little itch (nothing unbearable) and I think there are a few white spots that weren't there before. Should I apply Clob a little more frequently right now or continue with the once a week? Sorry, I am still a little confused. Thanks!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm not surprised that once a week is not enough after only 3 months. Try twice a week. Maybe after a year is it's really calm, you could try once a week.
    • Posted

Thank you. The doctor said at least twice a week but I was trying to use it as minimal as possible. Sometimes I think I am reading too much online and don't really know what to do.
    • Posted

We all look up the side effects of topical corticosteroids as soon as we get the prescription. But we're using a miniscule amount on a few square inches of unnaturally thickened skin.
    • Posted

That may be true if it is only in the one spot. But mine has spread front to back and down my thighs. So I am using more than perhaps others. Still as little as I can get away with but more than those who only have it "there".
    • Posted

I used Betnovate (betamethasone, same class as Clobetasol) over large areas  of my arms and hands for many years with no side effects. Except when I quit cold turkey I had a huge year-long rebound flare.
  • Posted

Here is the schedule my doctor gave me to use. 2x a day for one month. Once at night for 2 months, twice a week for 3 months. After that he said if it came back start over. I use very, very little. I use gloves to apply because I don;t want it to seap in more than necessary. After stopping the sugar and drastically reducing my carbs I am down to 3 times a week at night. Always apply at night because that is when your body will let it work. Think about it, your not sitting on it, not rubbing it. Your sleeping. (Hopefully) I hope this helps you.

• Posted

Thank you. I feel like last week I slipped. I wasn't watching my diet strictly and I used my ointment but was slacking a bit with checking myself and using the coconut oil plus I had sex last night so I think the mix of everything has me off this week. Thanks for the input!
    • Posted

Barbara, I'm a bit confused re the gloves and also the not wanting to seep in more than necessary. Is it your fingers you are worried about getting the steroid seeped  into? I never thought about it. 

I do use my finger and rub the cream in for a good 90 seconds but I do wash my hands well after. 

• Posted

I also use gloves. I know that a side effect is thinning of the skin and my finger is not effected by ls so I use a medical grade glove with application,
    • Posted

I must be having a brain malfunction lol .....  If your finger isn't effected by the steroid anyway, why use a glove as you are wanting the cream or ointment to be well rubbed into the white patches  yes? Feel I am missing something here as I am still learning  how to manage this. 

Does everyone here wear gloves and I missed the memo? 

• Posted

Something to keep in mind is various parts of the body have different thicknesses of skin. Eyelids are super thin, fingerpads are thick. We don't need extra things to be anxious about.

• Posted

Hello everyone 

I have had this disease for 20 years & my Dr. has never told me to use gloves & I have to say my fingers are fine. Everyone is different though so whatever works for you. I'm sure if my Dr. thought I needed to wear gloves he would have informed me to do so. 

• Posted

I am not sure what anyone else does. I just know that at only 33 and possibly maby, many years applying this junk I will be wearing gloves as precaution.
    • Posted

Thank you for your post. I feel like a freak as it is and comments made me feel more so. I'm at a low right now. Food has become the enemy. Don't know what is safe. Especially since I go from ls flare to yeast. Tired of the pain. Scared of more surgery.
    • Posted

Stay strong. I go from accepting to feeling low and scared too. I have cut all gluten and sugar and have lost a good amount of weight in a short time. I was small chested as it was and now basically have nothing so on top of "losing" my lady parts I am losing my chest. I am also a big runner and my energy levels are a little low with my decrease of carbs. I am also being questioned from family and friends about my weight loss.

I am still trying to figure this all out. I am just thankful you ladies understand.

Remember you are not a freak. You are strong and a fighter! We might have to do it in silence but we are doing it. And we are all freaks together! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.