More white patches....what to do now

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am down to Clob once a week and three months of use altogether. Overall I am feeling ok but today I feel a little itch (nothing unbearable) and I think there are a few white spots that weren't there before. Should I apply Clob a little more frequently right now or continue with the once a week? Sorry, I am still a little confused. Thanks!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was at the same point, except unexpectedly started to lose my labia around my clit. They were just melting away and at an alarming rate! I had noticed before that they seemed thin and curled at the top, so I laid off the steroid for over a week and continued to apply emu oil faithfully, spray with soda water and apply Vaseline at night. Things improved and I have had no further melting. No itch, and my labia skin is getting fuller, although the missing parts have not returned. I was not recommended a maintenance dose by my doc, but had been applying one since it seemed to be an effective method for keeping the condition at bay. I tried a maintenance dose again a week later and things got irritated again. It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks since I have applied clob. I have very light white patches that did not fade completely though use of the clob, but only one area itches occasionally and not very badly at all. When it does, I clean it well to make sure nothing is on the skin to irritate it and apply emu oil. I think that the clob is so helpful for reducing a flare, but perhaps sometimes it can irritate/damage the unaffected skin. I check daily for changes and follow all other maintenance suggestions here and I am basically symptom free. The hard part with this disorder is that everyone's case is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.