More worries.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello ladies, does anyone feel like they've been through so much with all the awful symptoms that your heart will pack up ? I must admit lately with all the anxiety, severe fatigue, nasty aches and pains, palpitations, dizziness and so on and so on its like for goodness sake how much longer and can my heart keep taking all this stress. Anyone else feel like this or is it just me and anxiety getting the better of me ? Thanks everyone x

2 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No, it's not just you. Welcome to the club. It's awful isn't it! I would love to hear from ladies who have pulled through this, drug free and are now post menopausal and are starting to feel normal again or at least have a great deal of relief now. I don't like taking meds and I'm curious to know if anyone is now post menopause drug free? Or maybe hear from some who haven't really had a hard time with this transition, That would be nice to hear also.
    • Posted

Yes Lyn I'd love to know about all the survivors too. All this must be a huge strain on our bodies like a constant trauma, it scares me sometimes with all the horrible symptoms. I'm like you I don't take any HRT or the like but have tried all sorts of supplements that have made no difference to this fierce demon. Hoping to come out the other side eventually x
    • Posted

Hi Lyn,

The ladies who don't have a problem with it are probably not going to be looking at sites like these, I'm not so bad now (HRT).

The reason I come on here is if I can help with my opinion or idea I'm helping someone who may be feeling as horrible as I have in the past.

I still have some symptoms mainly insomnia for a few weeks then sleep an hour or so and then wake unable to sleep again and after 10 years of it I'm sick to death of it to be honest.

But a lot has improved with the HRT I feel a lot better than I did last year.

• Posted

Lyn, go to the Discussion "the great finale of Menopause" a bunch of us just shared. This will help answer your concerns. I'll look for you on there. Best! Jamie
  • Posted

so sorry to hear of your suffering. I have been enjoying many of the same symptems. I used Hormones for  7-8 years and all of these symptoms dissapeared. It was wonderful. but I found when I went off they all came back with a vengence.  Taking hormones is by no means a cure and for me it was just a delay in my suffering. When my Dr. advised me to go off last year I did it just the way they suggested, very slowly. Inspite of my dilligence here I am again. it has been six months of no sleep, hot flashs every half an hour, severe brain fog to point of total disfunction. Finally a few days ago I went back in and am now taking my hormones again. It is about quality of life for me.If you decide to take them because they will help a lot, be prepared to be dependant on them for life. There are amany that get off of them and are just fine but there is a possibility that you will need to take them longer than anticipated.
    • Posted

Hello Beverly, so sorry you've had such a horrible time but happy for you now you're feeling better and yes it is about quality of life, unfortunatly I can't take HRT as I get horrid migraines too so have to go natural, I have tried lots of supplements but nothing seems to help. I don't sleep either, pacing the floor all night but lucky if I manage two or three hours, so zombie like all day. This is no fun and surgical menopause is absoloute torture . So glad you're doing ok x
  • Posted

Hi lou86,

I have everything you mentioned on your post and the " Face Ache" you posted previously.  I'm so scare of the face ache extreme painful and can last all day.

With all that I also suffer depression due to hormone I think?. Do you have any

depression sysmtoms? Hope you feel better?

• Posted

Hello again April so sorry you feel so bad - yes I feel as if I do have depression aswell, I definatly have health anxiety and have been diagnosed with it due to all the horrible things happening all the time - I don't sleep either and like you still have stingy face pains, ear ache, mouth changes, bleeding gums, all of it sends me into panic attacks at times that can happen randomly - for example I was shopping with my daughter at the weekend and all of a sudden felt so strange, spaced out wobbly hot sweaty palpatations clammy and had to get on the floor in the middle of a shop, so so embarrasing but everyone was very kind to me, thought I was going to die, then slowly it passes. I don't go out much because of this but took a chance I would be ok, obviously not - this is a long drawn out nightmare and feel so bad for anyone else going through the same thing. Sending hugs to you (( )) x
  • Posted

We all feel your pain, I'm a recent patient my symptoms only started last year, thinking that my anxiety had come back with avengance, then came nearly a whole day with palpitations, thought I was on the verge of dying, thought the anxiety was worse, but the brain fog, hot sweats and being freezing cold, enormous bad headaches all these are symptoms of Peri menopause, I went to see my endocrine nurse as I've also got under active thyroid and pituatry tumour on top of all this other crap, the peri menopause symptoms seem to come and go, hence a visit to see my nurse for a blood test but test came back ok, just getting through another few weeks of dizzy spells, just not being with it (head wise) terrible moods, headaches and extreme tiredness. Had another visit for more bloods last week hopefully results tomorrow. I hate being a woman. Does anyone else's symptoms come and go? 😔
    • Posted

Oh gosh you poor thing I'm so sorry for your suffering - I also have under active thyroid aswell and take 125mcg thyroxine, the levels went down about a year ago from 150mcg and its overdue really for another check, I should do that. It just seems such an ongoing thing doesn't it - I truly hope you feel better soon. X
  • Posted

lou...............it is the anxiety getting the better of you, but we all go through that, try some deep breathing, or go for a walk, or swim, just really to take your mind off it for a bit, drink plenty of water to keep your minerals upas well, dont over exert hyourself, as that will raise your adrenaline putting everything else out of whack then, you start to feel as though you have been dragged through a hedge backwards down you, im sure what you are fearing, wont happen to you, your still here arent you! just dont worry as it will make all this anxiety much worse for you. 
    • Posted

hello Elaine, yes you are right anxiety does get the better of me and keeps me awake most of the night and I do panic about absoloutly everything - I just can't get over it, I dwell on things and overthink every single thing that's happening all the time, I can't help it I just do........I will try to be more positive and try to get out a bit more and face my fears. Thank you for putting things in perspective, I feel very selfish when so many are suffering so much more than me. I get great comfort from all my lovely friends here that always guide and support me so much x
    • Posted

Lou............were all like that during peri lou, its the anxiety itself caused by peri, is whats making you worry more, and thats when we start anaylising things more, because of how up tight  and strung out we feel,  thats all it is, hard to be positive when we feel like that, what we have to do is, when it hits like that, try and keep ourselves calm, or, distracted, just to take our minds off how we feel, if you can stick to doing  that, you will find that your symptoms will lessen and you will be able to cope better next time it happens, we may not get it right everytime, all we can do is try, eating a healthy diet, exercise little and often, everything in moderation, along with keeping that stress under control, and your allowed to be selfish about your own health, we cant help everyone whose in need, we can only do what we can do.  But when you feel ill, listen to your body, so you can understand whats going wrong, then you will be better equiped to sought it, you can take back control then.

Early peri is incredibly hard, i ended up on anti depressant Sertraline it works as a seretonin reuptake inhibitor, and this one works well for pms depression, so, if you suffered with pms and depression before peri, they will be much worse during peri, its down to fluctuating hormones in the early stages, it will settle, but the depression i struggled with as it became black, so had to get something, off it now  due to being post.  To help the fatigue lou, drink at least 2 litres per day, 3 max to get your magnesium and potassium back up, this will help as you dehydrate due to night sweats etc, so our minerals go out of wack, you will find once your symptoms have settled until your next cycle is due, the water and minerals  will give you a more balanced feel, you can ease up on the water then, but find when symptoms hit again you will need to go back on the water, if you dont want to go on HRT, then its all about lifestyle changes and recognising your symptoms, and which ones your having trouble with today,  good luck lou  speak again x  

• Posted

It's not just you I feel the same way, I pray day and night that this will pass soon it's awful
    • Posted

So sorry you feel the same, 2.30am and still awake trying not to stress x
    • Posted

Try not to stress. I know it's really hard. Think of past good times or play a game on your phone, tablet or computer. Shop online. It always puts me in a good mood to see things I like...
    • Posted

Thank you yes am just gonna lie on sofa and watch a film, hopefully I'll fall asleep and miss it all ! x
    • Posted

There ya go! Enjoy and fall asleep. That's what I do!😴
    • Posted

Yes, activities definitely help... good movies, books, computer games, they're all great for occupying your mind with something you enjoy and it takes the edge off.  cool
    • Posted

yep, missed the film - hooray 3 hours sleep ! Better than nothing x
    • Posted

lou.............a film works great for me, as soon as i get in bed put a film on im away, in the past, if i didnt put it on, i couldnt sleep things going round head too much, rare that it happens now im post.
    • Posted

Sebrina...............it will pass im post now and things are more settled for me, i know everyone is different, but for the majority when your post things will settle.
    • Posted

ELaine that's great aswell im glad it helps you.........today wasn't too bad despite only having three hours sleep but feeling really bad again now, I'm two years into surgical meno and right at this moment am having one flush after the other and feel so odd and wobbly it's horrible - my head feels so swishy and heart is thumping Hope to god I sleep tonight its tough going. Did you feel like that ? x
    • Posted

I took 1 Tylenol pm last night as I had a nagging headache from the time I got up until I went to bed. Woke up this morning feeling 90% better. I don't like to take meds, but sometimes I just have to.
    • Posted

Hi Lynn - Uugghh headaches are horrid , I get them a lot if I drink lots of water they go off a bit but don't get rid of the spaced out feeling which makes me feel sick - I Havnt tried Tylenol, is that an over the counter painkiller ? x
    • Posted

Yes you can get Tylenol PM over the counter. I try and alternate with IB Proton but thats really not good for the hormones but what are ya going to do? I'm not one of those that can lay down and sleep a headache away. I sure hope you start feeling better soon!!!🌹🌺🌷
    • Posted

Hi lou..............yes i did, dont forget to drink plenty of water lou especially when your having a flare, it will help with the wobbly odd feel, you may need to take in extra salt as well, just add extra onto food, dont take it in by the spoonful especially if you suffer with high blood pressure bad thing to do, if your having high inner temps night sweats etc, we dehydrate, if your  thirsty it is a sign, low electrolytes and is low blood pressure, can give the wobbly odd feel, if your fatigued as well, another sign your water levels need topping up, and remember water contains minerals, magnesium and potassium, when we dehydrate we lose all this, water helps bring it back up, but too much water dilutes our salts, and you will then pee lots, again its about balance, you need to drink a max of 3 litres per day during flares, sip it every ten mins, if you gulp it it will come straight out and take all your electrolytes with you making you feel worse,  if you find the water isnt working though, try the salt trial and error, or, get some magnesium, this seems to help a lot of the ladies, if you wake most nights this can be a sign of low water levels and electrolytes, try to keep your sugars balanced as well, as this is affected during meno flares its what causes the pms symptoms, and if your sugar drops whilst sleeping, that will also wake you, eat little and often, high protein low carb diet, keep off sugar as much as poss, everything in moderation, if you have chocolate stick to dark better for us, then follow it with a handful of nuts, or some form of protein to stop the sugar crash which whyou will get after eating the chocolate, making our peri symptoms worse,  unrefined sugars  are better than refined,  and thats how you work it, identifying which set of symptoms your having today, and deal with each set individually, this is why some days, you get some symptoms and others you get something else, you have to recognise it, then change what you do about fixing it, and thats how it works lou. speak again! 
    • Posted

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it very much and take it all in, just one more thing before you go is it ' normal ' to have such awful episodes of light headedness with thumping heart, severe weakness as if you will drop to the floor if you don't hold on and just feeling like death - then slowly it passes ? Would you say that's common it's just so awful. 😰
    • Posted

Hi lou............... sorry for the late reply, im in UK, if your in US there is a time difference, so, you might be on bed now so, sorry if you have got this late, or, not until the morning, im not long going up myself now, but was round at my elderly neighbours house keeping her company, shes poorly at the mo.................yes thats totally normal, the weakness is terrible isnt it, along with the thumping heart, its a sign of low blood pressure, i suspect your not drinking enough fluid, drink a small bottle of water before you get out of bed in the morning............ then sip water every ten mins after that during the day, keep water by your bed for when you wake, have a small mouthfull during the night if you wake, important to take in more water during peri flares,take water out with you in your bag, if your blood pressure drops all of a sudden, and you get that feeling again, sit down straight away and drink water, just a small glass, all caused by up and down hormones and the affects it has on our systems,  very scary when it happens, and makes you feel extremely ill, if it happens in a shop, crouch down make it look as though your looking for something, just to stave it off, or try and find somewhere to sit, dont stand still for two long, so, if you have to qeue up for something and you think your gonna stand long, sway from hip to hip if you cant sit, if blood pressure is low, and you come to stand for a while, it will drop suddenly because you have stopped, so, just dont stand still for long periods, otherwise you will go hot and sweaty, heart will go fast, you will feel very weak, then sick and passy out, does this sound like it lou?? keep moving, but once you feel like your gonna pass out, sit if you can, because when you get to the passing out feeling, swaying wont help then, have you been finding you go to pass out as you get up from a seated position at all as well, or lose your balance? if so, another sign of bp dropping suddenly, hope this helps lou, let me know how you get on with the water keep it going for a few days, you should start to feel the benefit after that, and it should give you a balanced feel, if it works, then you have learnt how to help your blood pressure, when hormones are affecting it, but it will be temporary, due to hormones fuctuating, so see if it helps, and let me know, do not drink anymore than 2/3litres per day, you can over drink water, so dont do that mess your salts up otherwise...........moderation remember, but water will bring you bo back up, if its you bp dropping.  speak again, night, night then x    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.