Morning

Posted , 7 users are following.

Lying here in bed thinking what would happen if I took over 200mg of sertraline straight off would it hit me between the eyes and make everything rosy for a while. Just for a little bit, I would go out up in the hills and become one with nature. That sounds good to me. Thanks x

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

No it wouldn't.  It would either have no effect or just make you a bit sleepy and twitchy.  I took an overdose of it once (around 40 tabs) and it just sent me to sleep for a day or so.  Don't do it. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, asleep for a few days sounds good, I just need to escape for a while. Just sorted birthday card for my sister so will be going out anyway for a walk in the hills, get soaked and blown about for a bit. See what happens I suppose.
    • Posted

Hi I didn't feel any better when I woke up so don't do it.  If anyone finds you you will only end up in hospital. 

I am on sertraline too but because I have problems sleeping I take a small dose of mirtazapine,  so when I feel like this I just double the dose and I sleep for hours feeling much better when I wake up. 

If you are planning to take it then go out you must be hoping to be found.  Will it be a cry for help?   Is there any other way you can get the help and attention you need?   Taking too much of any med can be life threatening you know and is not a good idea.  x

• Posted

To be quite honest I don't really know what I want. At this precise moment I'm not bothered if I was found or not. Currently not on any drugs except diazepam as and when required. I have a mixture of meds which I have stopped under supervision so I could have a pick and mix. Only see psychiatrist every three months, seen gp on and off. Fed up with my work, life keep trying but tired again. Just need to escape from my head. I just feel as if I am a nuisance to everyone and wasting their time as I find it difficult getting across how I feel and explain what is churning around in my head. Thank you for your concern I expect the sensible head will kick in yet again but one day I will push it just that bit too far. X

• Posted

Tina i was exactly the same way. I went to gp and poured everything out. No matter how much sense i wasnt making. You need help love. Dont do anything rash please. X we are here if you need us xxx
  • Posted

No sorry, they would make you feel you need to sleep, in fact the dose you mention would possibly allow a yawn.

Mind the idea of reverting back to nature sounds interesting, would you ware any clothes ? I generally thought the one with nature would uninhibit and it would be very cold around nether regions

There are many really nice places to go, the higher you go the colder it gets Brrrrr.

BOB

• Posted

Hi all well I;m back cold, wet still awake easy solution not to take the 35 50mg pills with me, I knew 200mg wouldn't be enough but 35 mixed with mirtazipine could of been, did take 5mg of diazepam just to take the edge off while out walking to feel a bit blank, had a cry, scream at the trees, got blown about quite a bit didn't go up to the snow line as couldn't be bothered to walk that high as a lot had melted again. Bit of trouble seeeing my way back in the dark at least I didn;t fall over like the other night.

Bob I had read up before what to wear or not to suffer from hypothermia and how quick it would occur especially if I went into the sea, less is better obviously.

Thank you all for your replies got to give myself another big kick up the backside get soemthing to eat I suppose. 

Thank you all again. Sorry for being such a pain I just get these thoughts into my head and won't go away, things have been building up all week, well over time anyway. I just don't know how to make it all go away.

Tina xx

• Posted

Hello Tina we are all the same it all has to do with being in our own comfortable space where be can be ourselves. I will be out tomorrow at my appointment, they have got me were if they tilt the Dental chair in a certain way I relax more and they can work with me. In the distant past I would bite the dentist and get a slap for my pains, I am always around if you need to talk. You seem to have managed somewhat and that is great

All the very best

BOB

• Posted

Bob

Good luck for tomorrow, just remember to breath and think nice thougths, sailing on your boat? thank you for the offer of your ear, I tend to keep things to myself until I explode not a good idea I know but that is how I am.

At least i am letting some of it out now instead of suppressing everything like I have been since I was a child.

Take care

Tina

• Posted

Hi it would be enough as I have tried more than that.  I took a mixture of around 35 sertraline and 20 other ad's and I just slept eventually and woke up 2 days later.  it didn't solve anything and while it is probably not life threatening it can cause other problems with your body.  I know I am fortunate it didn't.  x

• Posted

Meant it would not be enough.  x

• Posted

Hi hypercat just sent u a p. Msg didnt realise y had been in the forum this recently. Mandy xx
    • Posted

I did leave for a few months Amanda and only came back in in the last week or so.  x
    • Posted

Hi bob was your old username bobcratchet? Or am i thinkin of somebody else xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.