Morning

Posted , 7 users are following.

Lying here in bed thinking what would happen if I took over 200mg of sertraline straight off would it hit me between the eyes and make everything rosy for a while. Just for a little bit, I would go out up in the hills and become one with nature. That sounds good to me. Thanks x

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nope sounds good in theory but not the case I've tried!

For some reason I don't feel any different on sertraline!

But they reckon taking more than prescribed is a no no . I've always tried to push boundaries!

So far still no wonder drug for this kid!

If anything I'd say the walk in the bush would just about do it on it's own for me!

• Posted

My doctor told me one of the main reasons they prescribe the newer SSR's is because unlike the old ones an overdoes won't kill you.  x

• Posted

So is that why all my prescriptions were weekly dispensed? Or is it because I use to mix with alcohol as well. Anyway I am glad you didn't suffer any after effects. I suppose when you are in that frame of mind you don't really think of the consequences if it doesn't work. I'm just having a really bad spell. It is nice to see you back hypercat. Thank you for your responses. I'll do my best to keep out of trouble for a while. You all take care. XXX

• Posted

Yup they do that to me as well it's a pain in the ass having to keep going back for repeats!!

• Posted

Hi tina yeah they do that with some patients the weekly scripts ecspec if they are aware of any alchohol abuse. Xx aw i honestly hope you start to feel better v soon x theres no worse feeling ive had it MANY times xxx
    • Posted

Yep ive had to do that in the past usually wen released from psychi wards xxx
    • Posted

Yeah that's my biggest fear is those bloody wards! It's easy to get lost in the system and I was alway scared they weren't going to let me out!

You do start to question your own sanity.

But hey on the up side you do meet some really nice people in there too that are battling the same sh*t!

And man does it help to know your not the only person who's had a brain fart !!

All walks of life lawyers truckdrivers dive masters alldifferent types of people! And I've found it easier to talk to people Going through the same stuff than worry about being sectioned cause you told the doc how ya feel!

Just remember like people say we are here to lend a ear or shoulder!

That's if I'm not fighting dragons in the kitchen or pretending to be a dead fly on the front lawn!! (Kidding)

• Posted

Aw thanks. I met a few lovely ppl in there i still write & kp in touch with a couple of them. And yes all walks of life are hit by this illness it doesnt discriminate xx enjoy fighting dragons lol personally id love to play quidditch! Haha xx

• Posted

Thanks Tina.  I never stay out of trouble either!  I proabably shouldn't say this but when my doctor said that she did add that with alcohol it is another story.  This has lodged in my head.... oh dear.

I took my last overdose around 8 years ago now.  I hated my job and it got me very depressed and anxious.  It was on a Thursday evening but I did make the mistake of ringing the out of hours service and the man was quite nasty with me.  I told him what I had done and he told me if I didn't ring for an ambulance he would send the police round so I had to.

My youngest sister used to work at my place and when i didn't turn up for work on Friday came round to mine.  I was absolutely furious with my team leader for telling her as I didn't want her involved.  I never admitted to the od but told everyone I had had a panic attack instead.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.