Morning Anxiety!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

I've battled anxiety all of my life and have been on two different SSRIs to try and get hold of this.

Back in May 2017 I stopped taking my sertraline as I thought I'd be okay. However in December everything came crashing down.

I've been back on 50mg for about 11 days now but the mornings and during the days are really hard. I wake up really upset and go through the day trying to hold back tears.

As I get to 7/8 o'clock at night I feel I can relax and hope that I wake up feeling the same but unfortunately it all starts again when I wake up.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

Lewis

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lewis yes I do . I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with only a little improvement but like u said the mornings are the worst as soon as I wake up the anxiety hits me straight away and for most of the day then. I’m just hoping these tablets work for me as I used to be on paroxatine. I’m gunna giv it a couple of more weeks and if no change in me I’m going to go bk on my old 1s 🌹

• Edited

Hi Lewis. I'm exactly the same! On day 13, wake up and feel anxious almost immediately, take my tablet at 12.30pm,  feel even more anxious and drowsy for a couple of hours after that. Then things begin to settle and from 7-8pm onwards I feel much more relaxed...not completely but a lot better than in the mornings. I'm supposed to up my meds from 50mg to 100mg in 2 days but so afraid that symptoms will intensify even further. Need to start feeling more like myself as I've been more or less bedridden for 3 weeks now! Hugs, Gabrielle x

• Posted

Hi Gabrielle,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry you're not feeling too well! I've been on sertraline 50mg previously and it's worked fine for me.

I'm not sure how long it took me however I tried to keep everything as normal as I can, going to work, going out, seeing friends and family and I believe this is key to getting back to yourself.

I also use rescue remedy herbal drops if I'm in a really bad way. Also try this technique -https://www.nopanic.org.uk/relaxation-technique/

It occupies my mind if nothing else but I do feel relaxed after.

One positive I always have is that whilst my body is still getting used to tablets increased anxiety is to be expected. As soon as I put my anxiety down to that I have temporary relief.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lewis

• Edited

Yes! I also wake up 6 am with anxiety and lasts me during the day. During the evening I am calm and relaxed. It’s really really frustrating. I’ve been on Zoloft for 7 weeks now. I’m hoping this fades away soon. 
    • Edited

Are you working at the mo Jenna? I'm just about functioning at a low level within the confines of my home and spending most of my time in the bedroom. Really hoping something positive happens soon!

• Posted

Hi Jenna wot dose r u on? As I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with little improvement. I’m just hoping these tablets start to kick in properly 🌹

• Posted

It's not brilliant is it!

Have you been on any SSRIs in the past?

Lewis

• Posted

I am working part time. I have to take a Xanax in the morning when I get up before my anxiety gets overwhelming. I would think by 7 weeks it would have gone away by now but it’s not. 
    • Posted

Yes I have been on Zoloft 50 mg in the past and it worked great for me. I am currently on 50 right now.
    • Posted

I am on 50 mg.  I see improvements but I dread the mornings because that is when I start to think his medicine is working for me as I have anxiety. I don’t understand why it hits me in the morning and by evening I am fine! I need to a Xanax to keep me calm and get me going 
    • Posted

You are so strong!! To be working and going through this at the same time, you're amazing! If I would only trust the diazepam the doc gave me I think I could be more functional. We will get through this bad patch and come out the other side, smiling, confident and happy. Hugs, Gabrielle x

• Edited

I don’t feel strong especially in the morning. It takes over and controls me!!! I appreciate your kind words though. I know some people have mentioned that it can take sometimes 9-10 weeks for the anxiety to go away. I’m hoping that’s the case for us!! It’s awful! Hugs to everyone ❤️
    • Posted

Jenna, you’re doing great. Focus on the good. We are both going through this together. ❤️
    • Posted

i know this is an old post but i would love to know what happened. I am on sertraline week 8 and wake up jittery and anxious every morning and feel calm at night! Its awful.

• Posted

Hi Patti: same here! Second time on Sertraline after 6month break. But i remember that was TUFF(!) Mornings was AWFULL and yes, till 7~8 everything was good... i m on 50mg now, nearly 2nd week (2 weeks before on 25mg) and i remember from the past: when i jumped on 100mg (when i was confident to do that, after 3month being on 50mg) then everything was settle... Hope U are better now:)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.