Morning Anxiety!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi Everyone!

I've battled anxiety all of my life and have been on two different SSRIs to try and get hold of this.

Back in May 2017 I stopped taking my sertraline as I thought I'd be okay. However in December everything came crashing down.

I've been back on 50mg for about 11 days now but the mornings and during the days are really hard. I wake up really upset and go through the day trying to hold back tears.

As I get to 7/8 o'clock at night I feel I can relax and hope that I wake up feeling the same but unfortunately it all starts again when I wake up.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks

Lewis

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know this discussion is now 5 months old but it’s helped to know i’m not the only one. Started Sertraline 50mg 6 days ago. This is my second time on it after weening off it 11 months ago. I remember it being rough to begin with when i first took it that time but i was in a darker place when i was prescribed it then and don’t remember how long it took to settle. This time i wasn’t feeling as bad before i started it but knew i was heading downwards so saw my GP who prescribed it again. Since about day 3 i have yet again been waking early with an increasing sense of dread before i have to get up. The anxiety and low mood have got much worse and i’ve been feeling as though i’ve been poisoned! I feel sick all day, have to force feed myself,  am constantly tired and feel like i have the flu. I am also just a few weeks into a new job which means i have to put a face on throughout the day and going off sick is out of the question. I do get some relief from around 8pm when i calm down and feel more optomistic, hoping that things will be better tomorrow, but i kinda know i’ll wake again and the battle will begin all over. I don’t want to go to bed because i just want to feel calm for a bit longer although i’m very tired. God this s**t is hard! I know it’s early days and i will persevere. Hope you guys are feeling much better now and it’s good to know i’m not the only one to experience this. X
  • Posted

Hi Lewis:) People experiance bad mornings when taking Sertraline. I was on 25mg from 2nd of Jan for 2weeks. Now i m on 50mg (2,5 weeks) and still mornings are Full of restless, anxiety, worries.... But is better, because i started to feel relaxed earlier than 7~8pm. Sometimes it is 3pm... Have good days too:) I know how tuff it is. You are not alone... Keep feith. Hope now U feel better.

• Posted

how may weeks are you at now ? And more importantly how are you feeling?

i am at 8 weeks tomorrow and like you have some good days but most days i wake up feeling crappy and then around 4-5pm i stert to feel much better and get my appetite back

How many more weeks does this last, as i hope it does go away eventually

thanks !

• Posted

hello everyone, I'm back on sertraline 25mg again. I started it the first time about 1.5 years ago and took it for about 6 months. currently it's horrible, I got crazy insomnia like 3 hours of sleep in 2 days. luckily last night I slept from 930 to 4am getting up every 2 hours with heart beating faster. I believe it's been about 17 days since I started it back. my doc told me to up my dose to 2 and my anxiety and attacks got worse for those 2 days so I cut back to 1 again. I've been nauseous and barely been able to eat. after my covid experience till now I've lost 25 lbs. I'm starting to wonder if this medicine will work this second time. anyone else had any similar experience ?

• Posted

i've posted a few times bow so you can read my story. I also started at 25 and then after two weeks went to 50 and yes some bad days followed . Then i went to 75 and more bad days . My sleep is horrible and i wake up very anxious , seems to settle down around 4-5 pm and then my appetite comes back and I feel good, but next morning i start all over again . Just started 9 weeks and more good days than bad days now so hoping I'm turning the corner.

Let me know if you have any questions

G

• Posted

Absolutely!! but it's not as soon as I wake up it starts around 9:00 a.m. and of course it gives me the anxiety poops every single morning. my thought is, what if we reverse the times we take it and take it at night so you'll feel better in the morning assuming it doesn't give you a insomnia

• Posted

hi lewis, yes im on day 19 of 100mg sertraline, mornings were terrible only started to feel better after lunch. doctor gave me a bete blocker to help with panic attacks and with approval of doctor i half my tablet taking 50 mg at 8am and 50mg 8 pm this has helped so far but im am under no allusion that i will have good days and bad days. hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.