Morning anxity :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dose anybody eles get crippling morning anxity. It eases off after a bit. But it's still a nightmare. And how do I know if my dose is to high for me? I recent went up to 75mg from 50 about 18 days and I'm feeling worst than I ever did on 50. I never ever struggled with sleep. But since upping I struggle to nodd off and when I do. I find myself wide awake at 3 to 3 30 in morning playing on my phone for hours till I drop back off. But don't get me wrong I have breife 20 min to 30 min spells in the day wear I feel normal. But just wondered if I should go back down to 50 or stay at 75. Altogether been on sert since a week before Christmas

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i also have high anxiety in the mornings ehich actually wakes me out of sleep in a panic and then if i try and go back to sleep it keeps happening so i have to get up. i have read it is to do with higher cortisol levels in the morning which is elevated if you are in an anxious state because your body is in flight/fight response mode and hyper alert. sometimes it takes a while for that to calm down and go back to normal but it always has when i have been bad in the past so i am just trying to accept as best i can for now - easier said than done i know.

• Posted

Hi Ryan, I was the same. Mornings were the worst for me and then just before bed. It was the thought of knowing I would have anxiety in the morning because I wouldn't be able to sleep. Each time I upped my dose, I would give myself 3 months, then if the side affects were still there I would go to the doctors to up the dose.

It is a long process and takes time to find your right dose but its worth it I still get bad days but its mostly good. Until the meds really start to kick in, go for a walk or go swimming. Read a nice book. Try to avoid the TV or your mobile phone.

Keep going, you will get there.

God bless

• Posted

hi Ryan, we are in exactly the same boat, i started sert 2 weeks before christmas at 50mgs, by week 7 i was feeling better but not 100% so i increased to 75mgs and after a few days all the side effects kicked in way worse than before so 2 days ago i came back down to 50mg, espcially after reading some research which shows that increasing dose above 50mgs has minimal effect and just prolongs the settling in period, im feeling terrible today because i guess my body is readjusting to the new dose so just going to stay on 50 for another month and hope it settles - this is the hardest time of my life!

• Posted

I dropped down to 50 about 2 days ago. And I feel very weird. I feel very up and very down. It's weird. But I hope that is a good sign feeling up. Its tye hardest time of my life to 😦 but I'm going to beat this 😃 and so will you! Stay strong and positive 😃

• Posted

thanks Ryan, yep up and down atm, have relaxed a bit over the past few hours hoefully ill sleep ok tonight - so good to speak to someone in the same situation makes me think im not going crazy, lets stay in touch and support each other x

• Posted

That would be lovely 😃. I dare say tho today I feel some what normal lol. Forgot what this feels like 😃..

• Posted

yes im also ok today...had a huge appetite at lunch time - double helpings of mac and cheese! feels strange as ive not been able to eat before dinner for weeks, able to sit and have conversations - so today is better for us, lets hope it continues x

• Posted

Good good 😃 well I have been shopping on hone down hill 😦 but I'm home now and hope to feel better soon again 😃

• Posted

ok yes, me too, experiencing anxiety over the past hour and nausea which ive not had all day, so taking in some rescue remedy and hoping it will pass soon..

• Posted

how are you now Ryan ? ive been feeling rough all afternoon, such a shame after feeling ok this morning, had to take an anti nausea tablet and appetite has completely gone again, so up and down 😕

• Posted

I'm ok at the min. Feel very weird tho. It's hard to explain. I'm going back to work on Thursday after 5 and half months off. I'm inky going back to get a bit of normality back in my life. I hope it makes me feel a bit better..

• Posted

yep feel weird, kind of angry for no reason - nausea has calmed down a bit thankfully - just want a hot bath and bed..you're right to go back to work, i've kept working throughout - thankfully my job allows me to work from home when i want, but i tend to be in the office 3 days / week, something that helps is going running at lunch time - everyone there thinks I'm a heath freak! but i actually go to ease off my anxiety a bit, which i've only mentioned to a few people, we can just focus on one day at a time until it gets better x

• Posted

Hi Ryan, I ok, I had an awful day yesterday, felt so ill and nauseous all day, no appetite at all, still feeling nauseous today but not as bad, mood pretty low and anxiety high, guess my body is trying to restabilise at 50mg, hard going 😦 how about you ??

• Posted

Oh dear 😦 well let's hope the 50 settles down soon and you get on the track to getting better 😃 I'm ok actually today 😃 apart from my wisdom tooth is killing me and it's making me anxious 😦.. and my bloody tittunus is bad today. That's one side effect that needs to do one

• Posted

glad to hear it 😃 I'm so sensitive to meds, I was on fluoxetine for years and it was brilliant until it pooped out,, but I remember it took months of side effects before it worked, so that thought keeps me going when I'm going through this x

• Posted

hi ryan, how are you today? ive been better - appetite back 50%', less nausea...and then bam my work tells me they want to give me a disiplinary because i had to work from home this week to be with my son while hes on half term (they have a flexible working policy) pretty unbelievabe seeing as ive never had a sick day or worked from home before...i think im going to get fired tbh because they told me not to come in and meet them in hotel, just what i need right now! but in some ways it given me something to fight against, because the real reaosn is the mat cover i was covering is cwhich is boosting how i feel ! ill get a better job anyway just have to keep them sweet so theye a refernce

• Posted

meant to say the maternity cover is coming back and they cant to afford to pay is both - even though they said they would only last month 

• Posted

Hey 😃 I'm not to bad thank you 😃. I think after the past few days I'm starting to turn a corner and feeling better 😃 just have weird moments thoughts and stuff. But all in all I think I'm getting better. You watch now I have said this. I will have a blip tomorrow lol. Its bloody sods law.. oh wow that really does sound like a pain 😦 especially feeling how you feel as well. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.