Morning/ daytime drinking

Posted , 9 users are following.

I lost my job a month ago, luckily not due to the drinking. My morning/ day time drinking is getting worse. Boredom probably. How many of you drink if you have drink left over from the night before?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. I don't drink on a morning but it's getting earlier and earlier. I'm thinking and looking at clock by 2pm!! Hate it!! My husband gets up before me and has started moving any left over alcohol out of the fridge before I get up.
    • Posted

Aw my mom hides the drink from me when I stay at hers. So frustrating thinking how I've ended up this way. 😔
  • Posted

Yes I had started drinking the leftover wine in the morning on days I wasn't working but I'm taking Nalmefene now and it had hopefully stopped this habit
    • Posted

No,havnt had a detox but had to be assessed by local alcohol services,was referred by my doctor.

• Posted

Thanks I'll have a look. I've been refered for a detox but it's likely to be months so I'm just trying to see if there is anything else I can do to help me cut back or better still give up before a detox is offered. I'm sick of this.
    • Posted

Aw that is great that it's helped with that. Have the side effects completely cleared up. I tried nalmefene Twice and was so ill on it. The second time I just felt permanently sick and struggled to concentrate.?x
    • Posted

I only started it yesterday as was using naltrexone before I got my prescription for Nalmefene.I felt fine yesterday and slept as well as I normally do (I wake up a lot in the night )....I was also fine on naltrexone
    • Posted

Aw you are so lucky. Within two hours of taking nalmefene I was feeling so sick and couldn't move off the sofa but couldn't sleep either. Hope when I try naltrexone it may be better for me x
    • Posted

It is supposed to have less side effects so hope you stick with it for the first few days when the side effects are worse
    • Posted

You are so lucky not been affected. Just booked to see alcohol reach out recovery people. Hopefully it helps. They also said about making more positive choices and will power grrrr. X
    • Posted

Naltrexone has a couple of advantages. One, it tends to have fewer side effects to begin with, two, you can cut the pill in half and use a lower dose until the SE's pass, though some have no SE's at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.