Morning/ daytime drinking

Posted , 9 users are following.

I lost my job a month ago, luckily not due to the drinking. My morning/ day time drinking is getting worse. Boredom probably. How many of you drink if you have drink left over from the night before?

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

cannot bame you. I used to drink early as well if I had not commitments and no driving. Of course I would finish yesterday's bottle...but this is not good in the long run...how is the job hunting going and how are you feeling? I was made redundant 3 times over 3 years.....Robin
    • Posted

I was working at an accountants firm. Very much a place where your face had to fit. Mine didn't. Another girl was been treated bad I made the mistake of politely defending her. I then got the sack. Angry and fed up. I was good at my job but as was working for them less than two years I can't do much. Job hunting is so so slow x
    • Posted

God, it bugs me when vindictive management stupidly throws away valuable resources just to suit their childish little fits. I saw managment at one job pulling the same nonsense, fortunately that person got fired before they could do further damage. 

I hope you get a job at a competitor and get a better salary too!

• Posted

All wrong Emma and totally destetable for certain. You are worth more then them!! Robin
    • Posted

Thank you. It's just so frustrating they can get away with it so easily. I said to them why would you want to get rid of the ones who work so hard for you. Fools! X
    • Posted

Thanks Robin, least it wasn't drink that got me sacked ☺️
  • Posted

Hello Emma,

I never had any left over from night before.  

I am taking Selincro/Nalmefene now..... tapering down my Units, bit by bit.

I would drink at any time of day, if there was alcohol there.  Sad state of affairs, but true.

Have you discussed problem with your G.P.?

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

I've spoken to the doctor for years about how bad my drinking is. Well it's getting worse over the past year. I tried nalmefene twice but was so ill on it. Moved to new area and new doctors this year and h said wait til I see alcohol outreach people to see what they say. I'd like to try naltrexone or campral if possible x
  • Posted

Once I started drinking in the morning..my problems got worse.

​I also started drinking again after 8 years of sobriety WHEN I left my job.

​My therapist did say it was boredom AND not wanting to deal with the feelings...of lost employment and the changes that come with lost employment.

​I always drank what was left over...WORSE..I would drink anything with alcohol (like mouthwash)....until I was able to get some "real" drink from the store.  I'm sorry you are going thru this.

​my advice from the therapist was to find activities....I couldn't....I just kept drinking until I got so sick that I had to stop or die.

• Posted

I sometimes don't even want the drink itself I want the numbing feeling it gives. Yes I'd def say boredom and unhappiness play massive part in it. I don't have many friends and do see my family all that often. So not got anyone close. And now I'm not working I only see people are the local shops. But so hard to go force yourself to meet new people or do new things. Especially now I need to tighten the spending. I always think sod the money when it comes to wine though.
  • Posted

So just spoken to my key worker they won't even offer that in my area. Also getting told won't consider anything till my appointment 29april. Why when you are so determined and need help does it take so bloody long to get it. So frustrated.
    • Posted

Don't know where you live but I've been told it's illegal to not assess you and tell you why you are not suitable in most areas
    • Posted

Apparently our area just doesn't offer that drug. (Postcode lottery maybe??). I just wanted to safely cut down hoping to reduce enough to not need another detox. Sick of this. Fed up of feeling so crap and a massive failure. Sorry to ramble on just so damn angry with myself.
    • Posted

Joanna on here should be able to tell you if that's true or not,hopefully she will be here soon and you can message her
    • Posted

Seems so unfair when we are all so desperate for help. So much developed and available if you are a smoker. Almost cried on phone when the outreach women said need to start having some control and making better life choices. 😔
    • Posted

Contact CThree Europe on this, afaik you have a right to have all the options presented to you. Your key worker is likely 100% wrong. Start keeping a drinks diary, likely that will be needed for the process. I believe there is a RAG (Red Amber Green) protocol for each area that says who can prescribe the medication (GP or addiction services) and there is likely a counseling requirement attached to the prescription. If needed, CThree Europe can provide the formal counseling, so if you get that objection, you're covered. On the top of the CThreeEurope (dot) com homepage, there's a "Contact Me Here" button, or use the chat if available. It may take a bit till someone can get back to you, but you can get the ball rolling.
    • Posted

I would have fired back "Yes, better choices than talking to a numpty that doesn't even know how to carry out their duties!", but RHGB has a far better approach. 
    • Posted

That's the type of worker you don't need!! Sorry if that sounds harsh. Thinking of you. I'm tipsy and so frustrated. My eldest at 18 is driving me mad. Time to walk the dog I think.
    • Posted

You'll get the upper hand on this, Shelley! Once the alch is under control, the other parts will start falling into place and things will get easier overall.
    • Posted

I had everything in place after last detox but certain things trigger me (anniversary of my mums death) and I'm back where I was!! That's what's makes me so mad, I should know better!! Sorry!! So bloody cross with myself,,, that one night of me saying " I'll be ok now, it's been months. I'm in control". Arrgghh.
    • Posted

That's how it often goes, Shelley. Not just for you, lots of us in the same boat, across all walks of life.
    • Posted

Congratulations on getting back on track.  Its tough..we always want to turn to alcohol when we are in pain..not realizing it causes US...way MORE pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.