Motivation

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had a life (once) - it involved two legs working properly and an ability to get through a day without popping pills! I am delighted to have got half a resolve from the oa pain with hip replacement number one. 

Sometimes it is hard to find motivation to get through the day when it feels like your life is in suspended animation,your job has just disappeared up the Swannee and you still can't put a sock on .

As I am a great one for lists, I have put one on the fridge. It gives me bite sized goals to achieve. I wonder what anyone else is striving for?

1.Starting a new business

2. Travelling again

3. Spending time with me chickens

4. Getting out and about in Cornwall again

5. Umm, me chickens!

5 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Kate

Greetings from nearby Devon, where cream goes on cream teas first and jam second....

Glad you've got to a half resolved place in life with hips - my hips were funny, one needed magic 12 years ago and the second 5 magic months ago! Glad lessening of pain for you but obviously yes you need your life back! Where is a nice but gentle place to walk the Cornish Path post op in next few months please?

Goals being reset  at 5 months:

!.... walking in cornwall - see above

2..... crouching, still struggling to get low, tho I can on the strap suspension machine in the gym for some reason!

3. pain free trip to south africa next year to see aunt and leopard, not leopard eating aunt!

4. jog for a 10K race ( I did a lap at the gym yesterday on machine)

Achieved sox on standing up, carrying two cups of coffee upstairs.

Maybe I can drop by and see your chickens when in cornwall shortly, maybe pm me?

Take care -all will happen soon for you too I hope!

Mic

xx

• Posted

Hah, I'll say it quietly, Mic, but I am reall a Devon girl, I am from Torquay but moved to Cornwall 30 years ago.

There are plenty of flattish walks everywhere. I guess the most interesting would be around the Helford Passage. There is a wonderful flat (ish) cliff walk between Porteath and Godrevy.

I love beach walking and there are some fine ones around - Perranporth to Chapel Porth about 3 miles when the tide is out and Gwithian to Hayle Estuary. There are also the dunes there to explore.

Thanks Mic, nice to see that five months on you are doing so much. I am being patient with my body, doing things gently and keeping moving.

We are off to Culdrose Air Day tomorrow and am taking my life in my hands with Sean pushing me in a hired wheelchair! We got it as a safty back-up and it has been so useful in getting me out and about. I can just collapse in it when I have had enough.

My email is ________ if you are in Cornwall

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Oh poot, I included my email address on that reply and they have eaten it.

Don't let anyone know but I am from Torquay, I moved here 30 years ago.

Good places to walk - Porteath to Godrevy coast path. Helford Passage, Roseland Peninsula.

Glad to see your five months progress, it's encouraging.

Devon cream is better than Cornish but you will never touch the pasty!

Will pm you details if you're in Cornwall

• Posted

Hi Kate , 

Love your post and pics ! 

what kind of new business are you planning to start?  

My list is short term goals right now :

being able to pack my stuff and move this Friday, preferrable without damaging new hip and old, worn out hip behaving ..

then the logistic part of the move ...

and so much more ...

scheduling 2nd THR -

that's it .... 

gorgeous chicks - 

You are doing great, by the way .. love your postiveness !

warm hug

renee

to make appointment for second THR 

• Posted

Oh ... I love it !!!   beautiful - so much patience required biggrin - 

Well, you keep him on his toes, Kate .... I wonder what they are looking for in a post that is forbidden - no email address, no links, offensive language and what else ...

• Posted

understood Alan .... you are doing a great job !!! 
    • Posted

Sorry, Alan, I didn't realise I was breaking rules, won't happen again x
  • Posted

Hi great stuff. I have no chickens (apart from the ones that I have counted before they've hatched)

My target list of milestones is shamefully blokey and sport-oriented but it's what I'm aiming for....

1. Go to the 4th Ashes Test at Trent Bridge - Friday 7th Aug

2. Holiday with my wife + 3 other couples in Majorca - 2nd week in Sept

3. Go on 3 day golf tour in North Norfolk with 5 other blokes - early Oct

4. Ski in Feb/March

Here's hoping that all works out!

• Posted

i live in north norfolk i live in cromer, you are welcome to come and say hello i will let you have the address nearer the time, you can then meet my hubby who has to put up with me lol

• Posted

Hiya Lynn,

well , enjoy retirement, but be aware everyone will try to rope you in for vol work so choose slowly and carefully which you listen to The Archers!

Lovely place you live - do you bird watch there?

mic

xx

• Posted

i am not a twitter, cley next sea which is about 15 minute drive away is where all the twitters go and if you want to see seals go to blakeney poin, you can go on boat trips to see the seal colonies, occasionally we see them just off cromer beach 
    • Posted

Hi Lynn...

Not a twitter or indeed twitcher..They are the mad ones...but love simple bird watching.

Remember a pub in middle of Cromer on corner...lovely fish n hips!

Mic

X

• Posted

Great motivations Neil, blokey or not. I am looking forward to travelling again next year, we missed this year for obvious reasons. Hard to believe that this time last year I was swimming off a gulet in Turkey. Majorca will be lovely in Sept.

I have just booked us 4 nights in Bath at the beginning of Sept. Not super adventurous but at least a break. I am addicted to airbnb and found a boutique flat decorated in Georgian style. looking forward to the baths again and a trip to Longleat!

• Posted

There is Mary Jane's fish and chips the pubs in Cromer is Wellington which is on a corner, Albion again on corner or the red lion and finally the kings head

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.